Old November 28, 2002, 03:21   #1
GreyCat
Settler

Local Time: 06:44
Local Date: November 1, 2010
argh! what's with 1.14f messing up scenarios
argh!!!!

ever since I downloaded PtW 1.14f I can't get the graphics for a scenario to show up

I'd fallen in love with the Double your Pleasure mod (DyP for short) after having tried the pared down version included on the PtW CD

finding the tech tree and units and ideas wonderful, I downloaded their 1.02 version from civ3.bernskov.com, it had the graphics (ie nicely done pics of camels, pigs and other goodies,a more complete civopedia and so forth)

I have what I consider to be a clean copy of the Double Your Pleasure bix file in the DYP folder (by this I mean that by opening *that* file with the editor it shows me that the graphics feature the nifty pearls rather than beadlike things, sleek grey seals rather than chunky walrus like thingies sans ivory tusks... However anytime I transfer it to the scenario folder (whether by renaming it or erasing other file and then replacing)... the bloody program reverts to the pared down old graphics

all I know is that it didn't do this before the I installed patch 1.14f - egads - am I going crazy? will I have to uninstall everything (civ3 + PtW + DyP?) and then reinstall it all again? or have I blundered onto an `unfeature` of 1.14f

Is there anyway to get PtW to allow me to select scenarios from other directories? Anyone have an idea of what is causing this? Better still anyone have an idea of how I can fix this?
Old November 28, 2002, 08:31   #2
Baggio
Chieftain

Local Time: 11:44
I think the Double Your Pleasure mod is not yet compatible with 1.14f....thus you might have these problems.

Its compatible with 1.04 though....

Remember its not a full version of a mod yet...still in BETA with lotsa changes to be made and improved on.
Old November 28, 2002, 08:59   #3
WarpStorm
King

Local Time: 06:44
I think the patch overwrites a few of the scenarios (DYP in particular) to add in some of the stuff that was supposed to be there that Infogrames cut out. The problem is that this is a version from the beginning of October. If you've downloaded a more recent version (and it sounds like you did), reinstall it. It should work, mine does.
Old January 10, 2003, 14:51   #4
Kal-el
Warlord

Local Time: 03:44
Not only that, in all future releases we will be calling the mod 'Double your Pleasure with GFX' to avoid being overwritten by any new patches. make sure you play the 'Double your Pleasure with GFX' scenario and not the regular 'Double your Pleasure' scenario.
Old January 10, 2003, 15:21   #5
piratebrun
Chieftain

Local Time: 11:44
Yeah, load 'Double your Pleasure with GFX'... I had the same problem...
If you load regular 'Double your Pleasure', it is the default scenario that ships with PtW.