Old November 30, 2002, 21:36   #1
E_T
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3CDG Team BabylonC4DG SarantiumCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Local Time: 07:51
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Submission to the Senate: DM Plan to build Iron Works in Heliopolis
Domestic Ministries Plan for building the Iron Works Small Wonder at Heliopolis:

Heliopolis is currently building a Cathedral, to achieve WLAD {We Love Aggie Day}. It will not be until 1140AB when we can release PW from building the Nationwide Railroad Connection Network. I don’t currently have plans to Rush anything this Gameplay because of the possibility of having a negative Income for the first few turns to try to get Industrialization in 6 turns time, we can wait to rush the Cathedral until after we are able to re-tweak the science slider back to a positive income balance. This will also have the added benifit of using the increased Production from the New Railroads in Heliopolis to reduce the cost of rushing the Cathedral.

The pre-build plans for the Construction of the Iron Works after the Cathedral is built is recommended to be the following:

1) Aquaduct - to allow the city to grow beyond size 6
2) Marketplace - to keep WLAD for city growth up to Size 12
3) Iron Works

During the Pre-build time, PW’s will work on getting the Food and Shield output for the city up to specifications as a high priority. This will allow for rapid Growth and as high of a shield output after Production Waste as possible.

I plan to have the Pre-builds rushed at about 1/3rd to 2/3rds through production of their builds, to quicken the process. This was a successful strategy while building the FP at Contaginon, it should also work for this build. This keeps from using too much limited funds for the Pre-build Rushs and having funds for other things, like Mil Unit Upgrades, etc.

We might also want to explore having a Factory (50% more sheilds) and/or a Police Station (for decreased Waste) before we start on the Iron Works, but I believe that we won’t need it.

Unless the Senate has any specific Input or extreme changes to this plan, this is what the Domestic Ministries will set as it’s overall plan.

E_T
Old November 30, 2002, 22:45   #2
canyontree
Civilization III Democracy Game
Settler

Local Time: 05:51
Quote:
We might also want to explore having a Factory (50% more sheilds) and/or a Police Station (for decreased Waste) before we start on the Iron Works, but I believe that we won’t need it.
The answer my friends lies in the numbers.

Factory 240 shields (50% shield bonus)
Iron Works 300 shields (100% shield bonus)

Which ever is first requires full allotment of base shields
The second build still requires full shield count but reduced base shields.

Factory first: 240 + 300*2/3 = 440 base shields
Iron Works first 300 + 240/2 = 420 base shields

So IW first makes more efficient use of base shields.
Old December 1, 2002, 00:30   #3
Panzer32
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC4DG VoxInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 SunshinePtWDG2 Monty PythonPtWDG2 MonkeyPtWDG2 Latin LoversPtWDG2 Cake or Death?PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Glory of War
Emperor

Good analysis, Canyontree. Yes, lets get the Iron Works before the factory.
Proud Member of the ISDG Apolyton Team; Member #2 in the Apolyton Yact Club.
King of Trafalgar and Lord of all Isolationia in the Civ III PTW Glory of War team.
---------
May God Bless.
Old December 1, 2002, 05:17   #4
Shiber
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 Cake or Death?InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 13:51
I second Canyontree's analysis.
Btw, once we're done with Germany we should reexamine the possibilities for the location of a new palace.
- Phantom of the Opera
Old December 1, 2002, 05:34   #5
E_T
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3CDG Team BabylonC4DG SarantiumCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Shiber
I second Canyontree's analysis.
Btw, once we're done with Germany we should reexamine the possibilities for the location of a new palace.
I've asked for the Senate to form a new Committee to look into this, but with no results.

E_T
Old December 1, 2002, 20:44   #6
GodKing
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC3CDG The Lost BoysCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Emperor

I say just do it. Do It. DO IT!!!!!

(point taken I assume)

As long as I could figure a way to hump myself, I would be OK with that
--Con
Old December 1, 2002, 20:56   #7
Kloreep
C3CDG Team BabylonPtWDG LegolandInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityCivilization IV PBEMC4DG The Mercenary Team
Emperor

Local Time: 06:51
We'll hopefully be taking Hamburg soon. Shouldn't we wait to see which site we'd prefer?
Old December 1, 2002, 21:54   #8
E_T
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Kloreep
We'll hopefully be taking Hamburg soon. Shouldn't we wait to see which site we'd prefer?
Yes, Hamburg would be a better place, because of being FP Centric for Production Waste, but we would have to Also have to pre-build a Temple and maybe a Courthouse first. We also won't have it for at least 16 turns. Do we want to wait? Hamburg's Coal or Iron might move too.

It will be an Alternate Site, if we lose the Coal or Iron that is at Heliopolis.

E_T
Old December 1, 2002, 21:55   #9
E_T
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by GodKing
I say just do it. Do It. DO IT!!!!!

(point taken I assume)
Which, the Iron Works or the Palace?

E_T
Old December 1, 2002, 22:38   #10
Kloreep
C3CDG Team BabylonPtWDG LegolandInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityCivilization IV PBEMC4DG The Mercenary Team
Emperor

Point taken. We should move the palace closer to Heliopolis anyway.

I second "JUST DO IT" for Iron Works. The Palace needs a poll, but I'd say forget committees; just pick a few sites you want, and if someone doesn't like them, they can come up with some themselves.
Old December 2, 2002, 05:40   #11
Shiber
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 Cake or Death?InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Taken from another thread:

Quote:
Originally posted by E_T
I would rather use that money to do the pre-build rushs for the Iron Works in Heliopolis.
E_T
Question: can you pre-build-rush Iron Works? I know you can't pre-build-rush great wonders, and IIRC you can't pre-build-rush small wonders either, and Iron Works is a small wonder.
- Phantom of the Opera
Old December 2, 2002, 07:31   #12
E_T
Emperor

I was talking about rushing the items that are to be built BEFORE starting on the actual IW build. These are built to help support the speedy construction of the IW (or any other Wonder, great or small).

So, when I talk about Pre-build Rushs, I mean the things that are to be built & rushed prior to building the Item. Got it?

E_T
Old December 2, 2002, 07:42   #13
Shiber
Emperor

Understood. I thought you meant something different.
- Phantom of the Opera
Old December 2, 2002, 12:53   #14
joncnunn
Civilization III Democracy GameC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton UniversityC3CDG Team BabylonApolyton Storywriters' GuildCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumC4BtSDG Templars
Emperor

I'd sugest lowering the science rate low enough to support rushing the current Catherdrial build, followed by rushing the aquaduct (after waiting one turn) [along with pre-builds for a Palace nearby] and after these prebuilds are compelte, raising the science rate back up.
Old December 2, 2002, 13:32   #15
E_T
Emperor

Macross City AND Here It Is can both support Palace builds now. Because we are just a few turns away from Factories, it might be best to have a factory built first, before moving the palace.

E_T
Old December 3, 2002, 17:45   #16
realpolitic
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Prince

Local Time: 03:51
Re: Submission to the Senate: DM Plan to build Iron Works in Heliopolis
Quote:
Originally posted by E_T

I plan to have the Pre-builds rushed at about 1/3rd to 2/3rds through production of their builds, to quicken the process. This was a successful strategy while building the FP at Contaginon, it should also work for this build. This keeps from using too much limited funds for the Pre-build Rushs and having funds for other things, like Mil Unit Upgrades, etc.

E_T
We should rush build there after 1 turn. Why should we have half of a good thing?With all the multipliers from the Iron Works, we hould make this a priority, and have workers on hand to mine, irrrigate, and populate ASAP, then we can produce more military at Heliopolis and then upgrade our units, too.
Old December 3, 2002, 18:04   #17
joncnunn
Civilization III Democracy GameC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton UniversityC3CDG Team BabylonApolyton Storywriters' GuildCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumC4BtSDG Templars
Emperor

I agree with Realpoltic, rush that Catherdrial now, and only spend 1 turn normal building each of the remaining prebuilds at Heliopolis and finish them off with cash.

Also, we need to start the voting on relocating the Palace to Marcos City. Perhaps we can start saving shields for the Factory using Palace as a place holder so the Factory (probably too expensive too rush at this time) gets complete faster so the Palace can be relocated near Heliopolis ASAP.
Old December 3, 2002, 18:06   #18
joncnunn
Emperor

One alternative since the GL hasn't been turned into an Army yet would be to switch Heliopolis to Palace and rush the Palace there, which would greatly increase the production rate of building the Iron Works.
Old December 3, 2002, 18:49   #19
E_T
Emperor

Heliopolis is currently at about 66% waste. As Prez Aggie (and the rest of the government) feels that we need to get Industrialization before Germany, he will be setting the Slider to 80%. THis will give us Ind in 6 turns, but with a negative 34 LPT. This will be MOSTLY offset by selling Coal and Mapwhoring. Also, we will have 3 Universities & 1 Library come online before this is completed, so we can tweek the slider down in a few turns. We will also have one more Bank coming online shortly, which will allow us to start construction of Wall Street.

In light of all of that, I won't be rushing ANYTHING until we get back to a positive income balance, then the Cathedral at Heliopolis will be TOP Priority for the first rush.

We will have the Nation connected via RR on Turn 3 (1140AB) and PW is already set to work on the tiles around Heliopolis, after that is done. Hopefully, the timing for the PW Improvements & that Cathedral rush will coincide at about the same time. For further details, look at my PW orders in the orders thread.

E_T
Old December 5, 2002, 01:10   #20
E_T
Emperor

We have completed the first phase of the Iron Works Pre-build with the completion of the Cathedral. With WLKD, we get 10 shields per turn after Waste for building the next Phase, whick is the Aquaduct. It will be Rushed in 1200AB (it's 1170 now - 3 turns) for a cost of 240 Lytons. THis will decrease by 40 Lytons for every turn.

Most of the PW Improvements for the City are now completed, with a few extra things that can be done with a lesser Worker Force present.

THis will be updated after the next Gameplay has been completed.

E_T
Old December 5, 2002, 16:26   #21
ManicStarSeed
C4DG Gathering StormCivilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityBtS Tri-League
Prince

Local Time: 03:51
Follow plan, but
Iron Works ASAP.

Mss