Old April 30, 2000, 03:18   #1
Famyn
Chieftain

Local Time: 01:42
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Accusation of cheating???
I get on AlphaHQ for the first time in months and find myself in a multiplayer game. I'm the Drones, and the other player factions are Cyborgs, Hive, and Gaian, with comp factions Spartans, Pirates, and Caretakers (no usurpers... how byzzare).

Anyway, I wheel and deal the cyborgs until they give me the commlink for the Pirates. After that, I have all the human comms, so I call council and get myself elected govenor.

All of the sudden, the Cyborg player starts *****ing at me, calling me a cheater. He said that since our two factions hadn't made 'formal contact' (our units hadn't come into contact yet) that me calling the council was cheating and he would vendetta me until I was dead. I told him that if he wanted to play that way, he shouldn't have talked to me in the first place or even said something about it in the set-up screen.

My question... am I a cheater? Is there some code of ethics that I'm not aware of that I unwittingly disobeyed?
Old April 30, 2000, 04:24   #2
Adam_Smith
Prince

I was the Cyborg team.

You left out some important information. Like you never made contact with me before you called council.

The host did not flag the alpha.txt. Famlyn called council as soon as he got the AI faction commlinks, but he did not make contact with all of the human factions.

It's no big deal actually. I just thought it would be best if I declared war on you. That's why I did. not because I was really mad at you or anything Famlyn. It was part of the game. Sorry if you took it the wrong way.
Old April 30, 2000, 05:13   #3
Famyn
Chieftain

Well dude, like I said in my post, you shouldn't have talked to me at all, let alone give me the Pirate's comm frequency to do it.

No one said anything about not calling council because everyone hadn't made formal contact. Like I said in the game, I'm a newbie at multiplayer and didn't know any 'rules' that others take for granted.

How did that game come out, btw?
Old April 30, 2000, 13:49   #4
Adam_Smith
Prince

I mentioned it before you did it and no one said anything. Thats why I thought called it cheating. No bigy thought. I wish you would have played longer. Your Drones took over the Gaians, but not before I signed a pact with them and made myself governor in the next twenty years. I pulled ahead when druzhio decided to go to bed. I had just discovered air power after researching everything else eith that dang blind research. I had the industry up and cooking. I was going to build a huge airforce, switch to Power, and make my assault on your mainland.
Old May 1, 2000, 03:33   #5
Famyn
Chieftain

Yeah, I had a nice impact rush going on the Gaians when I decided to sleep myself . The computer just finished up the job I had started.

Man, I didn't think I'd pull of the weather paradigm in the first 20 turns either, but like I said in game, gotta LOVE Drone production! It really helped in the energy department.
Old May 1, 2000, 10:38   #6
Adam_Smith
Prince

Well, you still would have gotten death from above

Don't get me wrong. The Drones are my favorite.
Old May 1, 2000, 17:55   #7
Famyn
Chieftain

Yeah, I know... I was monitoring tech advancements and noticed you were getting advances faster then anybody else... you were getting one every 4 or 5 turns, and I was getting them maybe 12 turns. I knew I was out teched. I should kept the ICS going instead of slowing down to build impact rovers... my true threat was across the sea, and not some fungus hugging gaians ^^
Old May 1, 2000, 19:28   #8
Adam_Smith
Prince

I think you had ICSed quite enough. You never would have caught up to me in tech. You should have either pacted with me or conquered me and took my tech. That is, before I built up my industry and discovered air power.