Old December 5, 2002, 00:32   #1
MosesPresley
Prince

Local Time: 07:06
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Sacrifice
I loved this game. I thought it was clever and had good strategy and action. The dialogue between the gods was pretty funny sometimes.

Anyone else played this?

I have played and finished all of the gods except for Deidre. I still have two more battles before I finish her campaign.
"In Italy for 30 years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed. But they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love. They had 500 years of democracy and peace. And what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."
—Orson Welles as Harry Lime
Old December 5, 2002, 01:30   #2
Sarxis
Rise of Nations MultiplayerAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMCTP2 Source Code ProjectCall to Power II MultiplayerCall to Power MultiplayerCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsGalCiv Apolyton Empire
Emperor

Local Time: 08:06
Love the game, but actually haven't played through all of it. Got into it late, after the fad and most of the gamers had passed on to other things. But you are right, it is a very engaging story, without taking itself too seriously.

Original style of RTS gameplay too.
Old December 5, 2002, 10:49   #3
DinoDoc
Civilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of Fame
Deity

I got stuck on one of the later missions. Awesome game though.
Blackwidow24 and FemmeAdonis fan club
Old December 5, 2002, 15:50   #4
MosesPresley
Prince

It is nice to see I am not the only Sacrifice player here. Some of the later missions can be very tough. If you can find a strategic spot to make your stand, it can go a lot smoother.
"In Italy for 30 years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed. But they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love. They had 500 years of democracy and peace. And what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."
Old December 5, 2002, 15:58   #5
DinoDoc
Civilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of Fame
Deity

How hard was The Crucible mission at the end? I never got that far.
Blackwidow24 and FemmeAdonis fan club
Old December 5, 2002, 19:22   #6
MosesPresley
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by DinoDoc
How hard was The Crucible mission at the end? I never got that far.
It depends on which god you are serving. Deidre, James, and Charnel were the hardest to finish the game with for me. Pyro was the easiest. Almost all of his spells were offensive and fairly powerful.

The Crucible isn't too tough, you just need to take the first mana fountain and the second one if you are really good, chain some guardians to it and wear the enemy down by stealing as many souls as you can after each attack wave. Then when you get enough souls, start marching your way around the mountain and mop Marduk's remnants up.

Once I finish with Deidre I'll get to see the last of the many endings. The last level is the same for all of the gods, but if I remember correctly, all of the gods offer you a choice at the end, so make sure you save your game to see the results of both choices.

Quote:
Originally posted by Anun Ik Oba
Love the game, but actually haven't played through all of it. Got into it late, after the fad and most of the gamers had passed on to other things. But you are right, it is a very engaging story, without taking itself too seriously.

Original style of RTS gameplay too.
Kind of like Battlezone for PC with freaks for units and zany gods for leaders. My favorite spell is James' "Bovine Intervention" your wizard launches a cow way up into the sky only to land it on your choice of enemy, immediately gibbing the hapless victim. Can you say MP and the Holy Graily?! The death (a giant grim reaper walking the battlefield), volcano (huge) and tornado (again huge) spells were awesome and I particularly liked Charnel's wailing wall of death.

My favorite unit was Pyro's Man o War. They looked like refugees from the Blue Meanies battle in the Yellow Submarine. When they died, they would scream, "I'm hit."

Good stuff.

Last edited by MosesPresley; December 5, 2002 at 19:30.