View Poll Results: Should this bill be ratified?
Yea 16 80.00%
Nay 2 10.00%
Abstain 2 10.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Old November 28, 2002, 00:27   #1
Kloreep
C3CDG Team BabylonPtWDG LegolandInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityCivilization IV PBEMC4DG The Mercenary Team
Emperor

Local Time: 06:44
Local Date: November 1, 2010
SENATE BILL: Directory Officialization
I propose the following bill:

Quote:
The senate hereby orders the creation of a Directory at the beginning of each term, with subsequent updates throughout the term. A the beginning of each term, the Manager of the previous term's directory will appoint a Directory Manager; he may re-appoint himself or appoint someone else, as he sees fit. If the Manager fails to appoint a new Manager within 10 days of the close of elections, any citizen may post a poll nominating himself for Manager; if the majority of voters approve him, he becomes the new Manager.

The Manager will be responsible for creating the Directory thread and maintaining it. The Manager may appoint deputies to maintain any or all parts of the Directory; however, he alone remains responsible to the senate for proper maintenance of the Directory. If a senator feels the Manager is incompetent, he may propose a Resolution to remove the Manager. This poll must obey the Constitution's laws. If 2/3rds or more vote to remove the Manager, the Manager must step down. Any citizen may then post a poll nominating himself for manager; if the majority of voters approve him, he becomes the new Manager, and will create a new Directory thread to be used for the remainder of the term.

In keeping with the senate's responsibility under the Constitution, this directory must index all laws, motions, resolutions and otherwise that are passed, amended, or removed. Any other topics and categories may be indexed in the Directory at the Manager's discretion.
Poll lasts 3 days.
Old November 28, 2002, 00:31   #2
Kloreep
C3CDG Team BabylonPtWDG LegolandInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityCivilization IV PBEMC4DG The Mercenary Team
Emperor

Now that I can be unbiased...

Please vote yea. It takes care of the senate's one responsibility. More importantly, it'll make me happy.

And please vote, so that the quorum is met.
Old November 28, 2002, 00:36   #3
adaMada
Civilization III Democracy GameTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersPtWDG RoleplayRise of Nations MultiplayerInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

This bill has my full support. For too long, the Directory manager has been a volunteer effort, maintained by the good will of few -- if we officalize it, we can have a better directory, better reward those who do manage the directory, and set up a system for ensuring we have a directory at all times.

The Directory isn't an easy job. I did it for one term before bombing out, dispite my best intentions. If we want to see it continue, we must have the fullest support of the public. Let's take the first step in that by passing this bill, and then supporting the new manager by submitting threads and taking an interest in the work. The Directory is one of the most innovative things we have as a group, and I hope to see that continue. This bill ensures it.

Basically, everyone should vote for this bill . It's a good, solid piece of law, and I believe it fills a void in our current system.

-- adaMada
Old November 28, 2002, 01:32   #4
Kloreep
Emperor

If anyone has an objection, could they please post it so it can be debated? It's best if voters see arguments from both sides.
Old November 29, 2002, 12:45   #5
adaMada
Civilization III Democracy GameTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersPtWDG RoleplayRise of Nations MultiplayerInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

* Bump *

Come on, people -- at least VOTE.

-- adaMada
Old November 29, 2002, 21:33   #6
UnOrthOdOx
PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG Glory of WarApolyton Storywriters' GuildIron CiversApolytoners Hall of FameC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GamePolyCast TeamC4DG The Mercenary TeamC4WDG The Goonies
Emperor

Local Time: 05:44
AOL is not letting me vote again, and it will be closed before I get back to work.

Consider this a yea vote.

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old November 29, 2002, 23:55   #7
Kloreep
Emperor

I thought this was ending tonight. I need to learn to count.

Thanks to everyone who voted. We've achieved quorum.

Here's a preview of the Directory layout. It's pretty similiar to Term 4 & 5, but I thought some things should be moved to Informal/Misc, and I reorganized/renamed a little for the NewCon. It can change if people want me to add something.

Quote:
ToC and Links (Arc de Triomphe, FAQ once it's created)
Executive Branch
-Executive Office
-Executive Reports Archive
-Orders Archive
Foreign Relations
-Foreign Ministry
-Foreign Affairs Committee
-Machiavelli Institute
Military
-Supreme Military Commander
-War Academy
Domestic Ministry
-General
-City Planning
--General
--City Council
-Public Works
Economy
-General
-Adam Smith Foundation
Science
Judiciary
Informal/Misc.
-Miscellaneous (Submitions-only Basis)
-Unofficial Reports (Won't include initally; will create if content is available)
-Amendment Discussions
-Jungle Gazette
-$-Mini Game
-Thinkers Guild
Archives
-NewCon
--Senate Bills
--Other Polls
--Amendments
-OldCon
--Polls
--Amendments
-Previous Administrations
--Term 5
--Term 4
--Term 3
--Term 2
--Term 1
As you can see, threads must be submitted for the Miscellaneous section. Might as well start submitting them now.

Last edited by Kloreep; November 30, 2002 at 00:00.
Old November 30, 2002, 01:49   #8
adaMada
King

Yeaa! Ok .

Will start to keep an eye out for misc. section threads .

-- adaMada

EDIT: Oh yea, Kloreep -- doubt you will, but if you have any trouble making new/changing sections, I'd be happy to help you set it up/send you a quick tutorial on doing the in-page linkings (if you don't already know how to do 'em, which you probably do) .

-- adaMada