Old November 25, 2002, 22:14   #1
Drogue
staff
Alpha Centauri PBEMNationStatesACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 SpartansACDG3 MorganACDG3 Data AngelsPolyCast TeamC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNsACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Apolyton Knight (Off-Topic Co-Moderator)

Local Time: 11:36
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Regions
Am I the only person who feels like this is a little rushed. People are now naming regions, and Joeno's added nominations for Governorships, yet to my knowledge there's never been a poll on what the regions are. While polls are not necessary for absolutely everything, I feel this is a relativly important decision, and as has been mentioned before, only relying on discussion threads leaves out the less vocal citizens. Shouldn't somebody (Joeno, DBTS or TKG, as the only person standing for DoIA) start a poll to see if those regions are accepted? Personally I would like to see more regions, because I think there should be more than 4 regions (6 or 8 maybe) I would also think of giving New Apolyton it's own Governor, seeing as it's the Capital, and that seemed to be the norm on Old Earth (London, Washington D.C. etc.)

I think it's safer to wait until we have a DoIA and get them to organise regions, as has been discussed in various Governor Amendment threads, or to poll to see if they are accepted.

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker
Old November 26, 2002, 07:48   #2
Joeno
Alpha Centauri Democracy Game
Chieftain

Local Time: 12:36
From the already accepted constitution amendement:

Quote:
Director of Interal Affaires:
has the right of:
*mapping out regions in our faction
The current regions have been approved, as far as I can see, by the upcoming candidate for DIA. Now, whether that is acceptable is a different matter, but we need the Governors, so can't really miss the election.
Old November 26, 2002, 09:01   #3
Darkness' Edge
Civilization II Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCall to Power II Democracy GameCivilization III Democracy GameTrade Wars / BlackNova Traders
Prince

Local Time: 22:36
[edited after checking facts]

I'm pretty unhappy about the speed of the whole process. Prepare to see some amendments about this in the near future.

Last edited by Darkness' Edge; November 26, 2002 at 09:10.
Old November 26, 2002, 09:07   #4
DeathByTheSword
ACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 Spartans
King

abstain on governer elections i understand but why DIA he can be elected or else we cant get regions and governer anyways!
'Space05us is just a stupid nice guy' - Space05us
Old November 26, 2002, 09:16   #5
Hercules
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 SpartansACDG3 GaiansC4DG VoxC4WDG éirich tuireannC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansBtS Tri-LeagueC4BtSDG TemplarsACDG PeaceACDG3 Data Angels
Deity

Yes I was about to comment but you've beaten me to it. Not only is the governor poll a bit hasty but it is also unconstitutional on a couple od counts. But in light of DE and DBTS comments it won't be necessary to take it further.
Old November 26, 2002, 15:05   #6
Maniac
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyPolyCast TeamACDG3 Spartans

Local Time: 13:36
Re: Regions
Quote:
Originally posted by Drogue
Personally I would like to see more regions, because I think there should be more than 4 regions (6 or 8 maybe)
Me too, but we haven't got the candidates...
Old November 26, 2002, 16:09   #7
Drogue
staff
Alpha Centauri PBEMNationStatesACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 SpartansACDG3 MorganACDG3 Data AngelsPolyCast TeamC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNsACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness

Well, we had a thread up for 2 or 3 days. I'd be more than willing to, I didn't because looking at the competition I didn't think I'd get elected, and because I'm trying to fight one campaign at the moment. If the elections were postponed until it was sorted out I'm sure the'd be more takers. There are some newish citizens not running for a Directorship but who may want to get involved. Then there's also if some people are not elected, they may still want a position.

Quote:
Originally posted by Joeno
The current regions have been approved, as far as I can see, by the upcoming candidate for DIA. Now, whether that is acceptable is a different matter, but we need the Governors, so can't really miss the election.
That is true, but he is only the upcoming candidate, he isn't actually DoIA yet. Personally I think it's not possible to elect DoIA and Governors at the same time, we can't then offically change the regions at the start of a term, if needs be, because the Governors are already elected! If it's the will of the people then I'll accept it, but to me it just seems like madness when you could postpone Governor elections for a week to give the DoIA time to set stuuf up for the coming Governor term. When we have Justice elections next term aswell it'll just be way to many elections at the same time. We'll have to go to page 2 to see any non-topped threads!

Last edited by Drogue; November 26, 2002 at 16:18.
Old November 26, 2002, 18:20   #8
Method
ACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 SpartansAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNs
Emperor

Local Time: 08:36
i'm going to poll the regions and region names after elections. right now, i'm still director of research
Old November 26, 2002, 18:34   #9
Drogue
staff

That's OK then

What happens if we want to change the regions though but we already have elected Governors for the existing ones? And did we decide if we elect Governors for each province (as we are now) or all at once and then assign them regions after based on preference and number of votes?

Old November 30, 2002, 15:26   #10
Method
ACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 SpartansAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNs
Emperor

Quote:
What happens if we want to change the regions though but we already have elected Governors for the existing ones?
/me shrugs
hold another election?

if i do a 2 day poll about number of regions, a 2 day poll about the regions themselves, and then (if necessary) a 3 day election on these new regions, we can have the new governors in place for next week. in the meantime, the current governors can do their job for next saturday's play session.

i don't know how constitutional that is, but if lemmy did it, we could classify it as "acting as he sees fit in an emergency"
Old November 30, 2002, 15:45   #11
Drogue
staff

Personally I think that's fine, although I'd do a 3 day poll about regions (both number and make up, give us a few options) and then a 3 day election poll.

What happens next term elections though? Do we elect Governors along with the DIA or do them at different times?

Old November 30, 2002, 15:56   #12
Method
Emperor

Quote:
Personally I think that's fine, although I'd do a 3 day poll about regions (both number and make up, give us a few options) and then a 3 day election poll.
yes, i've reconsidered my earlier proposal, and drew up some pictures on PSP.

Quote:
What happens next term elections though? Do we elect Governors along with the DIA or do them at different times?
i'll let someone else answer this. i've had enough thinking for now
Old November 30, 2002, 16:09   #13
Maniac
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyPolyCast TeamACDG3 Spartans

Local Time: 13:36
In the meantime, can I give orders for the four Jedinica bases for the possible turnchat of tomorrow?
Old November 30, 2002, 16:45   #14
Method
Emperor

yes
Old November 30, 2002, 18:28   #15
GeneralTacticus
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMPtWDG RoleplayNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 22:36
I presume I can do the same for the 'Midlands' region?
Old November 30, 2002, 21:27   #16
Method
Emperor

but of course. the new regions won't take effect until next week (if new regions are created)
Old December 1, 2002, 11:56   #17
DeathByTheSword
ACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 Spartans
King

ok great but TKG which formers and crawlers are for which region?
'Space05us is just a stupid nice guy' - Space05us
Old December 1, 2002, 14:53   #18
Method
Emperor

a difficult question. i'll have to poll it. in the meantime, just use the ones near your bases.
Old December 1, 2002, 17:16   #19
Hercules
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 SpartansACDG3 GaiansC4DG VoxC4WDG éirich tuireannC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansBtS Tri-LeagueC4BtSDG TemplarsACDG PeaceACDG3 Data Angels
Deity

Looks messy. Claiming emergency won't do. There is no emergency. Take your time.
Old December 1, 2002, 17:17   #20
Hercules
Deity

In my view units belong to thier place of origin until rehomed
Old December 1, 2002, 18:03   #21
Drogue
staff

I agree, units belong to home base.

Old December 2, 2002, 02:16   #22
Jhanactus
Alpha Centauri Democracy Game
Settler

Units should indeed belong to their home base, but mineral-poor governers should be able to request formers from other regions.
Old December 3, 2002, 15:32   #23
Micha
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG3 MorganACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG PeaceACDG Planet University of TechnologyCivilization III Democracy GameC3CDG Team BabylonC4DG Team Banana
King

That´s right, though the governors are not fighting against each other, so there´s no need for childish "it´s mine" discussions. Especially the first cities have more formers and less work for them than the latest outposts of the empire. Share what you´ve got, and you all will approach good times...