Old December 1, 2002, 14:13   #1
notyoueither
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Local Time: 05:52
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Who wants to start?
GF proposed this playing order based on some sort of posting order.

Gathering Storm (notyoueither)
Neu Demogyptica (Borc)
Glory of War (GhengisFarb)
Roleplay (astrologix)
Vox Controli (BetaHound)
Lux Invicta (Calc II)
Legoland

I would be able to start the game. Who would like me to proceed? Show of hands.
Old December 1, 2002, 14:18   #2
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Map Stats:
World Size: Standard
Difficulty Level: Monarch
Landmass (Random)
Climate (Normal)
Temperature (Temperate)
Age (Random)
Barbarians: (Random)
Civ-Specific Abilities
Preserve Random Seed
Culture Flips

Victory Conditions:
Domination Victory
Space Race Victory
Diplomatic Victory
Conquest Victory
Cultural Victory

Teams and Civs:
Lux Invicta - Ottomans
Glory of War - China
Roleplay - Spain
Gathering Storm - Egypt
Legoland - Carthage
Vox Controli - Persia
Neu Demogyptica - Arabia

Team Lux Invicta

Name of Civ : Lux Invicta
Noun : Invicti
Adjective : Invictus
Title of the leader : Dominus
Name of the leader : Illuminatus
Color: Roman Red
Civ: Ottomans

Civ : China
Name of Civ : Glory of War
Noun : Warmongers - Plural
Adjective : Glorious
Title of the leader : Glorious
Name of the leader : Warmonger
Colour : Zulu Black

Civ : Spain
Name of Civ : España
Noun : Spanish
Adjective : Spanish
Title of Leader: La Reina
Name of the Leader : Isabella
Colour : [Normal Spanish Color]

Civ: Egypt
Colour: German Blue

Name: Stormbringer
Formal: Gathering Storm
Noun: Gathering Storm
Adjective: Storm
Title: Chief [/QUOTE]

Legoland Team

Civ : Carthage
Name of Civ : Legoland
Noun : Legomen
Adjective : Lego
Title of the leader : Wise
Name of the leader : Legos
Colour : Greek Green

Name of team - Vox Controli
Civ - Persia
Noun - Voxians
Adjective - Voxian
Title of Leader - Controller
Name of the Leader - The One, or The One Voice
Colour - Roman Red
PIC - the V

Name of civ: Neu Demogyptica
Civ: Arabia
Noun: Demogyptians
Adjective: demogyptian
Title of the leader: Sultan
Name of the leader: Fritz Demogypt
Colour: egyptian yellow

Last edited by GhengisFarb™; December 1, 2002 at 14:24.
Old December 1, 2002, 14:22   #3
Crousto
Civilization III PBEMPtWDG RoleplayCivilization III Multiplayer
Prince

Local Time: 12:52
If you start it's ok for me, but as a previous poll told to randomize, I guess the best solution would be a real randomizer so no one can't complain about anything. Shiber told he could do it in a previous thread, I could do it too, or let's ask to MarkG.
Old December 1, 2002, 14:27   #4
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Crousto
If you start it's ok for me, but as a previous poll told to randomize, I guess the best solution would be a real randomizer so no one can't complain about anything. Shiber told he could do it in a previous thread, I could do it too, or let's ask to MarkG.
It is random, it was just the order of each team's first post in a random thread. And its done so we won't have to sit around for another week waiting for someone to come up with a program and prove that it actually was the results of their random program and not them just writing down an order.
Old December 1, 2002, 14:27   #5
Spiffor
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG LegolandApolytoners Hall of Fame

Local Time: 13:52
I have no prob with starting the game now, but I can't talk on behalf of my team. Jack_www is our boss, and will play the game for the Legoland. The suggested order is as good as any other, as long at it gets things done.
Unfortunately, if Jack_www is unavailable, there is currently no one to replace him in our team
Old December 1, 2002, 14:28   #6
punkbass2000
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III Democracy GameApolyton UniversityCivilization III PBEM
King

Local Time: 07:52
Can two civs have the same colour?
Old December 1, 2002, 14:28   #7
alva
Civilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Cake or Death?PtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Why use a randomiser??

Take 7 pieces of paper , write the names of the team on them, put them in a "hat",..........et voila
Old December 1, 2002, 14:29   #8
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Spiffor
I have no prob with starting the game now, but I can't talk on behalf of my team. Jack_www is our boss, and will play the game for the Legoland. The suggested order is as good as any other, as long at it gets things done.
Unfortunately, if Jack_www is unavailable, there is currently no one to replace him in our team
That's okay, you were the last team to post in the thread so if any team was to not have someone who could play right away your team would be the best one as you would go last anyway.

Quote:
Originally posted by alva848
Why use a randomiser??

Take 7 pieces of paper , write the names of the team on them, put them in a "hat",..........et voila
Yeah, but how are you going to prove it was random? Post an mpeg of you pulling out the pieces of paper? How would we know you didn't do it 6 times and go with the order you liked the best?
Old December 1, 2002, 14:30   #9
notyoueither
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Yes, but do you want to start with that proposed order?

Or do we want to stand around looking at each other for another couple of days?
Old December 1, 2002, 14:31   #10
notyoueither
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by punkbass2000
Can two civs have the same colour?
No two teams are using the same colour.
Old December 1, 2002, 14:32   #11
punkbass2000
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III Democracy GameApolyton UniversityCivilization III PBEM
King

I also agree that, despite the hassle, we really should randomize the order. I realize that the order is random in some sense, but it is not arbitrary enough, IMO. Also, the reasoning behind it presumes that anyone who saw the thread would have posted and that whoever was here first necessarily started the thread.
Old December 1, 2002, 14:32   #12
alva
Civilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Cake or Death?PtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

start !!!
Old December 1, 2002, 14:34   #13
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by notyoueither
Yes, but do you want to start with that proposed order?

Or do we want to stand around looking at each other for another couple of days?
I say go ahead, as I don't see a huge difference the play order is going to make but I wish some more people would raise their hands.
Old December 1, 2002, 14:34   #14
punkbass2000
King

Quote:
Originally posted by notyoueither

No two teams are using the same colour.
Both Lux Invicta and Vox Xontroli want Roman Red. Not only that but our civs have the same traits too... who'll be able to tell us apart when there's no immortals or sipahi?
Old December 1, 2002, 14:37   #15
punkbass2000
King

Quote:
Originally posted by GhengisFarb Yeah, but how are you going to prove it was random? Post an mpeg of you pulling out the pieces of paper? How would we know you didn't do it 6 times and go with the order you liked the best?
I believe the best way to solve this 'problem' is to simply do RPS online. Quick, effective, fair and, uh, conspicuous.
Old December 1, 2002, 14:38   #16
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Deity

Quote:

Both Lux Invicta and Vox Xontroli want Roman Red. Not only that but our civs have the same traits too... who'll be able to tell us apart when there's no immortals or sipahi?
Lux should get it first as they posted it days before Vox. They can choose another color or go with Persian standard.

This is taking forever, and I have to go mow my lawn.
Old December 1, 2002, 14:40   #17
punkbass2000
King

Alright! Too much cross-posting! If you've got something to 'say' or want to 'listen' go to the chatroom! I promise to post a report of the chat, barring any unforeseen and unfortunate events.
Old December 1, 2002, 14:42   #18
Zero
PtWDG Glory of WarInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG3 SpartansPtWDG2 Monkey
King

Local Time: 06:52
Ur absoultely right GF! I told them to at least announce which colour they were gonna use, and they stubbornly refused to tell us the status of their team. No soup for you guys! No sympathy even if you guys come to us whinign why your units are pink!

Well That would be too harsh. Come up with a different colour. If not we'll give you a 'reasonable' alternative color at our discretion.
Old December 1, 2002, 14:42   #19
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Deity

Quote:
Alright! Too much cross-posting! If you've got something to 'say' or want to 'listen' go to the chatroom! I promise to post a report of the chat, barring any unforeseen and unfortunate events.
What chat? There's no chat, its PBEM. And not everyone can access the chatroom. Already the elitists are dictating who can play............
Old December 1, 2002, 14:44   #20
OliverFA
PtWDG RoleplaySpanish CiversInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamNationStatesCiv4 SP Democracy Game
King

This is the RolePlay group situation:

We have all our available members in a chatroom at irc. We would like to prefer to wait for GodKing (our great leader's subtitute) but we'll play in behalf of the team if we have to.
Old December 1, 2002, 14:45   #21
notyoueither
Deity

When did Vox post in the gathering thread about a team colour? All I saw was Persia.
Old December 1, 2002, 14:46   #22
nbarclay
PtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC4DG Gathering Storm
Emperor

According to GhengisFarb's post, both Lux Invicta and Vox Controli are listed as Roman Red. Is that a misprint or a conflict that needs worked out?

And do we really distrust each other so much that we think someone would cheat in choosing a random start order? If so, it bodes ill for the integrity of the rest of the game.
Old December 1, 2002, 14:47   #23
punkbass2000
King

Quote:
Originally posted by GhengisFarb

What chat? There's no chat, its PBEM. And not everyone can access the chatroom. Already the elitists are dictating who can play............
Of course the elitists are dictating who can play! Requiring access to this forum is elitist.

By chat I mean the Apolyton chatroom. Geez. And it's not 'official' and I am not trying to start the game with it, I just want to be able to communicate more efficiently than this.
Old December 1, 2002, 14:47   #24
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Deity

I just copied each team's final post I'll go double check.

Yep, they wanted Roman Red, but I think they'll be okay with something else as they pretty much understood we were leaning towards a first come first served sort of thing.

Besides they're Canadians, they NEVER get angry.
Old December 1, 2002, 14:48   #25
Shiber
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 Cake or Death?InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Dammit people, if you really don't trust each other then ask MarkG to randomize the order (or pull pieces of lego, I mean paper out of a hat or something).
- Phantom of the Opera
Old December 1, 2002, 14:50   #26
notyoueither
Deity

OK. Thanks GF, I had not found that info. Must need new glasses. I can give them Japanese red.
Old December 1, 2002, 14:50   #27
punkbass2000
King

I say RPS still! It's fun and random
Old December 1, 2002, 14:52   #28
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Deity

Quote:
I say RPS still! It's fun and random
But the Rural Postal Service takes weeks...............
Old December 1, 2002, 14:53   #29
punkbass2000
King

Maybe you should just give our team Japanese red. You should have seen the vote. It was decided by one voter, who voted arbitrarily. I'm sure we'd be just as happy with Japanese red. I would have voted for Japanese if I knew it was going to lose
Old December 1, 2002, 14:54   #30
Zero
PtWDG Glory of WarInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG3 SpartansPtWDG2 Monkey
King

Local Time: 06:52
Give who Japanese red? We had a poll about our whether to go with japanese red or roman red... I personally voted for japanese red and still favor it. However due to majority request that I honor, I must insist we keep roman red for us if possible.

EDIT: Nevermind. information was on previous post.