Old November 29, 2002, 19:32   #1
ExCivFanatic
Settler

Local Time: 12:48
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Crash with diplomacy in PBEM game
Hi,

My english is not good, sorry for this. I'll try to do my best to explain.

In a PBEM game, i made a deal with another player : 2 luxuries for 5gp/turn. When we renegociate it (he wanted 10gp/turn for the 2 lux), one of the luxury was not removed from the deal, he was giving me one luxury for free and there was no way to stop it (it was not visible in the 'active' window but was visible in the trade advisor). We tried to continue, compensating what was wrong, but at a point, I was giving him 10gp/turn that were not appearing in the active window but was visible in the domestic advisor screen (for both of us). The only thing that was visible was the luxury he was givig me (apparently for free). I decided to stop this deal (clicking the luxury in the active window) and everything stopped (the 10gp/turn reappeared at this moment !), we thought all was clean, so we made another deal, a simple one, a luxury for a luxury. It worked but it was impossible for us to click the 'active' button because the game was crashing (idem in the foreign advisor screen). We continued like this a moment until the deal stopped (after 20 turns I think) and the game crashed when I received the message 'we lost our supply of ivory' (exception in kernel32). We tried to make war to each other to kill all the deals between us before the crashing turn, but the game crashed too . We have no way to continue this game without restarting it from a very old save, this is very frustrating. We were three to play (and 5 AI) and there's no problem with the third player, a lot of deals works fine with him.

We played this game in 1.04F version but the 1.14F patch doesn't correct this.

Is this game dead ? Will I ever play again to civ3 ?

An angry player...

PS : I can send a saved game if needed.
Old November 29, 2002, 21:42   #2
notyoueither
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Local Time: 05:48
That would be a good one to post a save of, along with the identities of the two effected civs.
Old November 30, 2002, 07:23   #3
ExCivFanatic
Settler

Local Time: 12:48
Here's a saved game in 1120 AD.

The two civs are the aztecs and iroquois. The crashing turn is about 1190 AD.
Attached Files:
File Type: sav seb of the iroquois, 1120 ad.sav (286.1 KB, 1 views)