View Poll Results: What do we do?
Leave it on 10 25.00%
Go back to where it was not on and continue with out it 30 75.00%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Old December 2, 2002, 00:45   #1
Randolph
Civilization III Democracy GameC4DG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityPtWDG Gathering StormC4BtSDG Rabbits of Caerbannog
Prince

Local Time: 06:55
Local Date: November 1, 2010
What to do about Accelerated Production being turned on
I hope I'm not out of line starting a poll

Problem: Accelerated Production has been turned on, and can't be turned off.

Issues:
1. Some team(s) got a small boost.
2. We decided that AP would be off.
3. If we undo it, it could be turn on again (repeat).

Options:
1. Deal with it. It's bound to happen, and not so bad anyway; let's just go with it.
2. Go back to the save where it happened. And do this every time that it happens in the future.
Old December 2, 2002, 00:57   #2
Randolph
Civilization III Democracy GameC4DG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityPtWDG Gathering StormC4BtSDG Rabbits of Caerbannog
Prince

Local Time: 06:55
(my opinions)

Issue 1 is IMHO not a big deal. My team is one that will not get a boost, and I really don't think it will impact the big picture.

OTOH issue 2 is IMHO a big deal. We decided that this would be off; it shouldn't be "left on" without some sort of discussion. For all we know someone could have changed it because they wanted it on (It could also be a very honest mistake). I'd hate to see all our democratic planning undermined in such a way.

Issue 3 could be a pain, but if we pre-determine that no saves with AP on will be played then via email/PM we should be able to get turns re-played quickly and get everything back on track without much lost time.
Old December 2, 2002, 01:14   #3
Eli
Civ4 SP Democracy GamePtWDG Vox ControliC4DG VoxCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 14:55
How exactly did it get "turned on"?
Old December 2, 2002, 01:44   #4
pikesfan
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Prince

Local Time: 05:55
What exactly does it do?
Old December 2, 2002, 02:08   #5
notyoueither
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Halves the number of food to grow and shields to build.
Old December 2, 2002, 02:32   #6
Donegeal
PtWDG Glory of WarC4DG VoxApolyCon 06 ParticipantsC4BtSDG TemplarsSpore
Emperor

Local Time: 11:55
No AP!!!!! Go back and fix!
Old December 2, 2002, 03:07   #7
ixnay
Civilization II Democracy GamePtWDG Lux InvictaPtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 Cake or Death?C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV CreatorsAge of Nations Team
Emperor

I really don't mind either way, but we did vote to have it off. If it's not too much of a hassle, go back and fix it, I guess.
Old December 2, 2002, 03:24   #8
Dis
ACDG3 SpartansC4DG Vox
Deity

Local Time: 04:55
It speeds up research, time to grow, time to build.

At first it really does seem cool. But it could limit unit usefulness. although if we are a peaceful civ that is OK with me . uu's will have a shorter life. Because the units move at the same speed.

I don't care either way.
Old December 2, 2002, 05:04   #9
Crousto
Civilization III PBEMPtWDG RoleplayCivilization III Multiplayer
Prince

Local Time: 12:55
Let's find out who turned AP on, how, and why. It can't have been turned on randomly. Either it's a bug, someone loaded/saved the wrong way, was not on 1.14, or used some @#!& cracked/warez version. If we can find a good reason for this problem and correct it, I think we should play the turns again (not a big deal) because no AP won by a landslide (75%) in the previous poll.
Old December 2, 2002, 05:07   #10
Dis
ACDG3 SpartansC4DG Vox
Deity

Local Time: 04:55
It wasn't accidently turned on from game creation? sometimes those check marks are defaulted to the last game started.

I can't see how it can be turned on except from the game creation. This bothers me.
Old December 2, 2002, 05:11   #11
Crousto
Civilization III PBEMPtWDG RoleplayCivilization III Multiplayer
Prince

No, I'm sure it was off until we (RP team, 4th in the order) played. It may have gone wrong when we saved it, or later in the chain (Vox, Lux or Lego). Those 3 teams should check the save again and tell us if AP was on or off (just check if a warrior needs 5 or 10 shields to be built).
Old December 2, 2002, 05:42   #12
vondrack
lifer
InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMCivilization IV PBEMPtWDG Legoland
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Crousto
No, I'm sure it was off until we (RP team, 4th in the order) played. It may have gone wrong when we saved it, or later in the chain (Vox, Lux or Lego). Those 3 teams should check the save again and tell us if AP was on or off (just check if a warrior needs 5 or 10 shields to be built).
It was on when we got it (I played the turn on behalf of Legoland). I am 100% sure of that. At least I had no opportunity to change/set it and as I never use AP in my SP games, I assume that it was already on. My best guess is that it's a bug. I have no idea how to change the AP setting of a launched PBEM game, even if I wanted to - the save just loads and off you go... no option setting...

I can live with it and without it, too... either way is fine. But if it was not intentional, then I guess it should be fixed.
Old December 2, 2002, 06:32   #13
Eli
Civ4 SP Democracy GamePtWDG Vox ControliC4DG VoxCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

It was off when we were playing(10 turns for city growth), so it's either Lux or Lego.
Old December 2, 2002, 06:45   #14
vondrack
lifer
InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMCivilization IV PBEMPtWDG Legoland
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Eli
It was off when we were playing(10 turns for city growth), so it's either Lux or Lego.
Is there a way to tell if a savegame has the AP on without actually loading it? 'cause all I can tell is that after I loaded the savegame I got from CiverDan (LI), the AP was on. But I do not seem to be able to tell whether I got a savegame with the flag set, or if my PtW install did the naughty thing. I tend to believe I got it that way, since I have never ever had (and do not currently have) the AP set on in my SP games, thus there is almost no chance that some default setting of my PtW install could carry over into the demogame save.

If it really got screwed along the way, I would be for fixing it and fixing the password problem for the team that did not set one. Would make things easier, IMHO.
Old December 2, 2002, 08:17   #15
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Let's try to fix it, and we can get Vox to put in a password thus fixing both problems.
Old December 2, 2002, 08:28   #16
Eli
Emperor

Great, i'm available for most of the next 10 hours, so if you'll need a VC member to do the turn, contact me.
Old December 2, 2002, 08:33   #17
vondrack
lifer
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Eli
Great, i'm available for most of the next 10 hours, so if you'll need a VC member to do the turn, contact me.
Eli, Voxes are the first to redo their turn, so if you have the savegame, just go ahead and play the turn again, setting the password and making sure the AP is off. Email to Lux Invicta then. I got the savegame from CiverDan yesterday, so I suppose he is the one to be sent the save for the replay. His email is dan1195_at_yahoo.com - replace the... eh, you know...

As soon as Luxes are done with their replay, they can send the save game to me (vondrack@jimaz.cz) and I will do our turn again, emailing the file over to nye.
Old December 2, 2002, 08:39   #18
Eli
Emperor

Flash played that turn, so I dont have the save. But if whoever played before us is online, he can email me the game to shadowmn@netvision.net.il
Old December 2, 2002, 09:12   #19
Hot Mustard
PtWDG RoleplayCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Monty Python
King

Local Time: 07:55
Are we considering this decided then? I can FW the email I sent to Flash to Eli.
Old December 2, 2002, 09:18   #20
Eli
Emperor

Yes, please do.
Old December 2, 2002, 09:23   #21
Hot Mustard
PtWDG RoleplayCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Monty Python
King

Local Time: 07:55
Post-Roleplay save has been emailed to Eli.
Old December 2, 2002, 09:30   #22
Eli
Emperor

Game played, password set, there were no signs on accelerated production.

To who do I need to email the save now?
Old December 2, 2002, 09:33   #23
Eli
Emperor

Quote:
His email is dan1195_at_yahoo.com - replace the... eh, you know...
Ok, mail sent.
Old December 2, 2002, 11:27   #24
BigFurryMonster
PtWDG2 SunshineC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC3CDG Team BabylonInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Eli - please mail me the save game, too! Dan might not be online now, and we need to make sure what happened.

My email is: apolyton@geenspamrutgermooy.net

- remove the geenspam from this

BFM
Lux Invicta