Old May 9, 2000, 15:26   #1
Sem
Chieftain

Local Time: 01:43
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Top Score
Can someone please tell me what is the highest possible score in smacx? I play at the "Thinker Level," and what is a respectable score at that level? Thanks in advance for all those who answer.
Old May 9, 2000, 15:52   #2
Ogie Oglethorpe
ACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Sem

I wouldn't have the foggiest as to what the absolute maximum score would be. I do know riduculously high scores can be obtatined by delaying your transcendance building population until cities are in the 100's of population each. Discovering a bazillion transcendent thought tech advances etc., but to my mind this is simply Simcity Alpha Centauri.

The real tests become winning the game in most adverse conditions in the fastest possible time frame if you choose to be a single player guy.

Multiplayer the real test is simply winning.

Sorry I couldn't be of any more assistance.
Old May 10, 2000, 05:53   #3
Sem
Chieftain

Ogie, thanks for thr reply. It is more useful to me than you might imagine.
Old May 10, 2000, 08:32   #4
joer
Prince

I find it a pity that the 'score' at the end is such a bogus number that doesn't really tell how well somebody played.

I think that one of the main weaknesses of AC/X (along with a stupid AI) is the lack of a proper 'reward' system that encourages fast, efficient play. The deduction of score for each year more to play is so little that it plays far too much to just keep going on forever in micromanagement, just to get bigger, even though nothing it happening.

It would be nice if the winning year had a stronger impact on the game (along with the victory condition, so reaching transcendance is as rewarding as wiping out everybody in a fast rover rush), and that the additional points for population, techs and secret projects decrease over a certain threshhold. That way, people would be more encouraged to play efficient, rather than waste another year to get an even bigger score.

Just my $0.02.
-joer.
Old May 10, 2000, 09:06   #5
Adam_Smith
Prince

Trying to get the highest score possible can be a good way to measure your own progress. Don't bother trying to post it on the high score board. They don't keep that up anymore (at least since last Oct.). Which is pretty weak considering some of us worked very hard to get on that board. If they would stop and think how long some of those games took maybe they would put a little bit of effort too. Anyway, I am just venting a little. but at least they should tell members that they are not taking new scores anymore.

If you can get close to those scores though, then you know that you are getting better. You should, of course improve further with multiplayer.