Old December 3, 2002, 13:36   #1
Arnelos
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG SarantiumCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 07:00
Local Date: November 1, 2010
PROPOSAL: To keep game moving...
Proposal:

Each team should inform the team before it (the one that passes them the save file) which e-mail addresses to send it to.

For instance, we (the Roleplay Team) might request the Glory of War Team (the one that sends us the savefile) to send it to the e-mail addresses of Togas (President-equivalent), myself (VP-equivalent), and any number of others in our chain of command as we might want to request. Likewise, each team would give a list of e-mail addresses to the team before it in the order.

It would be up to each team to ensure that someone able to actually turn around the save file in an appropriate amount of time is on the list of people to send the file to.

The teams can inform each other of this list and any changes to it via PMs to the ambassador and/or leader of the team that sends them the file.

---------------------------

That's simple enough and solves the issue w/o needing to post the save file in the forums or publicly posting people's e-mail addresses in the forums either.
Old December 3, 2002, 13:41   #2
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Local Time: 06:00
The system you just proposed is the system we are and have been using since the beginning.

How many of these gameplay proposal threads are we going to have?
Old December 3, 2002, 13:48   #3
Hot Mustard
PtWDG RoleplayCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Monty Python
King

Local Time: 08:00
Quote:
Originally posted by GhengisFarb
The system you just proposed is the system we are and have been using since the beginning.

How many of these gameplay proposal threads are we going to have?
Not everyone has agreed to it, AFAIK. Also it is important to have the details for something like this very visible to everyone know, not buried in three-week old discussions. Especially for the late comers on the last two teams.

And you're one to talk:
Quote:
I have been ready since yesterday night. Trip was supposed to have worked out a system for randomly determining the order with MarkG.

If we don't have anything within the next 4 hours I propose we start and go by the order each team's leader posted in this thread.

So far the order would be:

Gathering Storm (notyoueither)
Neu Demogyptica (Borc)
Glory of War (GhengisFarb)
Roleplay (astrologix)
Vox Controli (BetaHound)
Lux Invicta (Calc II)
Legoland (Whenever someone shows up tomorrow..)
Thanks for all the advance notice on that proposal/decision.
Old December 3, 2002, 14:14   #4
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Local Time: 06:00
Dejon, your post makes no sense. What does having the game start have to do with speeding up the game by not doing anything?

The people who suggested a system to start the game didn't show up on December 1, Borc informed us his team would only be available for another 4 hours. I suggested that if no one showed up with a system before the Germans would be unavailable that we use a simple system and get started so we wouldn't have to wait another week.

Now you are all upset that we actually started the game on the day we had agreed to start it on in a poll a month ahead of time instead of postponing the start for six months?

Or maybe the Frenchies are mad that the Germans got to play..............................

Last edited by GhengisFarb™; December 3, 2002 at 14:24.
Old December 3, 2002, 14:30   #5
FrustratedPoet
PtWDG Gathering Storm
Emperor

Local Time: 12:00
Quote:

Now you are all upset that we actually started the game on the day we had agreed to start it on in a poll a month ahead of time instead of postponing the start for six months?
Not everyone is upset mate, I think you did the right thing.
Old December 3, 2002, 14:35   #6
Hot Mustard
PtWDG RoleplayCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Monty Python
King

Local Time: 08:00
No, they're not related. T'was merely a friendly jibe - if you can make proposals, why can't we? We are encouraging discussion, after all.

Actually, in the final analysis, I commend your taking action on Sunday, to get things started. In the future, I'd like there to be a mutually agreed upon, recognized process for such things.