Old November 28, 2002, 11:09   #1
Velociryx
staff
PtWDG Gathering StormApolytoners Hall of FameC4DG Gathering StormThe Courts of Candle'Bre

Local Time: 11:45
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Artwork, Screen Layouts, and the like....
First, happy Thanksgiving! And to celebrate, I thought it about time to post something in the way of eye-candy....just to let you guys know that we *are* moving ahead on that front.

This then, is the first little bit of much more to come. Nothing about the design is set in stone at this point....right now, we're just playing with different ideas, but this one seemed pretty popular in-house, so I figured I'd post it here to get impressions and such. (note....just before I posted it, I realized the one button I had forgotten....that being the "end turn" button, which will go on the bottom right of the screen....so just imagine it there for the moment....)

I'm keeping this thread locked so that the graphics and comments don't get mixed together, but by all means, if you love it, hate it, or have a gripe or general comment, feel free to start a thread and say so!

-=Vel=-
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	map border two, expanded, better configuration.jpg
Views:	556
Size:	90.7 KB
ID:	30290  
The list of published books grows. If you're curious to see what sort of stories I weave out, head to Amazon.com and do an author search for "Christopher Hartpence." Help support Candle'Bre, a game created by gamers FOR gamers. All proceeds from my published works go directly to the project.
Old January 26, 2003, 15:53   #2
Velociryx
staff
PtWDG Gathering StormApolytoners Hall of FameC4DG Gathering StormThe Courts of Candle'Bre

As we move closer to the public unveiling, I thought I'd provide a snapshot of how the main map display is evolving. This may not be the form you see it in, when we release the first screenies, but it'll be something along these lines....

-=Vel=-
Attached Thumbnails:

Name:	version3, main map display.jpg
Views:	352
Size:	79.9 KB
ID:	35067  
The list of published books grows. If you're curious to see what sort of stories I weave out, head to Amazon.com and do an author search for "Christopher Hartpence." Help support Candle'Bre, a game created by gamers FOR gamers. All proceeds from my published works go directly to the project.
Old January 30, 2003, 00:17   #3
Velociryx
staff

Here's the first mockup of the "Game Start" screen:
Attached Thumbnails:

Name:	game start mockup copy.jpg
Views:	254
Size:	181.6 KB
ID:	35422  
Old February 1, 2003, 08:00   #4
Velociryx
staff

Game start mockup, revision2

-=Vel=-
Attached Thumbnails:

Name:	game start mockup.jpg
Views:	227
Size:	192.0 KB
ID:	35590  
Old February 1, 2003, 23:35   #5
Velociryx
staff

Here's version four of the game start mockup....closer....

-=Vel=-
Attached Thumbnails:

Name:	game start mockup.jpg
Views:	217
Size:	170.6 KB
ID:	35689  
Old February 2, 2003, 14:52   #6
Velociryx
staff

And, in a fit of creative frenzy, here's mockup one of the research screen....the plan is that as you research techs in each area, they will "light up" like the headers are now. The blue allocation bars will be filled in with whatever % of your budget you are allocating to each of the four areas, and the "thermometer" running along each scroll of the four areas will fill in with a color, marking your progress toward researching the "current tech" of each area.

-=Vel=-
Attached Thumbnails:

Name:	research mockup, version1.jpg
Views:	209
Size:	200.6 KB
ID:	35754  
Old February 2, 2003, 18:03   #7
Velociryx
staff

Revision to the Research screen makes it possible to navigate to any other kingdom management screen from inside that view (ie - without having to close the window and select a new kingdom management view from the main map display)

-=Vel=-
Attached Thumbnails:

Name:	research mockup, version1.jpg
Views:	202
Size:	201.8 KB
ID:	35772  
Old February 2, 2003, 21:51   #8
Velociryx
staff

Here's a variant of the Research screen....the goal being to provide one click information to the player without making anything obtrusive....so this is a conjectural example of what would happen if a player clicked on the "Infrastructure level 2" tech on the scroll in the upper right....it'd bring up a popup box containing the game-relevant information. If further details were required, a link could be provided that took the player into the "Encyclopedia of Candy's Bra" ( ), and there's a handy-dandy means of getting rid of the wireframe if you'd rather not have it mucking up the menu.

-=Vel=-
Attached Thumbnails:

Name:	research mockup, version1, with info pane copy.jpg
Views:	194
Size:	208.2 KB
ID:	35803