Old April 26, 2000, 22:31   #1
pearla
Settler

Local Time: 01:42
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Bloody inflation
It is so ****..........
I was reading about how much it costs u guys for games..... I 'bought' AC from some bloke with Caesar 3 Imperialism 2 CTP and AC for 20 bucks, of course, they were ripped. But if i had of bought them from a shop, I would have ended up spending around $80 Bucks AUS each game.

Surely it cant cost that much for a game to be made overseas and shipped over here...... $80 bucks aus is around 40 US now but used to be 70 US and that was way too much - I mean WHAT BLOODY TAX ADDS AROUND HALF THE PRICE TO THE GAME AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think that the resellers over in the us are re selling in australia round 5 - 6 times..............

We need to set up a comittie to stop this ****.
Old April 27, 2000, 03:01   #2
Adam_Smith
Prince

I heard that a long time ago. That is really unfair to you guys. That is all it is is an excise tax on you.

Well, if it makes you feel any better they are taxing us here for gas, alcohol, cigerettes etc... Still that is outrageous the about of tax you folks pay for just aobut everything.
Old April 28, 2000, 13:52   #3
Frankie
Settler

Local Time: 20:42
Local Date: October 30, 2010
quote:

if it makes you feel any better they are taxing us here for gas

42 cents per gallon is NOTHING. People in the US are total whiners when it comes to tax. In Europe, gasoline is equivalent of $8 per gallon, and income tax is upwards of 50%. Think about that.

To bring this back on topic though -- there are no taxes in SMAC. Also, even if you switch to Democratic politics, you never get thrown out of office by another party. Perhaps there should be an option for bases to splinter off and form entirely new factions if they're dissatisfied with the government.
Old April 29, 2000, 07:23   #4
waynehead
Prince

I completely agree with the last thing you said. We need more civil wars in SMAC2, I guess. Sure, it's a pain in the ass when a third of your cities defect, but that's part of the fun.
Old April 29, 2000, 08:03   #5
Famyn
Chieftain

Uhm... no taxes in SMAC? Where do you think your energy credits come from? You are playing a government, after all...
Old April 29, 2000, 14:21   #6
Bkeela
King

Local Time: 11:42
You are right Pearla. It is all well and fine for people to jump on their high horse's, and condemn people who pirate games and software, but they don't have to fork out the cash that we have to. I don't buy software anymore. Why should I, when I can get it for free of the Internet? Ethics are for people who can afford them.

Bkeela.
Old April 29, 2000, 17:17   #7
Adam_Smith
Prince

This thread was not about play taxes. it was about real taxes.
Old April 29, 2000, 19:04   #8
pearla
Settler

Thankyou for all the replies

umm, about civil wars, I love that idea. Sure, itl piss u off when you loose cities, but thats fun. Like in Civ 2 when you attack an enimys cap. city and their civ splits.

But back to the topic, its so annoying when we see advertised on the sites bames for 30 and 40 bucks, but when we but them they are really expensive. When i bought TA it was 30 bucks cause I went to a second hand place thank god.

And with my ripped AC, YAY!!!!!!! i installed the 4.0 patch yesterday, and multiplatyer and everything work. BNest thing i ever installed!!!!
Old April 30, 2000, 00:27   #9
SpideyBat
Settler

Actually your energy credits come from basically energy your workers collect from the surrounding terrain. It's not taxed upon your people or anything.