Old November 28, 2002, 00:14   #1
fatjoe79
Settler

Local Time: 11:44
Local Date: November 1, 2010
They're really in trouble now
It looks like MOO3 will be delayed at least another 3 weeks possibly more...which means they are going to miss out on the holiday shopping season. I realize they want the game solid and bug free out of the box, but by missing most if not all of the holiday season, they are going to lose alot of "impulse 'that looks cool, he/she will like that' gift buying" sales....which means MOO3 will sell dismally...and that means no MOM2. I suggest they work around the clock 7 days a week until testing is done if they have any hope in getting it on the shelves before XMAS.
fatjoe79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 28, 2002, 01:35   #2
_-olle-_
Settler

Whatever happens I MUST HAVE MOM2 !
Damn, this revival of MOO3 have just made me long for ressurections of those classics ... I'd love to se a new X-COM ... but none of those lame sequels that came imideately after the first ... and just imagine a MOM2 ... the possibillities with such a game ...
_-olle-_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 28, 2002, 01:38   #3
Lee Johnson
Warlord

Local Time: 06:44
If you're basing this conclusion on the "few more weeks" comment in the Gamespot interview, please keep in mind that we don't know when the interview was actually conducted. If it took place in early November, nothing's changed at all. Even if it was last week, it's not a disaster.
Lee Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 28, 2002, 01:44   #4
Lee Johnson
Warlord

Local Time: 06:44
... and in fact, Constantine posted the following comment to the IG MOO3 board later this evening:

Reference: http://www.ina-community.com/forums/...hreadid=238076

Quote:
The bulk of that interview was actually done a few weeks ago; Gamespot wanted a few corrections and i spoke to Sam at Gamespot today re: where we currently are. It'll be done when it is done.
So relax, OK?
Lee Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 28, 2002, 02:03   #5
Bane99
Settler

Actually he's right:

Quote:
The game's producer reveals to us that Infogrames' space empire game won't make its scheduled release date and has a few more weeks of testing to go.

Earlier today, we spoke with Master of Orion III's producer Constantine Hantzopoulos, who confirmed that the game will not make its previously announced December 4 release date. He explained the decision by saying that there were a few crash bugs remaining in the multiplayer and that "quality is paramount," so the game won't ship until it's done. Find out more in this extensive interview on the final weeks of the project.
Master of Orion slips
Bane99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 28, 2002, 02:04   #6
fatjoe79
Settler

Oh okay, that's good to hear....although it won't make December 4th.....let's hope for december 10th or so..
fatjoe79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 28, 2002, 02:04   #7
wervdon
InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Prince

Local Time: 05:44
Heh well, I read that as "I spoke to Sam at Gamespot today regarding where we currently are." Not, "Gamespot wanted a few corrections and i spoke to Sam at Gamespot today. Re: Where we currently are, It'll be done when it is done."

Either way though, "it'll be done when its done." Which I suspose is better than "It'll be done before its done."

In any case, Im believing gamespot, and assuming EB's new date of the 18th is close to valid, so I went ahead and cancelled my pre-order since Ill be moving post-graduation, which is on the 14th. I just hope it doesnt come out while Im at my mother's house for christmas, "Well, see you mom, Im driving to Nashville to buy moo3, be back in 6 hours."
wervdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 28, 2002, 02:06   #8
Bane99
Settler

Yeah, let's hope. I'm canceling my preorder in the meantime.
Old November 28, 2002, 02:16   #9
wervdon
InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Prince

Local Time: 05:44
Quote:
I just hope it doesnt come out while Im at my mother's house for christmas, "Well, see you mom, Im driving to Nashville to buy moo3, be back in 6 hours."
Heh, nevermind, I just checked the EB store locater, seems they've added an EB to the little mall in Jackson, TN, which is more like 30-40 minutes from my mother's Much better than 2 and a half one way
wervdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 28, 2002, 02:20   #10
Bane99
Settler

Sounds like the 19th is the new date. At least that's what people on the Infogrames forums are saying. EB is listing the 19th as the new date.
Old November 28, 2002, 02:28   #11
vmxa1
PtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Local Time: 07:44
Now that is cutting it close for xmas.
vmxa1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 28, 2002, 03:14   #12
Master-Mike
Warlord

Local Time: 21:44
I said it 3 weeks ago when it when it didnt go GOLD for the 26th release, I think it will slip to a January release. I wish it would come out now but when you look at how things are going and have gone the last few months, I think ill be proven right. But in the end i dont mind waiting as multiplayer will be a big part of my games, me and a mate play games spanning weeks so moo3 is right down our alley. Dont bag them if its not released for christmas there making a great game, have patience.
Master-Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 28, 2002, 04:22   #13
Gooberman32
Warlord

Local Time: 19:44
So does Dec 4 hold or not?
Old November 28, 2002, 07:24   #14
yndy
Settler

Local Time: 13:44
You are killing me.

US release for Dec 19 will mean that no way I will get it from the States before 2003. I was postponing a lot of stuff from November till January so that I have some free time with MOO3. After January I'll have about 10 hours per week if I don't want to fail some major exams. I could have had hundreds of hours of play in November plus the whole holiday but NO, they want to fix the multiplayer, so go ahead fix it and take your time.

I think I'll pay some attention in July 2003.

How do I un-subscribe from this site?
yndy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 28, 2002, 08:55   #15
moomin
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
King

Local Time: 12:44
No doubt IG and QS are about as happay as we are with not meeting their x-mas target. If we think the 19th in the US is it, then it will be quite late for the season (many will already have bought their x-mas presents) and it won't show over here this year at all. Which will hurt sales no end.

I'm really sorry on QSs behalf - to have this much effort and time spent on a game that hits the post-season slump.

Oh well, I'll probably buy it anyway. Seems they are actually working to fix the most horrendous bugs, unlike another IG franchise we all know and hate.
Old November 28, 2002, 09:07   #16
Llama
Chieftain

Quote:
Originally posted by yndy
After January I'll have about 10 hours per week if I don't want to fail some major exams.
10 hours a week? Terrible... How do you survive?
Llama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 28, 2002, 09:21   #17
Gooberman32
Warlord

Hold on a second none of this has been confirmed by the devs anyway so DEC 4 might hold they only had the multiplayer and game save bug to fix i dont think they would lose two weeks from those two bugs
Old November 28, 2002, 09:38   #18
Llama
Chieftain

Quote:
Originally posted by Gooberman32
Hold on a second none of this has been confirmed by the devs anyway so DEC 4 might hold they only had the multiplayer and game save bug to fix i dont think they would lose two weeks from those two bugs
Ahh, I see that you are as naively hopeful as I am.
Llama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 28, 2002, 10:36   #19
Grumbold
Emperor

Local Time: 12:44
Quote:
Originally posted by Gooberman32

The quote from Chantz seemed pretty official to me. Unlike forum posters, 'zines are not generally prone to misquoting people
Old November 28, 2002, 13:01   #20
Trifna
King

I dunno but in the extreme condition they're in, maybe they should think about a wider beta
Well all bugs would be tested

Maybe taking people of confiance such as Ming, Mark... Exactly, what's the use of taking less people in a beta, except less leaking info (thus confiance people needed)?