Old November 30, 2002, 15:12   #1
Calimon
Settler

Local Time: 11:50
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Multiplayer, LAN, VPN questions??
Me and a couple friends are taking a break from the recent games like Civ III, Spearhead, America's Army and such. I was telling them about CTP and how I like it a little better than Civ III. So they go out and get the game. I have a VPN set up and have played many games successfully with it, until CTP II.

We all run XP Home/Pro. I have no problems joining the Lobby with both my puters that are connected thru the Router, but when my friend VPN's in, neither one of us can join the Lobby when either one of us is in the Lobby.

So I had him go into the Lobby, which he did fine, I then exited outta the game and then back in. Woot, I was able to join the Lobby with my friend, this was the only time I was able to. So he created a game, which I did see. Once I tried to join the game I couldn't, it would say the game was full. We were both on GameVoice and he was telling me he was the only one in the game, no AI yet.

So when I exit out and go back to the Lobby, he was unable to join the Lobby, Connection was Lost errors.
We are also running the patch, v1.1.

Anyone have any sugestions? We use the VPN in many games just fine. When I go into the Lobby first I can see him trying to join, but he gets a Connection lost error.

Hopefully there are still a few people that play this game and can give me some advice.

Thnx in advance
Old December 2, 2002, 05:01   #2
mkalthoff
Chieftain

Local Time: 12:50
Hi Calimon,

have a look at www.activision.com/support. They give an answer there about the "not able to join lobby" problem.

The problem with "not able to join a game" is perhaps a windows xp problem. I asked it in the support but have not got an answer yet.

Also see:

http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...threadid=62653
Old December 2, 2002, 18:56   #3
child of Thor
Call to Power II Democracy GameCTP2 Source Code Project
Emperor

Local Time: 11:50
Yes mkalthoff is right about problems with windows XP, try looking in the Multiplayer tournament thread, i think there was some talk about XP in there and getting it to work with MP.
LAN is fine under 98, VPN i dont know - sorry
'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Bush's Republican=Neo-con for all intent and purpose. be afraid.