Old December 5, 2002, 04:54   #1
Arnelos
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG SarantiumCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 07:07
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Stories From Madrid - Trial Update!
STORIES FROM MADRID - TRIAL UPDATE!

(NOTE: This posting is an official posting on behalf of the Roleplay Team. It is made with the blessing of His Grace, Togas, the Supreme Leader of Iberia.)

The storytellers and bards have been sent forth from Iberia and their tales reach across to distant lands who may enjoy to hear a thing or two about events in our new town...

Read on if you are one of those interested in such events.

------------------------------------------------

Supreme Leader Togas Announces Last Advisor Post

His Grace, Togas, has filled the last open advisor post by announcing that Señor Astronicus (astrologix) will be our tribe's Chief Architect. As with all edicts of His Grace, it was ended with the words:

Quote:
This is the Word of Togas and it shall be done.
TRIAL UPDATE! TOGAS ANNOUNCES HIS DECISION!

From the mouth of the Supreme Leader himself...

Quote:
Originally posted by Togas
I have heard enough in this matter!

I will not have any counter "charges" or other complicated nonsense added to this debacle. It is clear to me that Thug is an idiot, not a well educated slave as Señor Mitchell claims. Señor Calamari states clearly that he wouldn't trust Thug as far as he could throw him and I certainly do not trust the word of this slave.

A slave is property. That property has not been lost and therefore there has been no loss to anyone save me for having to hear this complaint.

However, I do not find that Señor Calamari was without fault as he is the one who plainly admits to throwing Thug into the water and down the waterfall.

I find that Thug is at fault for hiding himself from his master and causing this pointless stir.

I find that Señor Mitchell is at fault for having bad calamari that killed Señor Pikesfan.

THEREFORE, The following is my ruling on this matter:

For my amusement and for the amusement of us all, the slave Thug will be thrown BACK into the river to ride over the edge of that very waterfall. Should he survive the trip, Señor Calamari will give one day's worth of profits from his Calamari sales to Señor Mitchell.

And should he survive the trip, he shall be thrown in AGAIN the following day. Again, if he survives that day, Señor Calamari shall pay Señor Mitchell one day's profits.

This shall be repeated for up to SEVEN times. Each time, the same rules apply.

Should he survive all seven trips, he shall be returned to his master Señor Mitchell to do with as he pleases.

All citizens are invited to watch these tossings and to make wagers on the results. Furthermore, a festival will be held that will continue on a nightly basis for as long as the slave Thug survives his trip.

At the end of the festival Señor Mitchell shall pay for a giant feast in honor of Señor Pikesfan that will be presided over by our High Priest. Señor Mitchell shall make great offerings to the spirit of the man and to the spirits of his family in accordance with the instructions of the High Priest.

So it is said. So it shall be done.

--Togas
Plans for Thug-Tossing Festival Underway

In accordance with the will of His Grace, Togas, plans are underway for a grand festival to toss the slave Thug BACK into the river each day to see if he survives and throw him in the succeeding day should he survive the previous! Many citizens of the tribe eagerly anticipate the chance to be present for this wondrous celebration! At the conclusion of the entire festival will be a grand feast sponsored by Señor Mitchell, who will undoubtedly have some extra funds on hand for the occassion after being paid the daily profits of Señor Calamari's estate while the festival lasts.

While Señor Calamari has stated that he will comply with the will of Togas, these were his next words regarding the upcoming festival:

Quote:
Originally posted by History Guy
I trust the spirits whom favor me so much shall look kindly upon me and take as sacrifice the said property of Senor Mitchell. (OOC/ In other words, I'd hope Thug just sinks on the first day and we get this one over with! OOC)
We will just have to see how long the slave Thug lasts!

Last edited by Arnelos; December 5, 2002 at 04:59.
Old December 5, 2002, 05:04   #2
Arnelos
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG SarantiumCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

That post by Togas was just too funny for me to summarize it and ruin its authentic humor
Old December 5, 2002, 14:23   #3
Arnelos
Emperor

*bump*

It's obvious that most people didn't notice this thread...
Old December 5, 2002, 14:51   #4
Hot Mustard
PtWDG RoleplayCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Monty Python
King

Local Time: 08:07

I noticed it, but nothing new to me.

I hope everyone appreciates your efforts and these small samples of entertainment our team provides. Maybe we can get some defectors that want to have more fun with the game...Meshelic?
Old December 5, 2002, 15:30   #5
Arnelos
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by dejon

I hope everyone appreciates your efforts and these small samples of entertainment our team provides. Maybe we can get some defectors that want to have more fun with the game...Meshelic?
Unfortunately, I believe we'd turn away any "defectors" even if there were any... you see, there's no way to know whether a so-called "defector" was sincere... There's also the matter that it understandably damage relations with the team they came from... and we certainly don't want to needlessly damage relations with the other teams
Old December 5, 2002, 17:01   #6
Panzer32
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC4DG VoxInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 SunshinePtWDG2 Monty PythonPtWDG2 MonkeyPtWDG2 Latin LoversPtWDG2 Cake or Death?PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Glory of War
Emperor

Great! I'd hate to be a slave in your country, though...
Proud Member of the ISDG Apolyton Team; Member #2 in the Apolyton Yact Club.
King of Trafalgar and Lord of all Isolationia in the Civ III PTW Glory of War team.
---------
May God Bless.
Old December 5, 2002, 18:33   #7
History Guy
PtWDG RoleplayACDG Planet University of TechnologyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoAlpha Centauri Democracy GameApolyton Storywriters' GuildC4DG Gathering Storm
King

Local Time: 06:07

Last edited by History Guy; December 5, 2002 at 20:15.
Old December 5, 2002, 18:41   #8
Meshelic
PtWDG Gathering StormCivilization III Democracy GameNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 04:07
Quote:
Originally posted by dejon

Nice try but my loyalties are firmly planted in the Gathering Storm. I WILL however, be starting a roleplay thread for my team (and if no one joins it then I get to make up all our stories, yay!).

I like how you guys are establishing your own history. It's great.
Old December 5, 2002, 20:04   #9
Arnelos
Emperor

Quote:
though it is suggested that it was an act of the spirits in response to his prayers on behalf of Senor Calamari.
Foul spirits indeed to have acted to thwart the will of His Grace, Togas. That you prayed to them to obtain this precise outcome is very troubling indeed... This is an atrocity of the highest order...

Furthermore, as requested on the internal forum, you should have checked any "news" statement with Togas before publishing it out here... Perhaps you did so, but it would seem that you did not

I pity that I will not be present over the next several days to take part in the proceedings that will certainly come forth from this.

This situation will be handled internally... I suppose we will provide some sort of public summary of events after it is concluded. (stay tuned, folks...).
Old December 5, 2002, 20:22   #10
Panzer32
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC4DG VoxInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 SunshinePtWDG2 Monty PythonPtWDG2 MonkeyPtWDG2 Latin LoversPtWDG2 Cake or Death?PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Glory of War
Emperor

Wow, can I come from my embassy to watch the public hanging? Or are you going to throw him over a waterfall?
King of Trafalgar and Lord of all Isolationia in the Civ III PTW Glory of War team.
---------
May God Bless.
Old December 5, 2002, 20:25   #11
Meshelic
PtWDG Gathering StormCivilization III Democracy GameNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

I'll bet one of my finest cattle that Senor Mitchell will survive the waterfall at least once.

Panzer32, would you like to join me in that bet?

We could have an international gambling ring....
Old December 5, 2002, 20:29   #12
History Guy
PtWDG RoleplayACDG Planet University of TechnologyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoAlpha Centauri Democracy GameApolyton Storywriters' GuildC4DG Gathering Storm
King

Senor Arnelos,

I believe that this is now taken care of, as everything has been removed (I did not know that a trial was planned, and honestly did not know not to erase the stuff. I apologize if my action was wrong).

My father, Hernan, has left the country to become a wandering philosopher. He is tired of the madness of civilization, and seeks the truth. I am now head of El Squid Company, and I fear that I shall lose my head for it.

(OOC, I am really very sorry for all this. I will leave the Roleplay Team, and the game, if that is necessary).
Old December 5, 2002, 21:46   #13
Togas
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 SunshineC3CDG The Lost BoysC4DG The Mercenary TeamPtWDG RoleplayC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

History Guy himself will not be punished. He didn't break any pre-existing rules. We're still hashing out some of the limitations to the roleplaying that takes place in our strange little world.

But his character is in for the ride of his life.

Quote:
Originally posted by Panzer32
Or are you going to throw him over a waterfall?
Bingo!

--Togas
Heir to the lost throne of Spain of the Roleplay Team in the PTW Democracy Multiplayer Team Game.
Old December 5, 2002, 22:21   #14
Zero
PtWDG Glory of WarInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG3 SpartansPtWDG2 Monkey
King

has pikesfan's death been investigated? or should i not be reminding you guys of such incident? Are you treating as it never happened? Boy the censorship is tight in the land of Roleplay!
Old December 5, 2002, 22:38   #15
mrmitchell
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayCall to Power Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamNationStatesPtWDG2 Tabemono
King

Quote:
(OOC, I am really very sorry for all this. I will leave the Roleplay Team, and the game, if that is necessary).
OOC: No, don't leave!!! You've caused a good 1/3 of all the RPing that is going on right now. No hard feelings. But, as Grand Despot Togas said, your character is in for the ride of your life.

Really though, you need not leave the team, not at all. I'd be sad if you did. (That probably did not sound right, but continuing...)

If you want to restart your entire clan or something, feel free to do so. (Check with Grand Despot Togas first. )

And BTW, why should you be sorry for anything? You did throw Thug, and pray to the evil spirits, but I started the thread where it happened.
Old December 5, 2002, 23:33   #16
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Quote:
Does this mean History Guy is a free agent?

Let the Bidding War begin!
Old December 5, 2002, 23:39   #17
Panzer32
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Meshelic
I'll bet one of my finest cattle that Senor Mitchell will survive the waterfall at least once.

Panzer32, would you like to join me in that bet?
I prefer a twist; how about we send in your finest cow after Senor Mitchell?

I bet that your cattle will be hamburger by the second trip over the waterfall :cowturningintohamburgerwhilefallingdownawaterfall :

edit: nuts, they don't have that smiley; I'm sure I saw it in the list somewhere...

If the cow is hamburger, I get to eat the hamburger. If the cow is intact, You get one free nice looking brochure printed by the Glory of War Foreign Consulate that has my name printed all over the front in gold lettering on a red background.

Secure the deal with an internet handshake. I give a thumbs up, and you give a thumbs down. Here's my half:

---------
May God Bless.
Old December 6, 2002, 04:40   #18
Meshelic
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Panzer32

I prefer a twist; how about we send in your finest cow after Senor Mitchell?

I bet that your cattle will be hamburger by the second trip over the waterfall :cowturningintohamburgerwhilefallingdownawaterfall :

edit: nuts, they don't have that smiley; I'm sure I saw it in the list somewhere...

If the cow is hamburger, I get to eat the hamburger. If the cow is intact, You get one free nice looking brochure printed by the Glory of War Foreign Consulate that has my name printed all over the front in gold lettering on a red background.

Secure the deal with an internet handshake. I give a thumbs up, and you give a thumbs down. Here's my half:

How about I sweeten the deal just a little bit and send one of my finest donkeys (or what I like to call asses) over as well. If it too becomes "burger" by the end of the 2nd trip down, you may also eat the donkey. But before you eat, I get to say "why don't you get a big spoon so you can eat my ass?" Now, should the horse crumple BEFORE or AFTER the 2nd trip down, you get to make me eat the ass, erm "donkey" and you get to repeat the same line to me. Deal?

Old December 6, 2002, 09:31   #19
Panzer32
Emperor

Deal
---------
May God Bless.
Old December 6, 2002, 10:01   #20
statusperfect
King

Local Time: 14:07
How do you remain competitive while roleplaying?
Old December 6, 2002, 15:55   #21
History Guy
King

Yeah! Do the competition with Senor Hernan...

But...this time, I want to have Senor Mitchell pay me if I survive...ahahahahaha!

And hey, that's true...nothing has been done to avenge the murder of Pikesfan. Senor Mitchell technically should also be in for some punishment!
Old December 6, 2002, 16:16   #22
Togas
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 SunshineC3CDG The Lost BoysC4DG The Mercenary TeamPtWDG RoleplayC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by statusperfect
How do you remain competitive while roleplaying?
We've very competative. We have rival squid merchants and a whole mess of "noble" families vieing for good jobs and the favor of the despot. Not only that, our High Priest is overworked with requests by the people for prayers to or favors from the spirits. Our people may not be industrious, militeristic, expansionistic, or particularly scientific, but we're DEFINATELY commercial and religious.

But if you mean competing with the other civs, we don't really worry about that now. All we're doing is hitting ENTER and emailing off the save.

Also, we have yet to meet any competators. We'll see if our attitudes change as the game moves on.

--Togas
Heir to the lost throne of Spain of the Roleplay Team in the PTW Democracy Multiplayer Team Game.
Old December 6, 2002, 17:08   #23
Meshelic
King

Panzer32 and I will be requiring a witness to well, witness our bet in the upcoming "Human/Cow/Ass Waterfall Toss Survivor Game."

May I ask that his lordship Togas approve to send his assistant um, Arnelos (forgot the roleplay name, doh!) as a witness to our bet, and to report back to the betting parties the results of our bet, as since we are both foreigners we both may not be able to attend the Tossing in person.

(I hope you let foreigners bet on your land, hmm?)
Old December 6, 2002, 17:28   #24
Togas
Emperor

My Most Trusted Advisor will send forth the story and results from our forthcoming Festival which begins this evening. Unfortunately, until we have Embassies established and actual ambassadors living amongst us to participate in character in our daily events, we won't have the cow/ass tossing as a part of this event.

Right now, only events that occur in our thread are a part of our accepted roleplayed history.

However, if we have actual embassies built between our nations, we'll allow some leeway for your ambassadors to affect our roleplay ... and we welcome their participation in our day to day lives.

Until then, only your official messages via your ambassadors will be considered by our "characters" in our nation.

--Togas
Old December 6, 2002, 18:44   #25
Meshelic
King

Awwww that's lame.

oh well.
Old December 7, 2002, 00:54   #26
ThePlagueRat
PtWDG RoleplayCTP2 Source Code ProjectACDG Peace
King

Local Time: 13:07
I'm looking forward to this festival.

I think my brother-in-law, Don Plagiãtes, is coming to town.
He talked about bringing some "heavy shoes" to put upon certain peoples feet.
Well, its one helluva family!
I just hope everything will turn out peacefully...