Old November 25, 2002, 12:39   #1
SMIFFGIG
Call to Power II Democracy GameCall to Power II MultiplayerCTP2 Source Code Project
Prince

Local Time: 12:35
Local Date: November 1, 2010
The Scenarios in PTW are Shi!t
I have recently obtained a copy of civ3 PTW, and tryed some scenarios and there absolutly 100% awful

ok about 97% cause theres a couple of good world maps and (not actually a scenario) but some of the terrain mods (s00pys) etc.

i mean there is one called beach and its just a line of desert tiles, and another bulls eye i think (2 versions) which are just rings and others which are just tottaly crap and probably took around 20mins at most to make.
I seriously mean no offence to the creators of these scenarios, but they shouldnt be on a bloody retail game, there just very crap.
Its as if ive gone on a sprawl downloading every internet scenario there is (no matter how crap or incomplete) and just clogged up my hard drive with the sh!ite, im seriously thinking of actually deleting some of them there that bad.

This is meant to be a pure flame post (well not purely) but does anyone else agree with me (honest opinons here) maybe i should have setup a poll. They are truly the worst scenarios I have ever seen and played. The Civ2 ones that came with fantastic worlds etc, where mainly very good and they where mainly fan made too. I feel maybe the reason for this is that modding and editing ability for Civ2 was so much better and possibly the enthusiasm in mod makers and general fans was much higher than in Civ3.

anyway thanks for reading (if you did)

-James

EDIT: I could give way more examples of the crap scenarios (as i said around 97% of them) but i dont feel the need
http://www.tiberiumsun.com
Old November 25, 2002, 13:06   #2
vondrack
lifer
InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMCivilization IV PBEMPtWDG Legoland
Emperor

Re: The Scenarios in PTW are Shi!t
Quote:
Originally posted by SMIFFGIG
EDIT: I could give way more examples of the crap scenarios (as i said around 97% of them) but i dont feel the need
What about doing it the other way. Which ones do you consider good? I am not into scenarios myself, I always stick to random maps and vanilla rules, but if someone as pissed off as you recommends any one of the PtW included scenarios, I might give it a try.

So...
Old November 25, 2002, 14:27   #3
Backpack
BtS Tri-League
Prince

Local Time: 05:35
I agree in spirit (but not quite the language) that several of the extras included with PTW are simplistic.

If you want a full fledged different experience, try TETurkens Mod, the rules only mod, not the map or the cities. You will need to download the latest version as the one on the CD doesn't have everything, and it's been updated since. It's a 50 Meg DL, so I hope you aren't on dial up.

Enjoy

KP
Old November 25, 2002, 14:35   #4
SMIFFGIG
Call to Power II Democracy GameCall to Power II MultiplayerCTP2 Source Code Project
Prince

Arent you the slightest bit dissapointed with this PTW feature. I mean what is there, Scenarios are crap, Mplay is crap (as in rarely works and is laggy as hell) and there is like some new civs wow, not anything good
Old November 25, 2002, 15:08   #5
vondrack
lifer
InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMCivilization IV PBEMPtWDG Legoland
Emperor

Quote:
Arent you the slightest bit dissapointed with this PTW feature. I mean what is there, Scenarios are crap, Mplay is crap (as in rarely works and is laggy as hell) and there is like some new civs wow, not anything good
Well, I do not mean to start an argument here, but for me, the single most important thing is the user interface, which is much better than it used to be. The improvements in the Foreign Advisor screen (active trades) alone would be worth getting PtW for me. And the AI performs way better as far as the economy (production/money) is concerned. Dunno why, but I am quite sure it does. Must be those "small tweaks", as Soren likes to call them.

Now, what about the scenarios? Are there any worth giving a shot IY(H?)O?

@kwp: thanks for the tip. Fortunately, I am on a cable...
Old November 25, 2002, 15:36   #6
SMIFFGIG
Prince

Ok here is a selection of Scenarios that i have just randomly picked out the list (except the beach one)

Oh and they all have standard rules (90% of the scenarios do)

Its a bloody discrace
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	civ3ptw scens.jpg
Views:	239
Size:	105.9 KB
ID:	30083  
Old November 25, 2002, 15:50   #7
SMIFFGIG
Prince

PTW is total crap, take my word for it
and an example of what the game spelling is like

This is hilarious, i mean I remeber in the screenshots before the release there was a load of spelling errors on the screenshots. looks like there still there

Oh and this is actually the only one that says Antartica in the description, the others say stupidly Antartida

Tell me again, was PTW someones school project or something, to gather the most amount of Civ3 shi!t off the net and make an addon out of it (not saying this maps sh!t btw, havent tried it, so as not to insult the author)
Attached Images:

Old November 25, 2002, 16:23   #8
Ming
lifer
Civilization II MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerPolyCast TeamCivilization IV: MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of Fame
Retired

Local Time: 06:35
Re: The Scenarios in PTW are Shi!t
Quote:
This is meant to be a pure flame post
That would explain your ranting and raving...

If you want to discuss things in a civil way, fine.. but if you want to just foam at the mouth, do it somewhere else.

And next time you use childish tricks to get around the censor... you are toast. The owners have the auto censor on for a reason. If you don't want to respect their wishes... find someplace else.