Old December 4, 2002, 05:23   #1
Arnelos
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG SarantiumCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 07:03
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Stories from Madrid... (from the Roleplay Team)
STORIES FROM MADRID...

(NOTE: This posting is an official posting on behalf of the Roleplay Team. It is made with the blessing of His Grace, Togas, the Supreme Leader of Iberia.)

The storytellers and bards have been sent forth from Iberia and their tales reach across to distant lands who may enjoy to hear a thing or two about events in our new town...

Read on if you are one of those interested in such events.

------------------------------------------------

Visigoths defeated by Father of Togas in Battle in 4026 B.C.

The Visigoth tribe, lead by Alaric, was defeated by the elder Togas, leader of the Iberian tribe, in roughly 4026 B.C. Many of the Visigoths have since been placed into slavery and will work the fields around the new town of Madrid, which the frist ruler of settled Iberia, Togas the First, has now founded...

Madrid founded in 4000 B.C.

The township of Madrid was founded by Togas the First in 4000 B.C. on the banks of the Rio Tajo. Senor Roberto Ninot has been appointed by Togas as the Governor of Madrid and will be overseeing the growth of the city and its production goals. Already, areas have been set aside for a tavern, a market, a training grounds, and a shrine (note: these are threads used for role-play ).

Supreme Leader Togas Announces Leadership

His Grace, Togas the First, as one of his first edicts, announced the following leadership for the Iberian Tribe:

Supreme Leader: Togas the First (Togas)
Most Trusted Advisor: Senor Lorenzo Clemente (Arnelos)
High Priest: Senor Francisco Pizarro Tacticus (GeneralTacticus)
Chief Warrior: Senor Dejon (dejon)
Chief Architect: (not yet filled)
Governor of Madrid: Senor Roberto Ninot (Ninot)
The Watcher: Senor Juan de Torquemada (DAVOUT)
Slave Master: Senor Oliverius Fernandez (oliverfa)
Royal Chamber Pot Cleaner: Senor GK (GodKing)

Togas Selects Emissaries ot other Tribes

His Grace, Togas, Supreme Leader of Iberia, has selected the following emissaries to the other tribes:

Gathering Storm: Senor GodKing (GodKing)
Neu Demogyptica: Senor Hernan de Calamari (History Guy)
Glory of War: Senor ada Mada (adaMada)
Lux Invicta: Senor Jdjdjd (jdjdjd)
Legoland: Senor Quixote Thud I (Thud)
Vox Controli: Senor Nuclearis Winteris I (Nuclear Winter)

All emissaries will be supervised by His Grace, Supreme Leader Togas and his Most Trusted Advisor, Senor Clemente (Arnelos).

THE FIRST TRIAL IN IBERIAN HISTORY

Senor Spamish Mitchell (mrmitchell) of the Mitchell Clan (which has interests in squid-related products), has formerly requested that his business rival, Senor Hernan de Calamari (History Guy) of the Calamari Clan (which is the larger of the two competing squid clans), be placed on trial by Supreme Leader Togas for the murder of the slave Thug, formerly owned by the Mitchell Clan. Apparently, Senor Hernan de Calamari killed the property of the Mitchell Clan by tossing it over his head into the river upstream of a waterfall and allowing the slave to wash downstream without aid.

His Grace, Togas, has agreed to hear the case, and is currently hearing arguments from the competing clans. Rumor has it that even such punishments as execution or substantial financial payment are possible for parties found to be violating the public order and the interests of the tribe.

The Mitchell Clan has brought forward two primary pieces of evidence to back its case:

1. The testimony of Senor Astronicus (astrologix), who claims to have heard the last words of the slave Thug: "AAAAAAAAGH! I’m going over the water{glub}!"

2. The words of Senor Hernan de Calamari himself while performing the accused destruction of property:
Quote:
I wouldn't trust Thug as far as I could throw him. Heck, let's stand over here by the fast moving river and I'll see how far I can throw him...in the direction of the fast moving river that heads directly for the huge waterfall...yeah, that's right. Let's see how far I can throw him here...

Sorry about the loss of Thug, like that. It was just so fast, and so unexpected.
In response, the Calamari Clan has presented the following evidence:

1. The appearence of "Senor" Thug before the Court of Togas, that His Grace may observe for himself that the man is indeed alive. The Calamari Clan claims they found the man hiding in a small barn on the Mitchell estate, waiting for "all this to blow over". This man, claiming to be Thug, freely admits that the entire situation was concocted as an attempt by the Mitchell Clan to discredit the Calamari Clan.

Senor Mitchell has not yet returned to the presence of the Court of Togas since the Calamari Clan presented its evidence, more information will be forthcoming as this situation continues to evolve. That the very lives of the participants may hang in the balance makes the situation all the more critical.

Senor Pikesfan Dies, Food Poisoning Suspected

Senor Pikesfan, patriarch of the Pikesfan Clan and founder of the Annals of Iberia, died while attending the hearing of arguments in the Trial of Senor Hernan de Calamari. He was reportedly bemoaning the fact that he hated onions and that he blamed his growing nausea on the onions served by the Mitchell Clan in his lunch (squid with onions) just before death. His last words were reportedly "Oh, the onions! Oh, my annals!" This event has been too recent for any investigation to take place yet.

High Priest Tacticus Begins Crackdown on Cult

Citing the worship of strange gods unknown to our tribe by a member of the Tribe, the High Priest of Iberia, Senor Francisco Pizarro Tacticus, has begun a crackdown on foreign-inspired cults. Communion with the spirits and respect for the dead are the only valid forms of religious practice in the Iberia Tribe as of yet. As his first action, he has arrested Senor Jdjdjd and will place him on trial in the Shrine for "blashphemy, heresy, and possibly demonic pacts". Reportedly, Senor Jdjdjd had mentioned in several different areas of the town that praying to several gods of foreign origin would bring fortune to us. While it could be said that perhaps Senor Jdjdjd is simply ahead of his time in pressing for the worship of gods, the situation now is that the High Priest has exclusive authority in matters of communion with the spirits and the persecution of those who take part in other religious practices.

Last edited by Arnelos; December 4, 2002 at 05:31.
Old December 4, 2002, 08:07   #2
Shiber
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 Cake or Death?InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 14:03
- RP -
It appears that the role play team is very good at writing stories.
Now let's see how good they are at playing the game.
- End RP -

I wish the role play team good luck! May you continue to amuse us with tales of wars, treachery, crimes and tomato fests.
- Phantom of the Opera
Old December 4, 2002, 08:07   #3
Aro
lifer
PtWDG Glory of WarC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering StormCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Local Time: 09:03
Great thread, Arnelos.
Old December 4, 2002, 08:25   #4
Meshelic
PtWDG Gathering StormCivilization III Democracy GameNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 04:03
What exactly does the Royal Chamber Pot Cleaner do exactly?

yes, great thread Arnelos, these tales of the Roleplay team are very amusing.
Old December 4, 2002, 08:50   #5
Harovan
staff
PtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Monty PythonC4DG Gathering Storm
Civ4: Colonization Content Editor

Local Time: 13:03
Yea, Gathering Storm is honored to have your Royal Chamber Pot Cleaner as emissary. We'll do our best to give him a couple of our pots to clean too.
Old December 4, 2002, 09:44   #6
Hot Mustard
PtWDG RoleplayCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Monty Python
King

Local Time: 08:03
Quote:
Originally posted by Sir Ralph
Yea, Gathering Storm is honored to have your Royal Chamber Pot Cleaner as emissary. We'll do our best to give him a couple of our pots to clean too.
Well, perhaps we should warn you to wear gloves when shaking hands with Senor GodKing.
Old December 4, 2002, 10:23   #7
UnOrthOdOx
PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG Glory of WarApolyton Storywriters' GuildIron CiversApolytoners Hall of FameC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GamePolyCast TeamC4DG The Mercenary TeamC4WDG The Goonies
Emperor

Local Time: 06:03
Togas,

I wouldn't turn my back on this "most trusted advisor". I mean, just look at his avatar...you can practically see him plotting your demise behind that grin.

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old December 4, 2002, 12:27   #8
alva
Civilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Cake or Death?PtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Good stuff this
Old December 4, 2002, 15:50   #9
Togas
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 SunshineC3CDG The Lost BoysC4DG The Mercenary TeamPtWDG RoleplayC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Arnelos did an excellent job summarizing our current events and highlights of my small but active civilization. Our people would have to read 10+ threads to get all of this information.

We hope to soon hear stories from the other lands. Feel free to share your stories and ask questions, as I am fostering an open society. I have decided to send forth ambassadors to all the nations. If my ambassadors to your nations do not act in the utmost courtesy and respect, or do not respond to your requests promptly, inform me and I will handle the situation.

As for Arnelos, he is given great power with little responsibility and even less chance of getting burned by a raging mob. Why would he ever want my job?

--Togas

p.s. I have ordered Godking to be bathed SEVEN TIMES in the River Tajo and then dressed in new clothes before sending him forth to visit the Gathering Storm.
Heir to the lost throne of Spain of the Roleplay Team in the PTW Democracy Multiplayer Team Game.
Old December 4, 2002, 16:12   #10
ixnay
Civilization II Democracy GamePtWDG Lux InvictaPtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 Cake or Death?C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV CreatorsAge of Nations Team
Emperor

Helpful hint: Hold ALT and press 0241 on the number pad to produce n's with tildes.

ρρρρρρρρρρρρρρρρρρρρ
Old December 4, 2002, 16:23   #11
jdjdjd
PtWDG RoleplayCivilization III Democracy Game
Prince

cool

ρρρρ
Old December 4, 2002, 16:53   #12
Arnelos
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG SarantiumCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

It's good to see that this was enjoyed
Old December 4, 2002, 17:16   #13
Hot Mustard
PtWDG RoleplayCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Monty Python
King

Quote:
Originally posted by ixnay37
Helpful hint: Hold ALT and press 0241 on the number pad to produce n's with tildes.

ρρρρρρρρρρρρρρρρρρρρ
I use ALT-164.

www.asciitable.com for those looking for more.
Old December 4, 2002, 17:44   #14
Zero
PtWDG Glory of WarInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG3 SpartansPtWDG2 Monkey
King

what will happen of pikesfan's death?

will further investigation report be published?
Old December 4, 2002, 17:52   #15
Hot Mustard
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Calc II
what will happen of pikesfan's death?

will further investigation report be published?
Do you think we have time to publish a report on every death? I myself have killed a dozen challengers for my position already, and none of them are even mentioned here. I suspect the only reason pikesfan's death was notably is because it wasn't like the rest of them in Madrid: plain cold murder or a duel.
Old December 4, 2002, 18:10   #16
OliverFA
PtWDG RoleplaySpanish CiversInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamNationStatesCiv4 SP Democracy Game
King

Quote:
Originally posted by ixnay37

ρρρρρρρρρρρρρρρρρρρρ
Or use a spanish keyboard :P

ρρρρρρρρρρρρρρρρρρρρρρρρρρρρ
Old December 4, 2002, 19:45   #17
History Guy
PtWDG RoleplayACDG Planet University of TechnologyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoAlpha Centauri Democracy GameApolyton Storywriters' GuildC4DG Gathering Storm
King

Senor Pikesfan, my good friend, was, I am sure, the victim of either murder by the Mitchells, or, what's worse, simple food poisoning, which would mean that all of his food could result in immediate death. This squid is thus bad, and so, once my trial is over (it cannot last long with this evidence I've uncovered in my defense), Senor Mitchell shall be tried for criminal neglect of his squids, or, if the proper evidence is retrieved...gasp...MOIDER!!!

Hernan de History Guy Calamari
Squid Baron

-- A MESSAGE FROM THUG--

WHAA?! Claiming to be Thug?! Look at me birthmark, ya crazy fooos, I am Thug! Do I needs ta ruff yas up?
Old December 4, 2002, 20:23   #18
Arnelos
Emperor

You guys would probably love to see History Guy's "Chronicles of Spain" thread on our internal forum. It's a thread History Guy set up for all of us to tell stories. It's gotten rather long already with everyone sharing stories. Personally, I like GK's the best - it's titled "Where's the Beef?"

This thread offers only a small sampling of what all's going on inside, as Togas said... there's just too much material to reproduce it all.

I suppose History Guy can put together his "Chronicles of Spain" thread and Pikesfan can put together his "Annals of Spain" thread once the PTW game is over and publish them out here for everyone's enjoyment. Until then, we'll re-publish summaries and tidbits of stuff (the more interesting or amusing ones) for general enjoyment
Old December 4, 2002, 23:41   #19
Aro
lifer
PtWDG Glory of WarC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering StormCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Local Time: 09:03
Quote:
Originally posted by oliverfa

Or use a spanish keyboard :P

ρρρρρρρρρρρρρρρρρρρρρρρρρρρρ
A brazilian keybord do the job, too. Como estαs, seρor oliverfa? (Did I spell this correctly? I did my grades in a Catholic Spanish school in my hometown, but my Spanish vanished from my mind... )
Old December 5, 2002, 04:12   #20
Meshelic
PtWDG Gathering StormCivilization III Democracy GameNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

wish my team had a roleplay thread.
Old December 5, 2002, 04:15   #21
Harovan
staff
PtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Monty PythonC4DG Gathering Storm
Civ4: Colonization Content Editor

Local Time: 13:03
Quote:
Originally posted by Meshelic
wish my team had a roleplay thread.
You're free to start one.
Old December 6, 2002, 06:55   #22
Meshelic
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Sir Ralph

You're free to start one.
Muwahaha and I have.

Now I need to find ppl to roleplay with
Old December 6, 2002, 06:57   #23
Meshelic
King

Quote:
Originally posted by UnOrthOdOx
Togas,

I wouldn't turn my back on this "most trusted advisor". I mean, just look at his avatar...you can practically see him plotting your demise behind that grin.
It's so funny it must be true!