Old January 18, 2003, 12:56   #31
Peter Triggs
CTP2 Source Code ProjectCivilization IV Creators
King

Local Time: 11:58
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Some of you might be interested in:

See this post

It's presumably the sort of editing/modification functionality that we could have expected from Civ3 if Reynolds, Coleman, Train, and Kaufman hadn't left.
Old January 22, 2003, 11:49   #32
conmcb25
inmate
Civilization III Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization II Succession GamesPtWDG2 MonkeyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG Vox ControliScenario League / Civ2-CreationAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 MorganApolyton UniversityIron CiversCivilization II MultiplayerC3CDG Team BabylonCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsCiv4 SP Democracy GameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPolyCast TeamCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Deity

Local Time: 07:58
CIV 3 sucks unless you like to play a vanilla Civ game.

Im staying here and playing scenarios with you guys!
Old January 22, 2003, 14:52   #33
mordhiem
Civilization II PBEM
Warlord

Civ 3... *yawns*

I neer really expected much when I bought it, but for some reason I did anyway. As for PTW!? LOL, I'm not touching that with a bargepole.
Old January 22, 2003, 14:55   #34
conmcb25
inmate
Civilization III Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization II Succession GamesPtWDG2 MonkeyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG Vox ControliScenario League / Civ2-CreationAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 MorganApolyton UniversityIron CiversCivilization II MultiplayerC3CDG Team BabylonCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsCiv4 SP Democracy GameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPolyCast TeamCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by mordhiem
Civ 3... *yawns*

I neer really expected much when I bought it, but for some reason I did anyway. As for PTW!? LOL, I'm not touching that with a bargepole.
You are wiser than me Mordhiem, I forked out the $29.95 and have been sorry about the watse of money ever since...........
Old January 22, 2003, 16:07   #35
DarthVeda
Emperor

civ3 is a major let down. Ctp2 is MUCH more appreciative of the mod community.
Old January 22, 2003, 16:39   #36
greeny
Civilization II PBEMCivilization II Democracy Game: Red Front
Prince

To be fair the civfanatics civ3 scenario forum seems to be more active. (I haven't actualy tried any of them though, cant be botherd to reinstall civ3 ) Although many would probably be considerd "modpacks" or more like the scenarios which came with the original civ2 (hey they were fun). But some do look promising particularly this one:

Alexander the Great Scenario

In this case I dont think the lack of initial diplomacy settings or events should be too much of a drawback. It does look like they take a lot of effort though.
Old January 22, 2003, 17:56   #37
DarthVeda
Emperor

I mean come on... aside from the graphics, even the original plain old Civilization II beats the hell out of the civ3 as far as scenarios go.
Old January 22, 2003, 18:04   #38
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

I agree Darth Veda but I personally like CIV 3 better for Vanilla Civ.

Amd until they fix the scenario unfriendly environment CIV 2 will be around for a while!
Old January 23, 2003, 17:21   #39
Roman
King

I enjoy playing (and sometimes making) scenarios immensely - much more than playing the game from 4000 BC... Wisely, I waited with buying Civ 3 to see the reaction of the mod/scenario community. After reading just how much of a step backwords Civ 3 is compared to Civ 2 in terms of scenario creation, I decided not to buy it at all, so I am perhaps one of the few Civ fans who has resisted the temptation.

It is a pity, though, that scenarios are not better supported. I can think of many new scenario possibilities with the new concepts (resources and culture) that were implemented. Oh well...
Old January 26, 2003, 18:33   #40
HisMajestyBOB
Warlord

Local Time: 06:58
My wish is that someone that makes good, mod-friendly games (like Paradox ) will buy Civ away from Firaxis and make it good. Hell, I'd be happy if Civ2 was updated with a much better event system (like Eu2's, perhaps), lots of empty unit, tech and terrain slots, and space for add-on civs, all for scenarios.

Sigh, I'll just have to be content with todays Civ2.

.13 posts per day, and proud of it!
Old January 30, 2003, 16:53   #41
MrBaggins
CTP2 Source Code Project
King

CtP2 is *it* in terms of modding. Most limits go out of the window. You can do far more more advanced events than you could ever do with civ2 events.

The basic game wasn't very balanced, and the AI sucked... The Ai through mods, have produced a remarkably challanging opponent, and one that can be customized to attack in ways that you want. In factw with a mod/scenario you get to change most anything to your liking. It is a bit of work, but effectively, if you can imagine it, you can (probably) do it.

MrBaggins
Old February 3, 2003, 14:13   #42
Panda
Prince

Something that's always bothered me about mods for other platforms: how big are the downloads? How much bigger are they going to be?
Old February 3, 2003, 15:06   #43
MrBaggins
CTP2 Source Code Project
King

Pretty big... you are talking about 10's of megs when you are talking about animated sprites. Now if you include custom wonder animations... the sky is the limit...
Old February 4, 2003, 19:10   #44
Boco
Scenario League / Civ2-Creation
King

Local Time: 06:58
What's a good modpack to try with CTP2? It's sitting on my disk, but I've never played the game, much less a modpack.