Old January 2, 2003, 11:25   #361
Hercules
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 SpartansACDG3 GaiansC4DG VoxC4WDG éirich tuireannC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansBtS Tri-LeagueC4BtSDG TemplarsACDG PeaceACDG3 Data Angels
Deity

Local Time: 12:33
Local Date: November 1, 2010
TKG love it, very funny. If you visit the Apolyton Community Avatar advice needed thread. Could you reduce my avatar to similar size. I am afraid I am not familar with or expert at that sort of thing.
Old January 2, 2003, 15:48   #362
lucky22
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameApolyton Storywriters' Guild
Prince

Local Time: 11:33
Back after a week away and I've missed the damned elections! Arrgh.
Old January 2, 2003, 16:11   #363
Hercules
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 SpartansACDG3 GaiansC4DG VoxC4WDG éirich tuireannC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansBtS Tri-LeagueC4BtSDG TemplarsACDG PeaceACDG3 Data Angels
Deity

I' ll have that last Black stuff and Talisker now. Drinks on me. Just been voted Director of Peace Operations. Thanks everyone.
Old January 2, 2003, 17:24   #364
Kassiopeia
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameGalCiv Apolyton EmpireApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 14:33
/me serves Hercules his drinks *

/me gesticulates wildly *

Where is DBTS!

Last edited by Kassiopeia; January 2, 2003 at 17:55.
Old January 2, 2003, 17:46   #365
Maniac
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyPolyCast TeamACDG3 Spartans

Local Time: 13:33
With his girlfriend in a ski cabin in the middle of nowhere, trapped due to stormy and snowy weather with no chance to leave, only having each other as company??? Or perhaps on a Newyear family visit where he has to give three kisses to all his old ugly aunts and grandmothers?
Old January 2, 2003, 18:03   #366
Kassiopeia
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameGalCiv Apolyton EmpireApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

I don't care if it was his own wedding, the forum needs moderation badly!

Old January 2, 2003, 19:29   #367
Method
ACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 SpartansAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNs
Emperor

Local Time: 08:33
uhm, since when is kass bartender?

regardless, in light of this new revelation, i need to start ordering drinks that are more difficult to make!

kass, i'll have a P4psi+fungal gin, with 3.8 ice cubes and 4 cherries, along with 7 xenobrews each with a salted licourice, the last 3 of them served in very tall glasses with the words "Xenobrew Inc." and one of those brightly coloured twisty straws just for fun
Old January 3, 2003, 05:14   #368
Kassiopeia
Emperor

I'm the assistant bartender, fungusbrain

/me repeats TKG's order to the recently acquired Morgan Drink-o-Matic, which produces a glass of murky green liquid that smells funny and seven Xenobrews *
Old January 3, 2003, 13:10   #369
Method
ACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 SpartansAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNs
Emperor

Drink-o-matic? then what do we need a bartender for?

great job on the newzupdate tacticus
Old January 3, 2003, 15:07   #370
Lemmy
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG3 Spartans
King

were it not that Hercules is DPO, and not DBTS.
<Kassiopeia> you don't keep the virgins in your lair at a sodomising distance from your beasts or male prisoners. If you devirginised them yourself, though, that's another story. If they devirginised each other, then, I hope you had that webcam running.
Play Bumps! No, wait, play Slings!
Old January 3, 2003, 20:08   #371
GeneralTacticus
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMPtWDG RoleplayNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 22:33
Okay, one mistake isn't that bad (is it?) Ill PM Markos and tell him.

btw, does anyone have any compaints about my topping the region threads as well? It will make it much easier to find them, even if they haven't had many posts recently.
Old January 3, 2003, 20:36   #372
Method
Emperor

/me coughs
directory
/me coughs
Old January 3, 2003, 20:49   #373
GeneralTacticus
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMPtWDG RoleplayNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 22:33
It's easier if you don't have to go to the directory, newbies won't know what it is, and some people just don't use it.
Old January 3, 2003, 22:05   #374
Kassiopeia
Emperor

Directory? What is this Directory you speak of?

Old January 4, 2003, 05:44   #375
Lemmy
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG3 Spartans
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Kassiopeia
Directory? What is this Directory you speak of?

The Directory is supposed to be some mythical place where all the usefull ACDG link are ordered so that anyone can find what he's looking for! Yeah...right, like something that wonderfull could ever exist.
<Kassiopeia> you don't keep the virgins in your lair at a sodomising distance from your beasts or male prisoners. If you devirginised them yourself, though, that's another story. If they devirginised each other, then, I hope you had that webcam running.
Play Bumps! No, wait, play Slings!
Old January 4, 2003, 06:57   #376
Kassiopeia
Emperor

Yeah, definitely like too good to be true...
Old January 4, 2003, 07:37   #377
Pandemoniak
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
King

Location: of Xanadu, Scottish Section of the Apolyton Must Crush Capitalism Party
I heard the Directory is about five miles northern of Shangri-La...
Old January 4, 2003, 08:06   #378
Kassiopeia
Emperor

You mean next to Xanadu? (We have a base called that, right? )
Old January 4, 2003, 08:31   #379
Pandemoniak
King

Location: of Xanadu, Scottish Section of the Apolyton Must Crush Capitalism Party
No, I dont think we have any base called Xanadu, thought I'd love it. But Shangri-La is a mythical town of ruins whom no one knows the location of....
Old January 4, 2003, 09:07   #380
Kirov
Prince

Hi again to everyone, and happy New Year of course. Bartender! Do you have something to cure a hangover?
Old January 4, 2003, 09:45   #381
Pandemoniak
King

Another hangover, maybe...
Old January 4, 2003, 15:42   #382
Method
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Lemmy
Yeah...right, like something that wonderfull could ever exist.
lots of directory-bashing i hear....i'll stop doing it if nobody uses it
Old January 5, 2003, 10:41   #383
Drogue
staff
Alpha Centauri PBEMNationStatesACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 SpartansACDG3 MorganACDG3 Data AngelsPolyCast TeamC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNsACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Apolyton Knight (Off-Topic Co-Moderator)

I use it. I think it makes searching for things in turnchats much easier, since it is ordered out by department rather than by date of last message. I use it quite a bit actually, when I need to find polls, or a discussion forum for a particular directorship, etc. I think TKG deserves much congratulations for doing it so well

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker
Old January 5, 2003, 19:55   #384
Mr. President
MacSpanish CiversNationStatesNever Ending StoriesCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG Planet University of Technology
Emperor

Local Time: 21:33
Quote:
Originally posted by Kassiopeia

Where is DBTS!
Maybe he was in the mall and ran into a girl he hadn't seen since junior high school when she had a crush on him, and they tried to pick up where they left off by hiding their mutual attraction under a veil of low-key hostility, only to find their actions being dictated by forces more powerful than the will of mortal men, and he ended up visiting for dinner. And breakfast.

Not that I would know about things like that.
Old January 5, 2003, 20:45   #385
Hercules
Deity

I use the directory. I thought the last update was very useful. So keep up the good work. I was also pleased to note our acdg game updates are posted in the main apolyton news. Saw myself listed as DPO on the front page, along with the others of course.

Re DBTS I hope he hasn't gone, because he made a valuable contribution to the game. Maybe he was really bored after all and wanted a war.
Old January 5, 2003, 21:21   #386
Hercules
Deity

My next triumph was getting on to the turnchat albeit after it was almost all over. Guidance on using efnet or any other irc was buried in an archive thread.

For new directors like me it may be useful to have the turnchat access guidance notes in TKG's directory.

It may be useful to explain in a little detail some of the mysteries of the turn chat, So I am going to suggest opening a thread on how it works in practice, rather than it be buried in here, though it would benefit the xenobrewery conglomeration.

For instance does the commish have two PC running simultaneously, or have two or more windows open. Do experienced directors keep say the directory thread open or the last orders thread as well as the efnet chat screen.

New thread on turnchat mechanics being opened
Old January 5, 2003, 22:22   #387
Hercules
Deity

On a ligher note, good to see contact made with Deirdre at long last and perhaps more especially her handmaidens.
Old January 8, 2003, 13:36   #388
Kassiopeia
Emperor

I was so anxious I doubleposted
Old January 8, 2003, 13:36   #389
Kassiopeia
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr. President

Maybe he was in the mall and ran into a girl he hadn't seen since junior high school when she had a crush on him, and they tried to pick up where they left off by hiding their mutual attraction under a veil of low-key hostility, only to find their actions being dictated by forces more powerful than the will of mortal men, and he ended up visiting for dinner. And breakfast.

Not that I would know about things like that.
DBTS already has a girlfriend, he has made it very clear how fine they are doing , that wouldn't happen...

Wait a minute...

Elaborate! Now!
Old January 10, 2003, 20:56   #390
Mr. President
MacSpanish CiversNationStatesNever Ending StoriesCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG Planet University of Technology
Emperor

Local Time: 21:33
Well, if, and this is a pretty big if, I told you that her natural hair color is brownish-blonde and she likes soccer as much as I do, I'd have to kill you.

Hm.

Say, can I have your home address? I need to send you . . . er . . . something.