Old December 1, 2002, 11:47   #1
UnOrthOdOx
PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG Glory of WarApolyton Storywriters' GuildIron CiversApolytoners Hall of FameC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GamePolyCast TeamC4DG The Mercenary TeamC4WDG The Goonies
Emperor

Local Time: 05:52
Local Date: November 1, 2010
The Jungle Gazette: Volume XXIX
THE JUNGLE GAZETTE

Your Light in the Jungle Since 1730 BC - 1100 AD

Shaka invades!
Zululand betrays trade agreements, or simple misunderstanding?

To the shock of nearly the entire nation, Shaka declared war on Apolytonia, landing a battalion of 2,000 of his legendary Impi warriors on our shores. Thud was quick to react, though, soon ridding our lands of the Zulu forces. What is troublesome to many is what could have provoked such an action from our neighbors. The fact is that trades have been open and plentiful between our two nations, and Shaka was giving 48 gold per turn and a supply of gems in exchange for the knowledge of medicine. Could Shaka have merely wanted out of this arrangement? Many claim that it would stand to reason that this is indeed the motive behind the declaration, but this reporter believes that there is another cause.

Having the oportunity to spend several hundred years in the company of Shaka has led me to believe that he is an honorable man. There is no way that he would break a treaty to simply get out of his obligations. And, after much research, I believe that I have uncovered what DID in fact cause Shaka to this hasty action. Speaking from experience, I can say that it takes a long time for our rather...Sizeable?..navy to bring word from apolyton to the shores of Zululand. Why do you think the supoly of Gems was so scarce even with the trade agreements in place? It takes roughly 100 years for news to travel from our capitol to Shaka's palace. It is here that lies the problem. Ask yourselves, what happened just over 100 years ago? Our new government took form.

There is no doubt in my mind that the elections here caused Shaka to have no choice but to declare war on us. Why you ask? This statement:

"I'd love to have better relations with Shaka, as long as he doesn't mind Thud landing the military on his island and taking his luxuries. He's just gotta understand, there's no controling those warmongers after they taste blood." - adaMada

In this one fail swoop, not only does adaMada refer to us as a nation of bloodthirsty warmongers, but he also claims that we have plans to ivade Zululand and vilently take the Gems, the only source of pride for Shaka, out from under their grasp. What did you expect Shaka to do when he recieved word of this, belatedly. It is history to us, but at the time of the war declaration would have been breaking news in Zululand.

- UnOrthOdOx

Government brought to stand-still
American influence hinders progress

In what must be the most blatant argument for the Apolytonian Racial Elitists, our very own government was brought to it's knees this week. With nearly every elected official claiming to be celebrating some thing they called thanksgiving, all governmental functions have ceased! Research has provided some frightening facts.

"Thanksgiving", it seems, is an American holiday that begins with a mass slaughtering of some giant bird that has been bred to be so voluminous that is is even unable to fly. Some even claim it a 'sport' to go and hunt these hapless birds. Once put to their deaths, these birds are soon stuffed and cooked to become the center of a strange ritual engorging that leaves the masses unable to move for hours, if not days. The shear amount of food prepared to this decadent feast is often enough to feed entire families for days.

The true afront, though, comes after this feast has ended. It is then, after the masses have recovered from this engorging that they pay an unusual amount of homage to what they call a 'pumpkin'. This is some large, orange gourd that is baked into a pie. It is here that this 'Pumpkin' is treated with reverence, and at times even worshipped as the people partake of the pumpkin pie. This can be seen as nothing less than an afront to the almighty Banana itself!

"It is only now that we have begun to see the effects that the A.R.E. had warned people of so many years ago." Duddha, the A.R.E. founder, claims. "Not only is it now obvious that the American way of life has somehow influenced our very populous, but it has seeped it's way into the very foundation of our government, weakening the pure Apolytonian blood that once ran strong through our ranks, and weakening us, as a nation. It is aparant, also, that other nations have come to see this as well. I find it no surprise that the Zulu chose to declare the war at a time when our entire government was on 'vacation' celebrating this pathetic American holiday."

- UnOrthOdOx

Gazette Sports
JungleBall -- Week 12

Week 12 Recap:
--------------------------
Ubergorsk Irons 80
Timeline 83
Top scorers:
UBERGORSK: Shawn Alexander (26), Marty Booker (15)
TIMELINE: Joey Galloway (26), Daunte Culpepper (23)

--

Apolytonia Archers 98
Del Monte Ranchers 72
Top Scorers:
APOLYTONIA: Warrick Dunn (22), Michael Vick (20), Baltimore Defense (19)
DEL MONTE: Tom Brady (20), Amani Toomer (17)

--

Banana (HQ) Peels 52
Here It Is Winos 96
Top Scorers:
BANANA (HQ): Charlie Garner (22), Kurt Warner (19)
HERE IT IS: Terrell Owens (28), Jeff Garcia (21), Tiki Barber (21)

--

Termina Trip 101
Geofront Evas 79
Top Scorers:
TERMINA: Atlanta Defense (36), Hines Ward (21), Clinton Portis (20)
GEOFRONT: Ricky Williams (26), Rich Gannon (25)

--

Chiquita Bananas 111
Jerusalem Pickers 27
Top Scorers
CHIQUITA: Priest Holmes (48)
JERUSALEM: Aaron Brooks (11)

Code:
JungleBall - Week 13
Rank Team Name W-L-T Win % PTS Streak
1 Termina Trip 9-2-1 .792 1153.00 W-7
2 Geofront Evas 8-4-0 .667 1058.00 L-1
3 Chiquita Bananas 7-5-0 .583 955.00 W-2
4 Ubergorsk Irons 6-6-0 .500 890.00 L-2
5 Here It Is Winos 5-6-1 .458 903.00 W-1
6 Apolytonia Archers 5-7-0 .417 1063.00 W-4
7 Banana (HQ) Peels 5-7-0 .417 868.00 L-1
8 Del Monte Ranchers 5-7-0 .417 826.00 L-3
9 Timeline 4-7-1 .375 875.00 W-1
10 Jerusalem Pickers 4-7-1 .375 869.00 L-2
* Wins-Losses-ties
Week 13 Preview:
--------------------------
In what may well be a preview of the first round of the playoffs, the top six teams play each other while the bottom four face off. This will be a very important week for several teams: Ubergorsk, if they want to secure themselves a playoff slot and stop their downward slide; Geofront, if they want to keep their position as #2; Apolytonia, if they want to continue their four game winning streak, and Here it Is, as they'll be battling for a playoff slot.

The matchups for week 13 are:
Ubergorsk Irons vs Here It Is Winos

Apolytonia Archers vs Termina Trip

Banana (HQ) Peels vs Del Monte Ranchers

Chiquita Bananas vs Geofront Evas

Timeline vs Jerusalem Pickers

-- adaMada --

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old December 1, 2002, 11:48   #2
UnOrthOdOx
PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG Glory of WarApolyton Storywriters' GuildIron CiversApolytoners Hall of FameC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GamePolyCast TeamC4DG The Mercenary TeamC4WDG The Goonies
Emperor

Got a bit too busy with the PTW launch and the holiday or this would have been a better edtion.

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old December 1, 2002, 12:14   #3
Shiber
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 Cake or Death?InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 13:52

Oh come on UnOrthO, it may be short but it's funny.
- Phantom of the Opera
Old December 1, 2002, 21:56   #4
UnOrthOdOx
Emperor

Glad you found it humorous.

Had several other stories I wanted in, though.

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old December 1, 2002, 21:58   #5
E_T
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3CDG Team BabylonC4DG SarantiumCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Local Time: 07:52
You can still add them, if you wish. Still, it's great!

E_T
Old December 2, 2002, 16:22   #6
GodKing
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC3CDG The Lost BoysCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Emperor

Local Time: 07:52
Thanks. Another good one.

As long as I could figure a way to hump myself, I would be OK with that
--Con
Old December 20, 2002, 12:34   #7
UnOrthOdOx
Emperor

A little late, but I was going to put this with the Thanksgiving article, but the website was messed up when I was first writting it...

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Last edited by UnOrthOdOx; December 22, 2002 at 23:52.
Old December 20, 2002, 12:49   #8
Shiber
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 Cake or Death?InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Next issue is issue XXX. Nifty...
UnOrtho, are you thinking of doing something to celebrate this? Maybe a nudity shot of our VP candidate?
/me eyes Panag suspiciously
- Phantom of the Opera
Old December 20, 2002, 12:51   #9
Aro
lifer
PtWDG Glory of WarC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering StormCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Local Time: 08:52
Shiber, don't ruin the surprise!
Old December 20, 2002, 13:04   #10
Shiber
Emperor

- Phantom of the Opera
Old December 20, 2002, 16:01   #11
Arnelos
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG SarantiumCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 06:52
Man... when I saw a jungle gazette on the front page you got my hopes all up that another one had been put out (though I wondered why Unorthodox was suddenly back and the one printing it).

Waits for next issue of Gazette
Old December 20, 2002, 16:09   #12
Panag
MacCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusC4BtSDG Rabbits of Caerbannog
Emperor

hi ,

with high hopes this page was looked into , ......

shoot the responsable

have a nice day
Old December 21, 2002, 14:03   #13
Panag
MacCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusC4BtSDG Rabbits of Caerbannog
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Shiber
Next issue is issue XXX. Nifty...
UnOrtho, are you thinking of doing something to celebrate this? Maybe a nudity shot of our VP candidate?
* Shiber eyes Panag suspiciously
how about a shot of you when your clothes are knocked off after a banana blast , ......