Old December 2, 2002, 14:03   #61
Eli
Civ4 SP Democracy GamePtWDG Vox ControliC4DG VoxCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 14:54
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Quote:
How can I check the difficulty level IN game?
Save the game and load it. When if finishes loading there is this little screen with your name, civ, date and difficulty level.
Old December 2, 2002, 14:20   #62
Hot Mustard
PtWDG RoleplayCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Monty Python
King

Local Time: 07:54
OK. After some fiddling around, I have determined that the save the Warmongers sent us (the RPs) was already at Regent level (and AP was off). I am curious to know where Regent kicked in - can the 1st three teams check their saves?
Old December 2, 2002, 14:41   #63
Borc
Civilization III PBEMPtWDG Neu Demogyptica
Warlord

Local Time: 12:54
question!

what is the right way to load this game now?

a)
title screen
load game

b)
title screen
multiplayer
host
pbem
load
game

i used a) because i am not the host
and the the game wa regent and ap was off
Old December 2, 2002, 14:42   #64
Harovan
staff
PtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Monty PythonC4DG Gathering Storm
Civ4: Colonization Content Editor

b) is the right way. a) may cause problems, because the game is broken and sometimes allows to view your predecessor's position or to open his game without a password. That would be considered cheating.
Old December 2, 2002, 14:45   #65
Hot Mustard
PtWDG RoleplayCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Monty Python
King

Borc - I don't think it matters, if you have 1.14. (But I'm sure someone will protest that.)

Loading either way was Regent for me.

I'm not in favour of restarting to get Monarch level, but I would like to determine where/why it happened.

Well, if it was already Regent for Neu Demogyptica too, then it originated with Gathering Storm and notyoueither.

Last edited by Hot Mustard; December 2, 2002 at 15:10.
Old December 2, 2002, 14:49   #66
Borc
Warlord

of cause i have 114f ... what can we test now?
Old December 2, 2002, 15:00   #67
Hot Mustard
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Borc
of cause i have 114f ... what can we test now?
That's it. Just the difficulty level, which you said was Regent. We already know AP came on sometime after the Vox's turn. Thanks.
Old December 2, 2002, 15:35   #68
Eli
Civ4 SP Democracy GamePtWDG Vox ControliC4DG VoxCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Maybe NYE just set the game on Regent and there was no bug?
Old December 2, 2002, 16:48   #69
flash9286
Rise of Nations Multiplayer
King

i guessed i missed alot in a day, i got the new save i played it again(and made a password) and sent it to civerdan
Old December 2, 2002, 17:30   #70
Darekill
PtWDG2 Monty PythonC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Neu Demogyptica
Prince

I'd say we take the game now as it is! Be it regent or not and play! This is suposed to be kind of a test isn't it? If we start to start the game over and over again and again we will never find out if our concept will work out anyway!
Old December 2, 2002, 17:48   #71
Eli
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by flash9286
i guessed i missed alot in a day, i got the new save i played it again(and made a password) and sent it to civerdan
There is nothing wrong about reading the forums before doing anything.

All you just did was done by me 7 hours ago, thank you for adding to the confusion.
Old December 2, 2002, 17:57   #72
vondrack
lifer
InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMCivilization IV PBEMPtWDG Legoland
Emperor

Just came back from a party... no savegame from LI in my mailbox... I will check it again in the morning (in about 8 hours).

Lux Invicta, be so kind and send the savegame after replaying your turn to Legoland at vondrack@jimaz.cz.
Old December 2, 2002, 18:14   #73
flash9286
King

well Eli if you didnt have the crack version in the first place, u could have played the turn instead of me.
Old December 2, 2002, 18:18   #74
CiverDan
Civilization III MultiplayerPtWDG Lux InvictaInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Roleplay
Prince

Local Time: 06:54
Sorry...Just got back from work....I'm going to replay turn now. Just one question. When I loaded the save, It says barb activity is "roaming" Shouln't this be random. (acc. prod IS off and difficulty says "custom")

By the way, I do have 1.14f. I work from 8 am to 4 pm EST during the week, so that's why I havent played yet.

Will play now and send to legoland.
Old December 2, 2002, 18:31   #75
Eli
Emperor

Quote:
well Eli if you didnt have the crack version in the first place, u could have played the turn instead of me.
I didnt play because I had to leave, or did you already forget that?
Old December 2, 2002, 18:40   #76
flash9286
King

sure, thats why you were on apolyton when the save was sent to me
Old December 2, 2002, 19:11   #77
Wittlich
lifer
Call to Power II MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersCivilization III PBEMPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III Democracy GameCiv4 SP Democracy GameC3CDG EuphoricaIron CiversCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG United Dungeon DwellersDiploGamesC4BtSDG TemplarsPolyCast Team
Deity

Local Time: 04:54
Fellow Voxians, a suggestion: If we must argue amonst ourselves - how about doing only in our private forum? We don't need the other teams watching us air our dirty laundry/difference of opinion.
Old December 2, 2002, 19:15   #78
FrustratedPoet
PtWDG Gathering Storm
Emperor

Local Time: 11:54
spoilsport.
Old December 2, 2002, 19:42   #79
flash9286
King

anyway the password problem wasnt a problem, you can put a password in anytime in the game.
Old December 2, 2002, 19:55   #80
nbarclay
PtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC4DG Gathering Storm
Emperor

Local Time: 05:54
Quote:
Originally posted by CiverDan
Sorry...Just got back from work....I'm going to replay turn now. Just one question. When I loaded the save, It says barb activity is "roaming" Shouln't this be random. (acc. prod IS off and difficulty says "custom")
Speculation: There's no such thing as "random" barbarians once the game gets going. The initialization process has to set barbarian activity to one of the real levels, so from then on, that's what you see if you look. Note that this is mere speculation at this point; can anyone confirm or refute it?

Nathan
Old December 2, 2002, 20:06   #81
FrustratedPoet
PtWDG Gathering Storm
Emperor

Local Time: 11:54
many other options that were set to random appear as 'Custom', though, but I agree that it is all speculation at this point.
Old December 3, 2002, 05:18   #82
vondrack
lifer
InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMCivilization IV PBEMPtWDG Legoland
Emperor

OK, guys, sorry for delaying it a bit this time. I came home quite tired yesterday. The long Sunday demogame night plus the Monday corporate party of our company did their job - I was really not feeling like waiting for Dan's save...

The savegame we received from Lux Invicta was fine, I think. Legoland turn has been replayed and sent to Gathering Storm (to nye, that is).

I have played a bit with the loading procedures and here is what I have found out (using 1.14f):[list=1][*] Using the "NYE procedure", it IS possible to corrupt the savegame, inadvertently switching the AP on. If you have the AP on when selecting "Load Game" from the Multiplayer Setup screen, the game will become AP positive. It does not matter if you just leave your default on, or if you manually switch the AP off an on prior to loading the savegame. If it is on, it will be set on in the game.[*] Unfortunately, this process is not reversible. You cannot "repair" a game that has the AP flag on by simply switching the AP setting off on your MP setup screen and loading the corrupted AP-positive savegame. I tried it with the original (corrupted) Lux Invicta savegame and the AP remained on.[*] The procedure suggested by the printed manual works just fine. Fire up Civ3, select Load Game from the Main Menu and off you go. Retains all the settings properly.[/list=1]My conclusions (feel free to comment):[list=1][*] The file got corrupted by being loaded using the NYE procedure, having the AP setting in the MP setup screen on. That is apparently the only way to corrupt the savegame under 1.14f.[*] The Regent setting was there either from the very beginning or crept in just like the AP did. The way to find out is to have Neu Demogyptica check the 4000BC save they got from nye/GS, using the standard load procedure from the Main Menu.[*] We shall use the standard, guide-suggested load procedure, using the Load Game function of the Main Menu. NYE procedure messes things up, if used improperly (and it's rather difficult to say, what "improperly" actually means).[*] Everybody receiving a savegame shall check what difficulty level is displayed upon loading the savegame and whether the AP is on or not - just to make sure that we notice problems ASAP.[/list=1]

EDIT: typo

Last edited by vondrack; December 3, 2002 at 06:37.
Old December 3, 2002, 05:34   #83
Borc
Warlord

very good work! so we load the game from the main menue!!!
Old December 3, 2002, 06:15   #84
Eli
Emperor

Quote:
sure, thats why you were on apolyton when the save was sent to me
The Apolyton users list shows members to be on even 30 minutes after they leave.

Wittlich : Ah well.
Old December 3, 2002, 12:32   #85
Jack_www
Civilization III MultiplayerPtWDG LegolandNationStatesNever Ending StoriesRise of Nations MultiplayerC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 03:54
I knew that NYE loading instructions was the problem.