Old December 4, 2002, 11:08   #1
UnOrthOdOx
PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG Glory of WarApolyton Storywriters' GuildIron CiversApolytoners Hall of FameC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GamePolyCast TeamC4DG The Mercenary TeamC4WDG The Goonies
Emperor

Local Time: 06:03
Local Date: November 1, 2010
I call for the impeachment of Thud as SMC
NOTE: THIS IS REALLY NOT MEANT FOR DISCUSSION, JUST TRYING TO REACH A JUDGE ASAP

I call for the impeachment of Thud as SMC on the grounds that he has not done his job, he has not been active, submitted orders, or attended chats.

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old December 4, 2002, 12:51   #2
Thud
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamNever Ending StoriesC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafC4BtSDG Templars
Prince

Local Time: 08:03
RE: Impeachment
AUG! I thought that was a PM! Sorry guys, classified information.

Last edited by Thud; December 4, 2002 at 13:06.
Old December 4, 2002, 13:04   #3
UnOrthOdOx
PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG Glory of WarApolyton Storywriters' GuildIron CiversApolytoners Hall of FameC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GamePolyCast TeamC4DG The Mercenary TeamC4WDG The Goonies
Emperor

Whether you resign, or the judges decide to bring you to trial, you will be removed from office in either case (while the case is in court, if I read that right) and Aggie will appoint an emergency replacement, so it should not affect any plans already made.

I thought of this earlier, but you had posted you were back and able to continue. I did nothing at the time because of that post. Still, that one post was over a week ago, and till now, I had not even seen you online since then.

Of anyone, I know the pressures of real life, I had to leave for a week myself during my stay as VP. At the same time, it is unfortunate that you were unable to secure a definitive deputy before your problems arose, or none of this would be neccessary.

This is nothing personal, and I have lost no respect for you as a person, but I believe that your removal, be it through resignation or impeachment, is in the best interest of the game while you are overwhelmed in RL.

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old December 5, 2002, 00:05   #4
Sean
Prince

Local Time: 12:03
This is awful skull-dugery! UnOrthOdOx should himself be banished for this malicious and time wasted action!
Old December 5, 2002, 00:10   #5
Aro
lifer
PtWDG Glory of WarC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering StormCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Local Time: 09:03
Quote:
Originally posted by Sean
This is awful skull-dugery! UnOrthOdOx should himself be banished for this malicious and time wasted action!
Is this a joke? I hope so.
If not... No way!
Old December 5, 2002, 00:29   #6
nz_upy
Warlord

Local Time: 12:03
Why should this not be a serious issue? Thud neglected his duties as SMC and didnt even have a deputy in place. This should be looked into. Is this a precedent or has the court ruled on this kind of thing before?
Old December 5, 2002, 00:41   #7
Arnelos
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG SarantiumCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 07:03
Quote:
4 While going through the impeachment process, the accused shall remain in control of his or her office, unless the Court has issued an injunction.
Thud will thus remain SMC (to the extent that he submits orders, as otherwise Aggie will serve as Acting SMC as he has) unless the Court issues such an injunction (which would be pending their finding that the impeachment holds "legal merit" due to a vote of at least 3 judges among themselves).

Quote:
3 Impeachable offenses
(a) An official may be impeached only if he or she has violated the Constitution or a law that was in place prior to the alleged violation.
Unorthodox, although I don't doubt that the case meets this criteria, it might help if you explicity laid out for the Court (and the public) which particular parts of the constitution or laws Thud has broken (I assume the line about chats being "timely and regular" or whatever, but there might be others as well (???) ).

I guess the Court will get to this when they get to it.
Old December 5, 2002, 09:42   #8
UnOrthOdOx
Emperor

As I stated, this was only to get ahold of the Court, it has served that purpose. Bringing up specifics would be done in the court case. This was not intended a debate thread. Someone lock this please.

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old December 5, 2002, 09:50   #9
UnOrthOdOx
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Sean
Take it up with the court, I am more than happy to defend my actions there.

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old December 5, 2002, 11:52   #10
Aggie
Civilization III PBEMPtWDG Glory of WarCivilization III Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumPtWDG2 TabemonoInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

I am locking this thread, this is now a court case and must be dealt with in court.
Old December 5, 2002, 17:35   #11
Aggie
Civilization III PBEMPtWDG Glory of WarCivilization III Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumPtWDG2 TabemonoInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

I have recieved this and am posting it at the request of the court
"Us justices are in the process of reviewing this situation. Please rest assured that this situation will not go unresolved. If you have any concerns that you feel are relevant to this situation, pleese feel free to PM myself or another justice. Unfortunately, we cannot discuss or provide any other information at this point.

Thank you for your cooperation and assistance.

Godking."