Old December 2, 2002, 18:42   #1
SKILORD
Never Ending StoriesCivilization III MultiplayerApolyton Storywriters' Guild
King

Local Time: 11:57
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Land of the Brave: The Celt's tale
Babaylon was marching.
This would not have concerned Brennus under common circumstances, it happened a world away, if Asia Minor became consumed by war what mattered it to him?
He had recently signed a Mutual Protection Pact with them.
The Celts had never known war, it was true that skirmishes between their warriors and the barbarians that plauged the Americas had been common in days of old, but these were modern times, and that had never really been war.
Still Brennus looked hopefully into the eyes of the future, the persians were a rival for the South Pacific. New Entremont had been long established on Australia, longer than the Persian colony there the Celts by now had added two more cities on Australia, with plans to subjugate the untouched land of Guinea to the north. If war came it would give Brennus liscence to claim all of Australia, to seize the Persian islands. It wasa golden opprotunity. He reached for his phone and called the courthouse of New Alesia, where the governor of that Australian city presided.
"I need that Airport, spare no expense, but your nation needs it."
After a few feeble excuses the governor caved, and proceeded to pour from the nation's wealth those funds required to pay the overtime of the workers who would build it. The Governor went to sleep wondering why it was so urgent.

-

The Tanks were flying in. An endless row of supply planes flew desperately to Alesia to releive themselves of the metallic behemoths they had brought from the distant Americas. Alarich grinned hopefully. The Persians had made a great mistake in their African offensive. The Celts could easily outproduce any other nation of Earth, they had built an empire from the Cape of South America to Hudson's bay, all the way to the distant deserts of Australia. Alarich had full confidence in Celtia's ability to conqure. He took command of the tanks quickly upon landing and hey rolled out, fatefully to battle the Persian menace, a continent away.

Old December 2, 2002, 19:28   #2
ChrisiusMaximus
Civilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization III Democracy GameC3CDG Blood Oath HordeC4DG The HordeC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GameCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG éirich tuireann
Emperor

Local Time: 12:57
One of the first stories with the new civs in from PTW, and an interesting start.
A proud member of the "Apolyton Story Writers Guild".There are many great stories at the Civ 3 stories forum, do yourself a favour and visit the forum. Lose yourself in one of many epic tales and be inspired to write yourself, as I was.
Old December 2, 2002, 23:06   #3
gooberboob
Civilization II PBEMCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization II MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMNever Ending Stories
Warlord

Local Time: 05:57
way to sneak a NES map in SKILORD, that's so cool
Old December 3, 2002, 18:15   #4
SKILORD
King

Why the two at once:

These stories are a duet, they both convey the same message, though they are antitheses of each other. One is the Story of a great empire, one of a diminuitive kingdom, one world is war torn, another is peaceful. One story is a nation's fall from grace, another is of a nation's ascent to civilized living from modern barbarism.

In one story evil will triumph, in another good will persevere, i won both games.
Old December 3, 2002, 18:58   #5
SKILORD
King

Chapter Two: The Forging of the Iron Fist
The riflemen hurried behind every wall they could find, desperately hoping to capture some small measure of protection as the Tanks pushed forward, never stopping. Bullets were of little effect, though the projectiles that came from the tanks seemed to devastate their lines wherever they chose to fall. A group of ancient warriors, their axes held high, ran to the south, hoping for protection where the barbarian kings ruled. Tanks shot after them with unmatchable speed. The warriors never escaped the gently sloping hills, which drank their blood eagerly. A man begging to be allowed to surrender was cut down as quickly as one who stood proudly by his home, defending his property to the last. A pathetic fleet of tiny ships set sail, forcing their way to a better fate. They found no such fate, only a large, ancient Ironclad, waiting to devour them.

-

Brennus's fist closed over the precious stone, the first shipment of gems from distant Australia had arrived. Reports sat on his desk of countless victoies, the Persian Indies were under constant attack frtom the sky, that was as he would have it, the Persians scattering in terror before his merciless bombers. A transport in the Coral sea was being harassed by Persian bombers. Brennus frowned, picking up the phone and dialing the Air Marshall, a swift command to perserve air superiority in the South pacific was greeted enthusiastically, the supreme commander of the Celtic Airforce had been waiting for an opprotunity to test the newly developed Jets.

-

A rocket was set free, though the bomber never suspected it. The fighter dropped out of the clouds to face it's enemy, who seemed displeased at the company. The antiquated bomber attempted pathetic manuvers, designed to keep bullets from flaying the ship.

The rocket didn't care. Soon the burning hulk of the once threatening ship was visible to bombers unlike it, on their way northwest.
Old December 3, 2002, 19:16   #6
TheGuitarist
Warlord

Local Time: 06:57
Great combat scenes! Keep it up.
Old December 3, 2002, 20:02   #7
ChrisiusMaximus
Civilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization III Democracy GameC3CDG Blood Oath HordeC4DG The HordeC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GameCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG éirich tuireann
Emperor

Yes Skilord both are excellent keep it up.

BTW Tom when can we expect to see some more from your good self ?
A proud member of the "Apolyton Story Writers Guild".There are many great stories at the Civ 3 stories forum, do yourself a favour and visit the forum. Lose yourself in one of many epic tales and be inspired to write yourself, as I was.
Old December 3, 2002, 21:50   #8
vovan
Apolyton UniversityCivilization IV CreatorsSporeApolyton Storywriters' GuildC3CDG Blood Oath HordeC4DG The Horde
Emperor

I finally got some time to catch up on the stories here, and I must say, it is very nice to read another story by you, SKILORD. Keep the goods coming please

I'm off to read the other story of yours.
Spore page
Old December 3, 2002, 22:12   #9
SKILORD
King

I've been trying to write each story a chapter at the same time, i promise this story gets the next chapter.
Old December 3, 2002, 23:12   #10
vovan
Apolyton UniversityCivilization IV CreatorsSporeApolyton Storywriters' GuildC3CDG Blood Oath HordeC4DG The Horde
Emperor

Well, like I said in the other thread, Skilord, it's not the quantity that counts - it's the quality. You can always finish the second story when you are done with one of them.

Oh, and BTW, I see you didn't post these stories on the other forum. Not enough feedback? Heh, I think I see a pattern here. The people are migrating from CF to 'Poly. Oh, good, maybe we'll have more stories here.
Spore page
Old December 4, 2002, 16:03   #11
SKILORD
King

Well i told them i was going on strike because there was no feedback, they didn't seem to care, which hurt because i consider CFC my home forums.

I'm going to continue to write them simultaniously, but will take more time to ensure the utmost quality. Those who give feedback deserve that their wishes be acnowledged at least.
Old December 4, 2002, 19:03   #12
SKILORD
King

I write a beautiful chapter and then the gamespy installation changes the page, loosing my work forever.

Old December 4, 2002, 19:26   #13
vovan
Emperor

That can't be fun... That's why I use word (or notepad)
Spore page
Old December 6, 2002, 00:33   #14
gooberboob
Civilization II PBEMCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization II MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMNever Ending Stories
Warlord

Friggin' Gamespy
Old December 7, 2002, 18:50   #15
ChrisiusMaximus
Emperor

Hurry up SKILORD please.
Old December 8, 2002, 00:00   #16
Easthaven I
Prince

two thumbs up mr. skilord.....

You want an extra thumb ? Well put in another installment!...
Old December 9, 2002, 20:13   #17
SKILORD
King

I'm having trouble, you see there is no electricity but that pittiance we can eke from the generator here.

I'm trying.
Old December 9, 2002, 20:38   #18
SKILORD
King

Chapter 3: The Dusk of Sanity
A second sea had taken it's place upon the first, this sea was a sea of Iron, a fleet of steel behemoths forcing their way towards a meager shore with rabid anticipation. Destroyers, Battleships, Carriers. It was the most modern fleet that man had ever dared the seas to take. The ocean's might had proven futile against the mighty sides of untamed ore.

One ship was far ahead of the rest. The Isle of Tyre was Persia's final hold on the earth, and this ship had arrived, months before it's comrades could be anticipated. But this ship did not dominate the waves, it hid stealthily under them. It rose, determined to the waves, holding it's cargo out for a perilous instant, an instant in which any motion of Posidon could end their monstorous mission in failure. The rocket escalated to the sky. Coming to it's final violent rest in the center of the city, sending out a mighty destructive force. The waves were outraged at this unnecesarry force and crashed the once mighty submarine dashed across the once beautiful island, it's Uranium core bleeding even more death into the world.

-

Xerxes lay amidst ruins. The summer home thaT had become a temporary temple to the feeble power of Persia was gone, a ruin for future ages to unearth. The groans of the damned revertebrated through the streets, and the soldiers who had vowed to protect them were a worthless sheild. Xerxes tried to stand, but the ground pulled him into a painful embrace. The king of Tyre crawled through the glass splinters of Persia to a defiant peice of architecture. Xerxes had once loved sculpture, as he dragged himself up, cutting his weak hands on calloused cement he reflected how beautiful this particular stub of proud building was, how well it reflected the defiant Persian people. Xerxes started to vomit. The stone crumbled beneath him, leaving him to vomit in the rubble, waiting hopelessly for the Celts.

-

"The world has been rid of the Persian menace!" the general announced, marching proudly into Brennus's chambers. The king smiled, a sick smile that held little joy.
"Onward my freind."
The general was confused.
"No, sir. There is no onward, the Persians are gone."
Brennus pulled a map to the other man's veiw.
"Onward," he pointed, detailing the next province to be added to the empire with his finger.
The general was unsure. The King had never supported war before, now he called for it against a neighbor, one who had traded with the Celtic Empire since the beginning of time itself, one that only Celtic gifts kept alive. The general sighed futilely. The first victim of thew war lust.
Old December 10, 2002, 14:54   #19
SKILORD
King

How's the latest chapteh?
Old December 10, 2002, 14:56   #20
ChrisiusMaximus
Emperor

still keeping both going eh, well done!
Old December 10, 2002, 18:00   #21
TheGuitarist
Warlord

Very nice, SKILORD, keep it going. Especially liked the nuclear element. Boom!
Old December 10, 2002, 18:03   #22
ChrisiusMaximus
Emperor

BOOM!!!!

My bangs bigger than yours!
Old December 10, 2002, 20:32   #23
SKILORD
King

Chapter 4: The First Subjugation
The glare of rockets, the sick anticipation, it was almost as bad as the hits of the first tactical nuclear weapons. Russians had built the first bomb, but they were too afraid to use it. The Celts had the backbone, the iron will, to deliver their judgement through it. Battleships cut a swath through shipping to the Greenland colonies. Hiawatha had been shocked, he knew the Celts as pacifists, to understate that nation's actions before that. Hiawatha had been brutally slaughtered in his home. The blood, it was said, would take weeks to clean ot of the matresses and a reward was out for any body part of his that could be found. Noone had been able to collect yet. Modern Armor plowed through the final bastion of non Celtic land on North America. They were under orders not to regard the Iriquois as any more than the barbarians that had been extinguished in Australia.
Tanks landed in Greenland, children screamed as their homes were torn apart under the mighty treads. Settlers came next, forcing the unsettled land on that great island to bow to them, wherever they chose top build. Iriquois slaves were rounded up to clean the fil;fthy pollution from the land. They were treated as though they were the ones responsible for the waste that had taken the land from the victors, for ever so slight a time, the whip was light in Celtia's hand, a new burden it took up gladly. It was heavy on the backs of the conqured tribes. Resistance was tried, the offenders were lined up and shot. The Celts would not stop at eclipsin the sun so as to harm the Iriquois, their longtime neighbors, those whom they had trusted since time began.
Old December 10, 2002, 20:32   #24
SKILORD
King

Nukes are a big part of this game.
Old December 10, 2002, 20:40   #25
ChrisiusMaximus
Emperor

Oh my God!! are their any survivors from the Iroquois?

Has Squarking Turkey been killed in the fighting? lets hope he managed to escape somehow.

Chrisius tries to reassure vovan and guitarist that he'll show up sooner or later.

Old December 10, 2002, 21:03   #26
TheGuitarist
Warlord

Lol Chrisius. Nice twist, SKILORD, I'm really liking this. Especially taking on two stories at once.
Old December 10, 2002, 21:21   #27
vovan
Emperor

Great story. Keep up the goods coming, SKILORD, and don't waste those precious electrons

Haven't seen too much of this: - used in stories lately, so that brings even more interest to the story.

@Chrisius: hehe, we want our back!
Spore page
Old December 10, 2002, 21:53   #28
SKILORD
King

Well the next coupla chapters will follow the fate of (by popular demand) Squarking Turkey as he makes his way through the Celtic system of millitary law and a newfound love of hate manifests itself through racism.

hopefully this will rekindle my interest in this story.
Old December 10, 2002, 22:05   #29
vovan
Emperor

Sounds interesting to me
Spore page
Old December 10, 2002, 22:08   #30
SKILORD
King

Chapter 5: Grasping at Straws
"Can you at least tell me why i've been arrested?!" Squarking Turkey demanded from his cell. Finally the gaurd came over to him.
"It isn't wise to question the state. Especially being a person of," The gaurd pointed to his hand and grunted.
Turkey didn't understand, he lifted his hand from the bar and stared at it, hoping to discover that which the gaurd referred to, maybe a birthmark?
The gaurd came over and took his hand hitting Turkey upside the head with it.
"You're a frikkin Injun!"
The realization flooded Turkey's eyes. He had never thought of things in those terms. The world was unused to thinking in such terms.
"So I can be arrested for being born to the wrong mother?"
The gaurd laughed heartily.
"You're being arrested for more than that," the gaurd lifted his sheet of paper to see what exactly this young man was imprisoned for," S.... Sq, oh yes, here we go."
He presented the paper to Squarking Turkey.
"A Speeding violation! I've been locked in this God Awful place for days without a decent meal or a bath for a speeding violation?!"
The gaurd nodded, unsurprised. The world must have gone mad.
"This is far from the worst place you'll see. In time, you will look back longingly at your days here."
The young man's throat grew tense. He sat at his bed silently. The world must be mad.

-

The Celtic tiger had it's eyes on England. Like the Iriquois the English had long lived on Celtic gifts. Brennus himself pushed the button to send the first missile To London, with love. He giggled maniacally as the death was displayed to him on a television screen. The newscaster seemed less excited.
"It is a dark, dark day in Brit..." Brennus turned off the television and began to order the troops to move. Britain would give them a step to Russia, the worlds other power. One day, all of earth would bow to Brennus. Brennus the great, Brennus the mad.