Old November 25, 2002, 10:33   #1
MarkG
Apolytoners Hall of FameApolyCon 06 Participants
Apolyton CS Co-Founder

Local Time: 13:34
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Short descriptions needed
we have a description field for each civgroup that we havent used yet.

if a team wants it, a 100-150 characters description could show up in the civgroups page

team leaders post here if interested.
Old November 25, 2002, 10:43   #2
Donegeal
PtWDG Glory of WarC4DG VoxApolyCon 06 ParticipantsC4BtSDG TemplarsSpore
Emperor

Local Time: 11:34
Yes, I am interested. Give me a day or so to discuss the description with my team.
Old November 25, 2002, 19:00   #3
Zero
PtWDG Glory of WarInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG3 SpartansPtWDG2 Monkey
King

Local Time: 06:34
We are also trying to find a veteran writer within our team to write up something.
Old November 25, 2002, 20:53   #4
Togas
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 SunshineC3CDG The Lost BoysC4DG The Mercenary TeamPtWDG RoleplayC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 03:34
Members of our team all get to actively take part in history as opposed to just playing a strategy computer game. We're the only civ team that's dedicated to actually playing out our history from the stoneage to the modern age. We are modeling our society and government in the most historical fashion possible, acting out key roles within it while still maintaining enough game "Out of Character" elements to make this team playable and fun for everyone.
Heir to the lost throne of Spain of the Roleplay Team in the PTW Democracy Multiplayer Team Game.
Old November 25, 2002, 20:58   #5
MarkG
Apolyton CS Co-Founder

that's 455 characters(3 times more than what i asked)
Old November 25, 2002, 21:27   #6
Apocalypse
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMMacInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II MultiplayerCivilization IV: MultiplayerCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Maybe LI's can be "The fate of destruction is also the joy of rebirth." That pretty much sums it up.
"In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd
Old November 25, 2002, 21:32   #7
MarkG
Apolyton CS Co-Founder

followed with "if you know what the hell this means, you're the kind of people we want in our team"
Old November 25, 2002, 22:01   #8
Jon Shafer
PtWDG RoleplayPtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG Neu DemogypticaInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG LegolandPtWDG Vox ControliPtWDG Glory of WarPtWDG2 SunshineApolyton UniversityC3CDG Desolation RowApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV CreatorsC4DG SarantiumApolyCon 06 ParticipantsPtWDG Lux Invicta
Firaxis Games Programmer/Designer

Local Time: 07:34

Beautiful!
Old November 26, 2002, 16:47   #9
notyoueither
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Local Time: 05:34
We gather to learn and to explore, to expand and to build, to create friendships and demolish enemies. We are Gathering Storm.

with all credit due to nbarclay.
Old November 26, 2002, 16:50   #10
flash9286
Rise of Nations Multiplayer
King

you have no friends though
Old November 26, 2002, 17:00   #11
notyoueither
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

We shall see...
Old November 26, 2002, 17:31   #12
Meshelic
PtWDG Gathering StormCivilization III Democracy GameNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 03:34
Be careful not to burn the bridge flash. You never know, we might start next to you and either be a great ally or be your worst civ nightmare.

up to you.

or
Old November 26, 2002, 17:39   #13
Jon Shafer
PtWDG RoleplayPtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG Neu DemogypticaInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG LegolandPtWDG Vox ControliPtWDG Glory of WarPtWDG2 SunshineApolyton UniversityC3CDG Desolation RowApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV CreatorsC4DG SarantiumApolyCon 06 ParticipantsPtWDG Lux Invicta

Or even .

Err... something like that.

Old November 26, 2002, 17:52   #14
pikesfan
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by MarkG
followed with "if you know what the hell this means, you're the kind of people we want in our team"
Does it have something to do with the fact that Apocalypse’s avatar has no mouth?
Old November 26, 2002, 19:48   #15
ixnay
Civilization II Democracy GamePtWDG Lux InvictaPtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 Cake or Death?C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV CreatorsAge of Nations Team
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by pikesfan

Does it have something to do with the fact that Apocalypse’s avatar has no mouth?

What are you talking about?
Old November 26, 2002, 20:29   #16
Theseus
PtWDG Gathering StormApolyton UniversityApolytoners Hall of FameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG Gathering StormApolyCon 06 Participants
Emperor

Location: The warmonger formerly known as rpodos. Gathering Storm!
Trip, is that what I think it is?

(on several levels)
The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.
Old November 26, 2002, 20:34   #17
Jon Shafer

On every level you're thinking of and oh, so much more.
Old November 26, 2002, 22:22   #18
pikesfan
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Prince

Quote:
What are you talking about?
Well, look at the avatar. It has an eye looking upwards, a lot of hair (presumably covering the other eye), an enormous chin, but no mouth (and no nostrils either). Truly an off-beat and eerie avatar, which must have meaning and significance to those who know animé, but since I don’t know animé, I can’t understand the significance. It’s even a little frightening. How can you draw a character with no mouth and no nostrils?

So I thought Apocalypse’s sentence was much the same thing: something significant for those who are in the know, but puzzling to those who are out of the loop.

Last edited by pikesfan; November 26, 2002 at 23:03.
Old November 26, 2002, 23:57   #19
Apocalypse
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMMacInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II MultiplayerCivilization IV: MultiplayerCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

My avatar isn't the best of quality. Here is a larger picture from that scene:

An explantion of the scene (spoiler).

This was part of the last scene from the movie End of Evangelion. Shinji is the guy and Asuka is my avatar. Shinji awakes up on a desolate beach. Asuka lies motionless next to him. Shinji, at the culmination of his love, hate, stress, frustration, etc. - begins to strangle her, only to stop when he feels the caress of her hand across his face. He breaks down, sobbing on top of her. There is a very legitiment reason for this. Shinji renounced the world where all hearts had melted into one and accepted each other unconditionally. His desire... to live with 'others' -- other hearts that would sometimes reject him, even deny him. That is why the first thing he did after coming to his senses was to place his hands around Asuka's neck. To feel the existence of an 'other'. To confirm rejection and denial. That isn't what he got though, which helps make this scene such a great ending. There is a lot more to this, but I could go on for hours explaining it. I won't. That is the simplist explanation.
"In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd
Old November 27, 2002, 00:12   #20
pikesfan
Prince

I don’t know anything about animé, in fact the only thing I have seen in animé is the book Learn Japanese Through Animé so I will take your word for it that it is a touching and significant scene.

At least I can make out the mouth and nostrils now
Old November 27, 2002, 00:29   #21
Jon Shafer

And people still say they're brown...

I wonder what Markos is gonna think next time he wanders through this thread...
Old November 27, 2002, 00:46   #22
Apocalypse
Emperor

Well, I'm not really into anime. I just like this series. All my other top ten favorite movies are live action.

I don't know what Markos will think. I can't understand the mind of someone who runs a top-40 site.
Old November 27, 2002, 04:15   #23
alva
Civilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Cake or Death?PtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Well, looking at his expression, she deffinately has a mouth
Old November 27, 2002, 14:42   #24
Beta
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 MonkeyC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversCivilization IV PBEMCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamBtS Tri-LeaguePolyCast TeamDiploGamesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG TemplarsC3CDG Team Babylon
Deity

Ahem - to redeem myself with Marcos for my earlier indiscretions, I will return this thread to its righful topic - short descriptions.

It is with one voice we offer the bio on Vox Controli.

"V". One Voice. To Victory. The collective will and inspiration of the people are focused through one voice, the controller. Vox Controli.

(silence .... and then quiet chanting, getting louder and louder, building to a crashing cescendo - One Voice! To Victory!)
Old November 28, 2002, 13:29   #25
Zero
PtWDG Glory of WarInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG3 SpartansPtWDG2 Monkey
King

Also, Apoc, He chokes Asuka twice. Once in reality and other time in his mind talking to asuka, which is "part of him as much as he is part of her"

To markos - Can we like add in some subliminal message?
Old November 28, 2002, 13:43   #26
Apocalypse
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Calc II
Also, Apoc, He chokes Asuka twice. Once in reality and other time in his mind talking to asuka, which is "part of him as much as he is part of her"
Two different chokes, two different meanings.

I had coffee Tuesday morning because I needed to wake up, I had coffee this morning because I needed to warm up.

You realize the coffee pot broke in two different instances, don't you? It broke for two different reasons too.
Old November 29, 2002, 17:37   #27
Thrumble
PtWDG RoleplayCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEM
Prince

Local Time: 11:34
All I can tell from Apocalypse's big pic is some guy is bent down with his face in some other guys unmentionables.
Old November 29, 2002, 19:05   #28
Apocalypse
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Thrumble
All I can tell from Apocalypse's big pic is some guy is bent down with his face in some other guys unmentionables.
The one on the bottom is not a guy.
Old November 29, 2002, 21:09   #29
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Thrumble
ROFLMAO
Old November 29, 2002, 21:48   #30
Apocalypse
Emperor

Damn it.

Maybe I should post some proof that its a girl. Or maybe just link to it as that apparently isn't a bannable offense.