Old November 26, 2002, 17:59   #1
UnOrthOdOx
PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG Glory of WarApolyton Storywriters' GuildIron CiversApolytoners Hall of FameC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GamePolyCast TeamC4DG The Mercenary TeamC4WDG The Goonies
Emperor

Local Time: 05:38
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Faq Compilation.
I know this has been talked on before, but it has not been done yet.
/me eyes a few individuals...

What all do we need?

Link to NewCon.
brief synopsis of the senate?
Current Administration (only thing needing update in the FAQ, hopefully)
Link to CivGroups for joining.

Link to and description of the following:

DIA
Hawks
War Academy
Machiavelli Institute
Adam Smith Foundation
City Council
Thinkers Guild
Jungle Gazette subscription page
Latest Gazette

What else?
And who would like to take one of those topics?

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old November 26, 2002, 21:25   #2
Arnelos
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG SarantiumCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 06:38
Re: Faq Compilation.
Quote:
Originally posted by UnOrthOdOx
* UnOrthOdOx eyes a few individuals...
* Knows he's being eyed

My apologies for not being as active on this as I had intended to be. I won't offer any lame excuses for forgetting about it... It needs to be done and I'd be willing to contribute, especially to sections regarding the parties and other such stuff. If we can get together a group of people willing to work on it, we can delegate the work between us.

Unortho, I assume that YOU are interested in being one of those people as well, right?
Old November 27, 2002, 09:50   #3
UnOrthOdOx
PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG Glory of WarApolyton Storywriters' GuildIron CiversApolytoners Hall of FameC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GamePolyCast TeamC4DG The Mercenary TeamC4WDG The Goonies
Emperor

I figure I can count on you and ada to take a few of those sections, I can take some, if someone else doesn't step up, we will just split it up between us.

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old November 27, 2002, 10:57   #4
adaMada
Civilization III Democracy GameTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersPtWDG RoleplayRise of Nations MultiplayerInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Yep, I'll take up at least a few .

Why don't we actually insert the NewCon at the end of the FAQ? It's one less topped thread, a very logical place to have it. Of course, if any future presidents actually had a problem with that, they could post another copy elsewhere -- but it seems like the logical place to have it, and I doubt anyone'd complain.

I'll start thinking about how we could organize the information, and perhaps even drafting a section or two today.

-- adaMada
Old November 27, 2002, 11:22   #5
UnOrthOdOx
Emperor

ada, If we do that, think you could make those nifty hyper-links in a table of contents section at the beginning?

We would have sections:

Perhaps a quick rundown of the government with links to each section of the NewCon. This would be easy to explain the Senate along with a link to the specific job of the senate.

Other sections would include Political parties, citizen groups, and news services (include both gazette and front page news)

So recapping: First post would be table of contents. Links to Government section, political parties, citizen groups, and news services.

Next post would be on government with BRIEF description of each job as well as linking to each section of the NewCon for further details.

Then the political parties each giving their statement with links to the join threads.

Citizen groups summarized with links to their join threads.

the news services with links to Gazette subscription, and front page for news.

Finally the NewCon in all its glory.

Ok ada, will you do the table of contents section? just post to get us started?
What about the Govt positions? You helped WRITE the NewCon and would likely be better qualified to give a synopsis of each position

Arnelos, I can think of no one more qualified to do the Political parties section, you up for that? I am sure I can dig up the Hawk statement for you.

Ill do the Citizen groups and the News services.

the NewCon will just be a tedious cut-paste job, but I can do that as well if you guys don't want to.

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old November 27, 2002, 14:20   #6
Spiffor
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG LegolandApolytoners Hall of Fame

Local Time: 13:38
I'd be honored if there was still something worth to be copied / pasted from here
Old November 27, 2002, 20:38   #7
adaMada
Civilization III Democracy GameTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersPtWDG RoleplayRise of Nations MultiplayerInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Quote:
Originally posted by UnOrthOdOx
ada, If we do that, think you could make those nifty hyper-links in a table of contents section at the beginning?
Sure .

Quote:
We would have sections:

Perhaps a quick rundown of the government with links to each section of the NewCon. This would be easy to explain the Senate along with a link to the specific job of the senate.

Other sections would include Political parties, citizen groups, and news services (include both gazette and front page news)

So recapping: First post would be table of contents. Links to Government section, political parties, citizen groups, and news services.

Next post would be on government with BRIEF description of each job as well as linking to each section of the NewCon for further details.

Then the political parties each giving their statement with links to the join threads.

Citizen groups summarized with links to their join threads.

the news services with links to Gazette subscription, and front page for news.

Finally the NewCon in all its glory.

Ok ada, will you do the table of contents section? just post to get us started?
Yep -- I'll get on it .
Quote:
What about the Govt positions? You helped WRITE the NewCon and would likely be better qualified to give a synopsis of each position
I can def. help with that. (We could also probably put that balance of power chart in there if we wanted to, though I think it'd probably take up too much space...)

Quote:
Arnelos, I can think of no one more qualified to do the Political parties section, you up for that? I am sure I can dig up the Hawk statement for you.

Ill do the Citizen groups and the News services.

the NewCon will just be a tedious cut-paste job, but I can do that as well if you guys don't want to.
I can do it, but Togas has basically already done it for us . All we have to do is copy-paste from his individual posts -- nothing that hard .

-- adaMada
Old November 27, 2002, 20:51   #8
adaMada
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Spiffor
I'd be honored if there was still something worth to be copied / pasted from here
Spiff -- that's a very good link, and has been the top line in the Directory since it was created. I can't speak for UnOrthO or Arnelos, but I will def. have it up while I write my parts, as an excellent example. I doubt I'll be able to steal much from there -- my stuff is basically about the NewCon, which is all -- well, new -- but it's a great source, and I've never had a chance to thank you for providing it.

-- adaMada
Old November 27, 2002, 21:13   #9
adaMada
King

Table of Contents
Here's a first draft of a proposed Table of Contents.

Some thoughts:
- Do we want a dictionary/acronym guide of some sort? NewCon, DM, SMC, etc...
- This isn't that pretty right now -- I'll work on that .
- I could have links to each article of the NewCon easily -- I think it'd be useful, but before I do all of that, does anyone else? I could even do all the sections, though the Table of Contents would get long FAST. Perhaps it'd be better to do a Table of Contents post at the start of the NewCon, which listed all the sections?
- Should NewCon be labeled "The Constitution", "The Code of Laws", or something else?

Just a few random thoughts from doing the TOC.

-- adaMada

--------------------------
APOLYTONIA C3DG

FAQ

* Government
- Presidency
- Domestic Minister
- Foreign Affairs Minister
- Supreme Military Commander
* Political Parties
- DIA
- Hawks
* Citizen Groups
- ?
* News Services
- Jungle Gazette
- NewZupdate
* Code of Laws
Old December 4, 2002, 16:56   #10
UnOrthOdOx
Emperor

Looks good.

Citizen groups would be War Academy, Machiavelli Inst, City Council, Area (what was that), and Adam Smith Foundation.

I would jsut call it the Constitution.

Dictionary? Yes, we could copy much of Spiffors Spectacular Lexicon for that, and add in what has changed, remove what we are improving.

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old December 30, 2002, 16:01   #11
Kloreep
C3CDG Team BabylonPtWDG LegolandInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityCivilization IV PBEMC4DG The Mercenary Team
Emperor

*bump*

Someone want to take charge of this while Unortho's away? I can write some stuff if you need more hands - err, keyboards.

The next Newz Update isn't too far away (though with these slow turns, it may still be a while), and it would be great to have a new FAQ for any new members we pull in.
Old December 30, 2002, 16:08   #12
Kuciwalker
Deity

Local Time: 07:38
I'll write something about Aggie's cult, as soon as I remember what the acronyms stand for.
Old December 30, 2002, 18:36   #13
Nolan
Civilization III Democracy Game
Chieftain

Local Time: 11:38
Good on ya skywalker if ya need a hand I'll give it to ya. We'll be coming out with quotes and a Book of the Bananna soon hopefully, it'll be a little while after new years yet for that

Regards
Old December 30, 2002, 18:46   #14
Kuciwalker
Deity

Oh. I didn't know there was anyone else actually doing something. Though I don't know if yelling that people will be condemned to burn before Ming really counts as doing something
Old December 30, 2002, 18:50   #15
adaMada
King

I made up the TOC to get things started, and they never progressed beyond there. I want to do this, though -- I think it'd be nice to have .

If we can find someone to pick up the stuff UnOrthO volunteered to do, and if Arnelos is still willing (which he may not be, considering his presidenc), we can get right back on it.

-- adaMada
Old December 30, 2002, 19:03   #16
Kuciwalker
Deity

Nolan - can I see the current version of whatever you guys are working on? Can I work on it to? I'll put in whatevery exclamation points you need