Old December 27, 2002, 12:11   #61
DarkCloud
staff
NationStatesAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildAge of Nations TeamApolytoners Hall of Fame

Local Time: 12:07
Local Date: November 1, 2010
If that's true, then why don't you call it "empathy" vs. "industry" or something of that sort? To further clairfy that the University doesn't understand the planet or growing things and that the Gaians/Cult do.

..Any other help you need?
Old December 27, 2002, 14:58   #62
Pandemoniak
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
King

Location: of Xanadu, Scottish Section of the Apolyton Must Crush Capitalism Party
empathy cs industry sounds good, ill think about it. Im gonna try to find some questions in that field, and see how it fits in...
Old January 9, 2003, 09:39   #63
Pandemoniak
King

Location: of Xanadu, Scottish Section of the Apolyton Must Crush Capitalism Party
I think that instead of trying to put people in categories, we'd better use simply the location on the 6scales compass (axis x, y and z, colour, radiance and number), and use the distance of other factions as other informations.

Maybe, as well, we could simply "reverse" the sovereignty value : meaning a minus score would be strong nationalism, while a positive score would be a rather open minded ideology. The Sovereignty value being represented by the aura, it would be a sphere in the compass, and thus a person who tests the political compass would be able to be in several auras at the same time.
ie : IF d(TESTER, FACTION) =< Faction Sovereignty THEN Tester can be included in FACTION.

I hope its clear enough.
Old January 9, 2003, 17:06   #64
lucky22
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameApolyton Storywriters' Guild
Prince

As long as our questions measure what they are supposed to be measuring, the distance will work fine. The advanced techniques that have been brought up here and in the e-mail discussion are most appropriately used for such a purpose, anyway. Basic reliability testing. I'll try to come up with some questions, and I'm sure others have them as well.
Old January 31, 2003, 14:26   #65
lucky22
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameApolyton Storywriters' Guild
Prince

bump! I spoke with Gerard- he wants to know about our progress... I've barely lifted a finger on writing questions and fitting them to our factors...

Furthermore, if we use 10 factors measured by (say) 125 individual questionnaire items and have an N of 35, if we are fortunate, then we are going to have trouble establishing validity for our measures. We will have a good start, though.
Old February 1, 2003, 07:53   #66
Pandemoniak
King

I have written a few questions, but I'd like to do a little more and will post them during the week