Old December 18, 2002, 04:46   #31
Drogue
staff
Alpha Centauri PBEMNationStatesACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 SpartansACDG3 MorganACDG3 Data AngelsPolyCast TeamC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNsACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Apolyton Knight (Off-Topic Co-Moderator)

Local Time: 11:53
Local Date: November 1, 2010
I think we will have to, and I think we will succeed. We can (hopefully, if at Knowledge) Pact Zak, put a waiting invasion force in his bases and use probes to knock out PDs and take them by force. If we can't Pact Zak, MC a coastal base (The Leader's Horde) and use that as a base to launch an attack. Remember we can knock out PDs and not have a problem, since we'll have the CDF.

I'm not advocating a move, certainly at the moment, but we are at war, and we will sooner or later have to fight. At the moment however, there seems to be much more support for covert warfare, at least until we are a bit more developed and can build a decent army (HEC, SFF, possibly Needlejets). We need to be ahead of Yang in military technology before we try to strike IMHO.

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker
Old December 18, 2002, 04:55   #32
GeneralTacticus
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMPtWDG RoleplayNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 22:53
Once we have needlejets and missiles or Chaos guns, the writing will be on the wall for Yang. We can pump out legions of troops armed witht hese weapons, and it will be only a amtter of time before we win. Once we take The Hive and with it the CN, our victory will be mroe or less certain.
Old December 18, 2002, 08:57   #33
Drogue
staff
Alpha Centauri PBEMNationStatesACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 SpartansACDG3 MorganACDG3 Data AngelsPolyCast TeamC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNsACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness

We can, whether we will or not is another matter. Although even I think it's just a matter of time before we do, IMO we should wait quite a while before launching an invasion.

Old December 18, 2002, 09:17   #34
Drogue
staff

Provisional DEI Orders

Since only 2 turns were played last time (and due to being away, not enough time for me to poll), I see no reason to change DEI orders. Therefore, provisionally, DEI orders are the same as last turchat: DEI Orders Poll, and the Western Probe Foil should continue to move Northwards until it finds another faction, and then infiltrate.

If anyone would like to change this, please speak now and I will.

Old December 18, 2002, 13:46   #35
Earwicker
Civilization II Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy Game
Prince

Local Time: 06:53
Quote:
Originally posted by AdamTG02
Earwicker: I'm actually advocating directed sabotage, which is a bit riskier for our Probe Teams but would allow us to eliminate the base facilities which allow the Hive to threaten us (mainly, Perimeter Defenses) while leaving other facilites intact.
Good clarification, and good idea! When the invasion begins this will be just what the doctor ordered, assuming we invade with probes in number.
Old December 18, 2002, 13:58   #36
Drogue
staff

Quote:
Originally posted by Earwicker
Assuming we invade with probes in number.
That's what I like to hear

Hear that TKG/DBTS? More probes!!

Old December 18, 2002, 15:11   #37
DeathByTheSword
ACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 Spartans
King

a Drogue as you said probe teams tottally your responsiblity so dont come knocking on mine door...
'Space05us is just a stupid nice guy' - Space05us
Old December 18, 2002, 15:50   #38
Drogue
staff

Ok, I wasn't sure who I had to ask for them. TKG then?

Old December 18, 2002, 20:05   #39
GeneralTacticus
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMPtWDG RoleplayNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Quote:
I'm actually advocating directed sabotage, which is a bit riskier for our Probe Teams but would allow us to eliminate the base facilities which allow the Hive to threaten us (mainly, Perimeter Defenses) while leaving other facilites intact.
Only problem is, Perim. defences are EXTREMELY difficult to directly target.
Old December 19, 2002, 04:46   #40
Drogue
staff

That is true, I need to boost their moral mucho before we try this. IIRC it's 75 or 80% chance at elite.

Old December 19, 2002, 17:51   #41
AdamTG02
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG3 Data AngelsC4WDG Delian LeagueC4BtSDG Rabbits of Caerbannog
Prince

Local Time: 07:53
Okay. Looks like my plan won't work, then; thanks for the information.
Old December 20, 2002, 06:07   #42
Drogue
staff

Provisional DEI Orders 2211-

1) The Western Probe Foil should continue to move Northwards until it finds another faction, and then infiltrate.
2) The Western Gatling Foil should continue West following the coast of the other continent.
3) The Scout Patrol should Continue exploring the unexplored area to the West and South.
4) The Eastern Probe Foil should steal tech from Yang at The Leader's Horde, and if still alive afterwards, should immediatly make its way back to steal another tech (conditional on poll).
5) The Eastern Gatling Foil should return to TBIBTU immediatly and rest until fully repaired, and should then continue exploring North along the coast (conditional on poll).
6) The New Transport Foil being built by Voltaire in New Suez should stay put until Probe reaches it, and then head off to the University (this is probably for a future turnchat and is dependant on poll)
7) The New Probe Team being built by GT in TBIBTU should move to New Suez ASAP and board the transport.

Comments and Critiques welcome

DEI issues (first post) has been updated for new units.

Old December 20, 2002, 06:13   #43
GeneralTacticus
Emperor

Dammit, I can't BELIEVE the number of times I've had to amend the orders today because I've made mistakes. I didn't realize Voltaire was building a transport foil at NS.

Anyway, looks good to me.
Old December 20, 2002, 13:38   #44
Voltaire
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessNever Ending StoriesC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Human Hive
King

Local Time: 04:53
Quote:
Originally posted by Drogue
6) The New Transport Foil being built by Voltaire in New Suez should stay put until Probe reaches it, and then head off to the University (this is probably for a future turnchat and is dependant on poll)
One point of clarification, under what jurisdiction does the foil fall under for the time being? It is under regional jurisdiction for the time being until the probe reaches it? Or does the DEI or DPO control it from the moment of completion? Not really all that important, I was just wondering.
Old December 20, 2002, 13:42   #45
Drogue
staff

I asked the DIA for it, and he granted it, so I presume it is mine, however I think it might be DBTS's? Is that possible, the DPO gets control of a unit he didn't ask for, but was intended for the DEI?

Old December 20, 2002, 13:45   #46
Voltaire
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessNever Ending StoriesC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Human Hive
King

Quote:
I asked the DIA for it, and he granted it, so I presume it is mine, however I think it might be DBTS's? Is that possible, the DPO gets control of a unit he didn't ask for, but was intended for the DEI?
Well since I believe it was constructed at your request, it falls under the jurisdiction of the DEI. This also raises another question, if a governor constructs a military unit, or a probe, etc. and it is not requested by either the DEI or the DPO, under which jurisdiction does it fall?
Old December 20, 2002, 13:52   #47
Drogue
staff

DPO. DPO gets everything unless it's a probe (automatically DEI) or unless he gives it to the DEI.

Old December 20, 2002, 13:53   #48
Voltaire
King

Quote:
DPO. DPO gets everything unless it's a probe (automatically DEI) or unless he gives it to the DEI.
Ah I see. Does this even apply to police/garrison units?
Old December 20, 2002, 13:59   #49
Drogue
staff

I believe so yes.

Old December 20, 2002, 20:49   #50
GeneralTacticus
Emperor

Yes.
Old December 20, 2002, 21:25   #51
Method
ACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 SpartansAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNs
Emperor

Local Time: 08:53
Quote:
Hear that TKG/DBTS? More probes!!
so, shall we be wreaking general havoc in the hive with probes now, or later? i know you wanted that transport for the university, but we'll need more than one transport full of probes for yang. so if we could get NA UNPD TacAc antioch and concordia to make 1 or 2 probes (TBIBTU and suez providing the foils) yang will be finished
Old December 20, 2002, 21:34   #52
GeneralTacticus
Emperor

We still need infrastructure, don't forget. My citizens are getting impatient with all the delays in building Energy Banks and Research Hospitals.
Old December 21, 2002, 10:46   #53
Drogue
staff

I have to admit, we need infrastrucure now, and most of Jedinica seems to be preoccupied with building CPs. I think wait a while before getting an army of probes. ATM I'm more concerned with getting infiltrators in all factions and getting techs off the Hive. When we want to launch an invasion (or just before) I'd go for a push for transports and probes, to take down PDs and MC bases that get in our way.

Is it true that the DEI gets control units he's asked for, and not the DPO? The Consitution seems to suggest, that bar probes, DPO gets everything and then gives exploration units to the DEI, but common sense would say if the DEI asks for it, and the DIA agrees, the DPO doesn't need to be involved?

Old December 21, 2002, 10:49   #54
DeathByTheSword
ACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 Spartans
King

i agree with drogue on the last part of his post
'Space05us is just a stupid nice guy' - Space05us
Old December 21, 2002, 12:06   #55
Method
ACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 SpartansAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNs
Emperor

Local Time: 08:53
i know ATM we need infastructure, but building 1 probe can't be that much trouble, can it? but, whatever. blah, i alwasy neglect energy banks and rely on getting the PEG, but since this is vanilla smac, we just can't do that
Old January 16, 2003, 11:17   #56
Drogue
staff

DEI Provisional Orders 2222-

Eastern Probe Foil, near The Hive: Infiltrate The Hive at The Labourer’s Throng and steal a tech (synth. fossil fuels I think )

Eastern Probe Foil, near The University: Infiltrate the datalinks of The University at Mendelev College.

Eastern Laser Foil: Explore North East, towards the Isle of Deneria, and possible, Miriam and The Believers.

Western Probe Foil: Infiltrate Santiago at Blast Rifle Crag, and steal tech (their world map IIRC).

Western Laser Foil: Explore South, along the coast, and around the cape at the bottom.

Scout Patrol[s]: Are they both mine? First Scout Patrol to explore South of Twin Peaks, the unexplored area. Second Scout Patrol to fortify new base about to be built, near it.

All conditional on poll, will take the highest at the time of turnchat, however I think these are by far the best options.