Old November 24, 2002, 02:07   #1
UnOrthOdOx
PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG Glory of WarApolyton Storywriters' GuildIron CiversApolytoners Hall of FameC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GamePolyCast TeamC4DG The Mercenary TeamC4WDG The Goonies
Emperor

Local Time: 05:31
Local Date: November 1, 2010
The Jungle Gazette: Volume XXVIII (I think)
THE JUNGLE GAZETTE

Your Light in the Jungle Since 1730 BC - November 23, 1020 AD

NewCon Takes Effect
First Elections inspire Controversy

With the NewCon taking full effect for the first time, perhaps it was no surprise that there would be a few snags during this first election. The most notable being the Domestic Minister Election which ended in a tie. Much confusion soon arose over what was to be done when Aggie took charge, declaring himself in charge of the Domestic Minister's responsibilities. Weathering the accusations of an attempt to become Emperor, Aggie proceded in the interest of keeping the game moving. Soon appointing Togas as his Vice President, and confirming his cabinet of Arnelos as Foriegn Affairs Minister, and Thud as Supreme Military Commander.

The Court, under the authority given them in the NewCon, requested the public's permission to view the votes in order to determine whether or not there were any votes that were of foreign decent. Some claimed that such an action would simply take far too long, with the term likely being over before the results were known while others were more bold, claiming that the NewCon does not even forbid foreigners from voting in an election, but only in Senate matters. It was in this time of turmoil that GhengisFarb stepped up and resigned from the election, conceding defeat to E_T. Claiming that he had already resigned at the end when the matter was tied to avoid such problems surrounding the first term.

- UnOrthOdOx

Court Case #5 Ruling Delivered
First Split Decision from the Court

The Case brought into question the actions of an official within the Apolytonia Defense Review (580 AD - Vol. I) thread, and after a long and well argued hearing, the court finally broke to reach a decision.

Having ruled on three counts, the court unanimously agreed that Reddawg had not violated the Code of Laws with his actions, and that he deserved no punishment for those actions. However they also stated:

"We wonder, what if Mr. Orange were not a new citizen? What if Mr. Orange were a newly elected President? What kind of anarchy would result if the enemies of this new President launched accusations of breaches of the Code of Laws based on nothing? What if they persisted? What if when they were shown how baseless their accusations were, they declined to fully apologize and withdraw? What if they then maintained that the acts in question of the President were of no value or were detrimental anyway? What if they maintained that they thought the President was wrong, so they had no responsibility? Should the President and the public have recourse to the court as a remedy against such chicanery? To that last question the court answers, yes.

Be he the greatest noble, or the newest citizen, accusations of wrong doing which are baseless and persistent shall be actionable against the accusor in this court. We have already laid out the possible remedies we feel are appropriate if the issue is severe enough that we agree to hear it.

We fully intend to uphold the right to free speech of all citizens. However, that right does not over ride the rights of others to the peaceful enjoyment of this game. If you seek to harm their reputation, if you seek to besmirch them or their actions, if you seek to disrupt a peaceful gathering of other citizens; if you do these things without just cause or in a malicious manner, then this court will very likely levy the highest sanction available to us.

However, we do not see that Reddawg meant malice with his posts. His expressions were unfortunate, and rooted in ignorance, but they were not sufficient to justify severe sanction. We also acknowledge that Reddawg seemed to withdraw the worst of his accusations, however he never entirely withdrew the barb. We do not feel that censure, beyond that contained in this ruling is warranted.

Reddawg did libel Mr. Orange. This action is not in violation of the Code of Laws. It is however something which we have just ruled upon and enunciated as common law. It is applicable in this case and in future cases."

However, this decision also represented the first split decision in Court history with Shiek dissenting, and stating that:

"I do believe that Reddawg’s comments where rude and were not within the spirit of the game, however I find that he in no way broke the Code of Laws. Everyone has the right to free speech and that right is only limited by Apolyton rules."

- UnOrthOdOx

JungleBall Summary
Week 11

Last Week's Games:
UBERGORSK IRONS 59; BANANA (HQ) PEELS 65
The Peels continued their upward rise while Irons found only scoring troubles, netting only 59 points in a 59-65 loss to the Banana (HQ) Peels. The win pushed the Peels up to 5th place, and knocked the Irons to 4th. Donegeal, Peels coach, commented, "Slowly but surely, the Peels have raised to the top half of the league with a stunning upset of the Irons last week." The Irons will have to work on their point scoring if they want to do better, but have so far been hindered by an injured David Boston and a lackluster Shawn Alexander.

APOLYTONIA ARCHERS 95; HERE IT IS WINOS 85
The Archers are continuing their streak towards the top of the rankings. After loosing most of their games at the start of the season, the Archers have won the last three. It remains in question whether Coach Togas can continue his winning streak, but with the Archers having one of the highest point totals in the league, it seems very possible. The Winos had two players score over 20; Jeff Garcia for 23 and Terrell Owens for 29. The Archers had only one player who scored a 20+ game, but had four others score 10+.

DEL MONTE RANCHERS 54; GEOFRONT EVAS 110
The #2 ranked Evas continued their dominance, doubling the Ranchers' score. Fueled by Rich Gannon's 20 points, Eddie George's 20, and Ricky William's 24, 5 out of Geofront's 9 starting positions scored fifteen points or more. On Del Monte, Amani Toomer had a team high fifteen points.

TERMINA TRIP 101; JERUSALEM PICKERS 49
The Trips steamrolled the Pickers, with Wide Receiver Hines Ward pulling in a team-high 30 points and three other starters pulling in 13+. The Pickers quarterback, Aaron Brooks, played a solid game with 19 points, but was unable to compensate for a general lack of scoring by the rest of the offense, with all other starting positions scoring 8 points or less. This win allowed the Trips to further solidify their #1 ranking.

CHIQUITA BANANAS 90; TIMELINE 74
Despite superb performances from Timeline's Tampa Bay defense (14 pts) and quarterback Daunte Culpepper (23 pts), Chiquita defeated was victorius by a margin of sixteen points. Chiquita's offense was carried by running back Priest Holmes (18 pts) and Marvin Harrison (25 pts). Despite a lackluster defense from Oakland, who only brought in eight points, Chiquita was ultimately victorious. The victory left Chiquita in 3rd place, and Timeline last.

Code:
JungleBall Rankings - Week 11
Rank Team Name W-L-T (*) Win % Points Streak Next Opponent
1 Termina Trip 8-2-1 .773 1052.00 W-6 Geofront
2 Geofront Evas 8-3-0 .727 979.00 W-1 Termina
3 Chiquita Bananas 6-5-0 .545 844.00 W-1 Jerusalem
4 Ubergorsk Irons 6-5-0 .545 810.00 L-1 Timeline
5 Banana (HQ) Peels 5-6-0 .455 783.00 W-1 Here It Is
6 Del Monte Ranchers 5-6-0 .455 754.00 L-2 Apolytonia
7 Jerusalem Pickers 4-6-1 .409 842.00 L-1 Chiquita
8 Here It Is Winos 4-6-1 .409 807.00 L-1 Banana (HQ)
9 Apolytonia Archers 4-7-0 .364 965.00 W-3 Del Monte
10 Timeline 3-7-1 .318 792.00 L-3 Ubergorsk
* Wins-Losses-Ties
- adaMada

FROM THE REMAINS OF FRANCE!
An soldier’s tale on the long road home from the Battle of Besancon
(taken from the journal entries of Captain Bob Apolytis)

November 820 A.D.- It is raining today. The clouds from over the mountains have settled over the city and covered the countryside. The streets here are empty, save for the few peasants rushing for shelter from the storm. It has been three days since we took Besancon, a small village surrounded by steep mountains on nearly all sides. As I look out over our new domain, I have to laugh to myself about the frailty of the Frenchman’s resolve. Looking back, our waves of cavalry ripped through their musketmen like a knife to warm butter. Word from back home is that we’re being recalled and replaced by some fresh grunts to stand guard over these people. I look forward to going home, to see the proud banners atop the castles in Apolyton, blowing in the wind. I long to return to my home in the country, but my work here is still not done. These Frenchmen must have SOMEONE to stand guard over them.
One week later, 820 A.D. – We begin the long journey homeward, but it is not a pretty site. Death and destruction litter the countryside. The Frenchies burned up a good plenty of their crops, so we have nothing to eat as we travel, save for the occasional supply train of horses and donkeys that pass through on their way to relieve the soldiers in France. They complain a bit when we buy food but we’re given a decent under-the-table price for being veterans. During one night we set up camp in a clearing in the forest. As we sat by the fire, tired and weary, one of our younger cavalrymen suggested we have a mock joust, to keep true to our old tradition. I am sure he had plenty to drink, because after he mounted his horse and got going he lost his balance and fell into a large mud puddle. As he paced around angry he challenged the rest of us to an shooting match for accuracy, and though at first we refused, we finally took him up on his offer. Sure enough, after all of us had shot, it did not seem to matter that that young cavalryman had been sampling GhengisBeer, for his shot was true and he hit the target dead center 9 shots out of 10. I am sure no one will complain about this entertaining waste of ammunition, but a certain level of comradery has surfaced here as we return home. Three days journey and I shall see the great Palace of Apolyton.
Same Day – Just received word of the end of the war! France surrendered to our guys in Avignon, and the war was over. Looks like Khufu and his divisions pulled through in the end and are now being hailed as great war leaders back home. Hope he remembers to promote me when if they put him in charge of some army….
Three Days Later - We’re finally home! The people were singing and dancing in the streets, banners waving, trumpets playing! We entered the city of Apolyton riding side by side on our horses in a long line that stretched several city blocks. Cheering and celebration everywhere! This is all truly amazing! Now it’s time for me to find some ale and join the party!

-Compiled by Meshelic

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old November 24, 2002, 02:09   #2
UnOrthOdOx
PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG Glory of WarApolyton Storywriters' GuildIron CiversApolytoners Hall of FameC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GamePolyCast TeamC4DG The Mercenary TeamC4WDG The Goonies
Emperor

Local Time: 05:31
I know, I'm a bit rusty. Give me a bit, and I will get back into the groove again.

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old November 24, 2002, 02:29   #3
adaMada
Civilization III Democracy GameTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersPtWDG RoleplayRise of Nations MultiplayerInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 06:31
Awsome issue, as always. .

I hope I'll be able to submit more next time...

-- adaMada
Old November 24, 2002, 02:32   #4
Arnelos
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG SarantiumCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Good work, Unortho.
Old November 24, 2002, 03:49   #5
E_T
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3CDG Team BabylonC4DG SarantiumCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Local Time: 07:31
Great! Another good, er..., banana leaf on paper, yeah that's it.

E_T
Old November 24, 2002, 08:21   #6
Panag
MacCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusC4BtSDG Rabbits of Caerbannog
Emperor

Local Time: 13:31
Quote:
Originally posted by E_T
Great! Another good, er..., banana leaf on paper, yeah that's it.

E_T
hi ,

huh , its more like a paper on a banana leaf , .....

great job

have a nice day
Old November 24, 2002, 19:02   #7
Jon Shafer
PtWDG RoleplayPtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG Neu DemogypticaInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG LegolandPtWDG Vox ControliPtWDG Glory of WarPtWDG2 SunshineApolyton UniversityC3CDG Desolation RowApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV CreatorsC4DG SarantiumApolyCon 06 ParticipantsPtWDG Lux Invicta
Firaxis Games Programmer/Designer

Go Termina!!!!

Awesome stuff as always Unortho.
Old November 25, 2002, 18:33   #8
GodKing
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC3CDG The Lost BoysCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Emperor

Thanks, and job well done.

As long as I could figure a way to hump myself, I would be OK with that
--Con
Old November 25, 2002, 23:32   #9
Zero
PtWDG Glory of WarInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG3 SpartansPtWDG2 Monkey
King