Old November 27, 2002, 19:04   #61
chequita guevara
ACDG The Human HiveDiplomacyApolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Local Time: 07:40
Local Date: November 1, 2010
I agree with you there.

I'm wondering why the villain isn't crossing over to Angel. Apocalypse is still apocalypse, even if you're a few hundred miles apart. "The First Evil" is striking all over the globe, why not L.A.? Though last week's episode was really cool, with the fire raining down from the skies. That's kinda my vision of the end of days.
Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
Old November 27, 2002, 19:09   #62
Sinapus
Warlord

Local Time: 05:40
Quote:
Originally posted by chegitz guevara
I liked the original movie because of the tongue in cheek nature. Nick Cage the vampire is terribly funny in his death scene.
Um... I think that was Paul Reubens(aka Pee Wee Herman)(?)

(Thank you, IMDB..)
Old November 27, 2002, 19:58   #63
MikeH
staff
Apolytoners Hall of FameBtS Tri-League
OTF Moderator

Local Time: 12:40
Quote:
Giles has his own tv show in Britain. It's so weird to see Giles acting like a stud.
Does he? You sure? First I've heard of it.

We've got both kinds
Old November 27, 2002, 20:04   #64
red_jon
NationStates
King

Local Time: 11:40
I heard it's still waiting to be made, as the director is currently working for Fox.
Old November 27, 2002, 20:05   #65
Dauphin
Civilization IV PBEMPolyCast Team
Deity

He was in "Manchild" with Nigel Havers and two other middle-aged blokes.
Old November 27, 2002, 20:10   #66
chequita guevara
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Sagacious Dolphin
He was in "Manchild" with Nigel Havers and two other middle-aged blokes.
I believe that was it. At least that's what we saw on BBC America.
Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
Old November 27, 2002, 20:11   #67
red_jon
NationStates
King

Local Time: 11:40
He also did Rocky Horror in the theatre.
Old November 27, 2002, 21:15   #68
JohnT
lifer
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

"I liked the original movie because of the tongue in cheek nature. Nick Cage the vampire is terribly funny in his death scene."

The Nick Cage movie you're referring to is Vampire Kiss.
Old November 27, 2002, 23:37   #69
JohnT
lifer
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

I too think that Anya is holding back the group a bit - every time I see her with the others, I kind of wonder "Why is she there? Nobody there officially likes her, so why does she hang out with them? Why do they let her hang out with them?" I do find her funny though, and a quick Anyaism can brighten any atmosphere.

Dawn: OMG, guys! You will never guess what happened at school today!!
Buffy: Did you all dance and sing?
Dawn (looking disappointed and put out): No, (somebody) gave birth to a pterodactyl.
Anya: My God! Did it sing?

Xander seems to be a drag as well, but I'm already sick of Spuffy and I wish that plot line would get dropped for a couple. So the little bad is supposed to be this old vampire, older than the Master. Been there, done that. But then, that's the point: back to the beginning.

Quote:
(Warren)"Of course she won't understand, Sparky. I'm beyond her understanding. She's a girl... she's sugar and spice and everything... useless unless you're baking... I'm more than that. I'm more than flesh..."

(Glory): "more than blood. I'm... you know, I don't think there's a human word fabulous enough for me! Soon my name will be on everyone's lips, assuming they're lips haven't been torn off. But not just yet... but that's alright, though...."

(Adam): "... I can be patient. everything is well within parameters. She's exactly where I want her, and so are you number 17." Adam looks down at a confused, listening Spike. "You're right where you belong..."

(Mayor Wilkins): "So what dija think, you'd get your soul back and everything would be jim Dandy? A soul is slipperier than a greased weasil, why do you think I sold mine? Well, you probably thought you'd be your own man, and I respect that..."

(Drusilla) "But you never will... you'll always be mine..." "you'll always be in the dark with me, singing our little songs, you liked our little songs, don't you? you always liked them, right from the beginning..."
"And that's where we're going"

(the Master): "Back back to the beginning. Not the Bang, not the Word, the true beginning. and the next few months are going to be quite a riot, and I think we're all going to learn something about ourselves in the process. You'll learn you're a pathetic smuck, if it hasn't sunk in already... Look at you, trying to do what's right, just like her. You still don't get it.. it's not about right... it's not about wrong..."

(Buffy):... it's about Power..."
Old November 28, 2002, 03:37   #70
chequita guevara
Emperor

"A soul is slipperier than a greased weasil, why do you think I sold mine?"

God I loved that line.
Old November 28, 2002, 15:56   #71
Starchild
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Location: a raving alcoholic drama queen with a penchant for the biosciences
omg I can't believe I have to wait until January for Series 7 to start here in the UK.

Oh well, more glory quotes!

Minion: "Oh, Most Sweaty-Naughty-Feelings-Causing One!"

Glory: "The Slayer's a robot! Did everybody else know the Slayer was a robot?"
Buffy: "Glory? You're not the brightest god in the heavens, are you?"

Beast: "I just want you to know -- this whole "beat you to death" thing I'm doing is valuable time out of my life that I'm never going to get back."

Dreg: "Most beauteous and supremely magnificent one, this dark spell I hold in my worthless and scabby hand is our gift to you, most tingly and wonderful Glorificus."

Dreg: "Forgive me, shiny special one, I beg of you to rip out my inadequate tongue."
Glory: "Gimmee."

Glory: "Does this pump make my ankle look boney?"
Dreg: "No, no. No, your terrifically smooth one, it is the epitome of ankles. To touch such an ankle would be-- but I'm not touching, I'm backing away. (Glory throws shoe at him, hits him on head) Ow! Thank you."

Glory: "Dreg, is it?"
Dreg: "Yes, Dreg. Your creamy coolness has honored me by speaking my name. Your voice is like a thousand sweet songbirds that--"
Glory: "Yeah, I never tire of hearing that."

Glory: "Nothing worse than a gift that doesn't work. Then I'd have to get all man and kill you. It's this whole big thing."
Exult in your existence, because that very process has blundered unwittingly on its own negation. Only a small, local negation, to be sure: only one species, and only a minority of that species; but there lies hope. [...] Stand tall, Bipedal Ape. The shark may outswim you, the cheetah outrun you, the swift outfly you, the capuchin outclimb you, the elephant outpower you, the redwood outlast you. But you have the biggest gifts of all: the gift of understanding the ruthlessly cruel process that gave us all existence [and the] gift of revulsion against its implications.
-Richard Dawkins