View Poll Results: Do you want ALL Great Wonder Flags available for Small Wonders?
Yes, definitely!! 25 47.17%
Yes, and there are some other Editor things I want too (please specify)! 20 37.74%
No, the editor should now be left alone! 2 3.77%
Don't Care, I only ever play Vanilla Civ3! 6 11.32%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Old January 26, 2003, 10:08   #31
WarpStorm
King

Local Time: 06:46
Local Date: November 1, 2010
It would be way too powerful in conquest situations. Newly conquered cities would never flip and push the borders out 2 or 3 squares.

Culture is a representation of peoples' identity with the empire they are geographically in. I don't see how this would be shared.
Old January 26, 2003, 11:40   #32
BeBro
Emperor

Local Time: 13:46
Just skimmed throught this thread - has nobody mentioned a kind of events language with triggers similar to Civ2? I think this is absolutely needed. It could have options to edit diplomacy as well.
Old January 26, 2003, 12:01   #33
Peter Triggs
CTP2 Source Code ProjectCivilization IV Creators
King

Local Time: 11:46
BeBro,

Don't hold your breath: it would be very difficult for them to put that in now.
Old January 26, 2003, 12:05   #34
BeBro
Emperor

Yep, maybe, but that doesn´t stop me from asking for such things...

I remember Civ2 came out without events language - it was also added later. Of course I don´t know how difficult it is now to implement something similar in Civ3, but I would love to see this...
Old January 26, 2003, 23:30   #35
The Rusty Gamer
Prince

Local Time: 23:46
Quote:
Originally posted by WarpStorm
It would be way too powerful in conquest situations. Newly conquered cities would never flip and push the borders out 2 or 3 squares.

Culture is a representation of peoples' identity with the empire they are geographically in. I don't see how this would be shared.
Well, it could be argued that in Communism, for instance, using 20th century Russia as an example, since the revolution, has had a cultural inflence which was basically the same throughout the empire, one might say a dull blandness everywhere, but everything was part of one collective. I don't think (but I don't know, I wasn't there) that one are of Russia was more or less cultural than another for many many years.

But putting that aside:

WarpStorm, what do you think of my other ideas, in partucular having stuff from the general setup screen defined for individual civilizations or government types?
Old January 30, 2003, 03:07   #36
Ozymandias
Prince

Local Time: 07:46
Quote:
Originally posted by piratebrun
And the ability to make certain civs NOT ABLE to build certain buildings/wonders... could be limited buy not allowing certain civs particular techs.
This can already be done by allocating "No Era" advances to specific Civs and tying the buildings/wonders you want to those advances -- just watch out for the Great Library ...

-Oz
... And on the pedestal these words appear: "My name is Ozymandias, king of kings: Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!" Nothing beside remains. Round the decay of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare, the lone and level sands stretch far away ...
Old January 30, 2003, 03:13   #37
Ozymandias
Prince

Yes, and there are some other Editor things I want too (please specify)!
1. Being able to tie specific unit types to governments as can already been done with improvements.

2. Greater control over terrain editting (yes yes, my endless rant -- why can't we at least separately edit "Snow Covered Mountains" etc.)

3. Having various improvements accrue points (simply +/-) for centralized control governments vs. individual liberty governments. Build too many secret police stations and switching to Democracy becomes problematic.

4. Of course a "Begin At War With" / "Never Make Peace With" switch(es) for mods.

... Tip of the proverbial iceberg ...

-Oz
... And on the pedestal these words appear: "My name is Ozymandias, king of kings: Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!" Nothing beside remains. Round the decay of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare, the lone and level sands stretch far away ...
Old January 30, 2003, 06:29   #38
Panag
MacCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusC4BtSDG Rabbits of Caerbannog
Emperor

hi ,

borders ; well one option that is really needed in the editor is a tool that should not change them at all , why , well for certain mods and scenario's , a city or country that has given such and such borders can not change , no matter what culture (!) , .......

and maybe an option to draw borders on a map in the editor , ......

Firaxis , ....

have a nice day
Old January 30, 2003, 11:38   #39
Ozymandias
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by panag
hi ,

borders ; well one option that is really needed in the editor is a tool that should not change them at all , why , well for certain mods and scenario's , a city or country that has given such and such borders can not change , no matter what culture (!) , .......

and maybe an option to draw borders on a map in the editor , ......

Firaxis , ....

have a nice day
Good notion! I would add the addition that "violation" of DRAWN borders (as opposed to those established by cities & culture) not necessarily trigger war, but rather escalting tensions -- mainland China (it somehow doesn't feel right calling it the "PRC" anymore) still publishes maps with "borders" stretching from Vietnam to Siberia -- not to mention Taiwan et. al. -- and had severe border dust-ups, one each, with Vietnam and the USSR in the 2nd half of the last century, without full-blown (i.e., fully mobilized; trans-border; nuclear; etc.) war breaking out.

-Oz