Old November 26, 2002, 15:17   #1
oloruin
Settler

Local Time: 11:38
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Barbarian Activity Level
Hi.

Reading through the forums, I followed some links and stumbled upon something that says "barbarian wrath" level is available, but only with hex editing. Not so.

I was tweaking some of the game to play a bit differently and changing some of the flavor around. I replaced the Russian entries with Israeli entries, and tweaked the terrain. I made forests transform to jungle, grassland mine to plains (2 turns), and plains mine to forrest a bit quicker. Seems to me that there should be required an intermediate step in between the conversion of grassland to/from forrest. Going from food-heavy to shield-heavy in one step doesn't seem right.

Ok, enough of that. So while poking around in the game files, I noticed one of them had the lists of barbarian activity. I added a new line at the bottom, Barbarian Wrath. It was selectable on the next start.

Heh. This is nothing pretty. If it happens in your territory, it is a major problem, but if it happens in an enemy territory, it's almost enough to make you feel sorry for the AI.

You want to edit the game.foo file, depending on which language you use (.txt, .fre, .ger) and add a line in the "@BARBARITY" list. I don't thing the name matters, but I used Barbarian Wrath, because that's what the person called it (sorry, forgot who) when I stumbled across it. Now, this is with Civ 2.42 stock (except those rule/flavor tweaks). I'm not sure if it works correctly, but when an uprising *does* happen... OMG!

The image is, I believe, a single uprising with a few stragglers from a previous uprising... (them archers are *way* passe)
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	wrath.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	46.3 KB
ID:	30154  
Old November 26, 2002, 15:28   #2
samson
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Prince

Local Time: 11:38
Quote:
You want to edit the game.foo file, depending on which language you use (.txt, .fre, .ger) and add a line in the "@BARBARITY" list. I don't thing the name matters, but I used Barbarian Wrath, because that's what the person called it (sorry, forgot who) when I stumbled across it. Now, this is with Civ 2.42 stock
Yes, that is how you get Barbarian Wrath.

You can also create 5 additional Difficulty Levels beyond Deity by editing @DIFFICULTY in the same file. Deity+5 is fun.
Old November 26, 2002, 19:00   #3
Elephant
Prince

Local Time: 06:38
Masochist...
Old November 27, 2002, 03:03   #4
Ming
lifer
Civilization II MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerPolyCast TeamCivilization IV: MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of Fame
Retired

Local Time: 06:38
If you want to make the game harder... Play against other humans and not the computer

Last edited by Ming; November 27, 2002 at 15:03.
Old November 27, 2002, 05:24   #5
Messer Niccolò
Prince

Local Time: 12:38
Quote:
Originally posted by samson

Deity+5 is fun.

But again Deity+5