Old June 20, 2000, 05:08   #1
Fiji
Chieftain

Local Time: 01:44
Local Date: October 31, 2010
paradigm economy?
can someone please tell me what a paradigm economy is good for?
the manual is pretty silent in that area.

also, I've just capured Yang and got a message that my people were interrogating him.

Is that just flavour text or is there a purpose to this interrogation?

Old June 20, 2000, 06:30   #2
Velociryx
staff
PtWDG Gathering StormApolytoners Hall of FameC4DG Gathering StormThe Courts of Candle'Bre

Common misconception: A +4 economy means that you won't lose any energy in your bases. I know when I started playing, I was held by that same misconception....but sadly, not true.

What it does do for you though, is allow you to change your SE allocations between Economy and Labs to whatever percentages you like, without losing any energy to inefficient allocations.

To test this, try adjusting your labs to 100% while running frontier everything. You'll notice something close to a 40% loss of energy.

Now do the same thing when you are running with a +4 Effie. No loss.

-=Vel=-
Old June 20, 2000, 06:40   #3
joer
Prince

Replace economy in Vel's first sentence with efficiency and you got it. (me <-- smartass) ;-)

As far as I can tell, efficiency is good for three things:
1) minimizing the loss when lab and economic allocation are too far apart
2) allowing you to build more bases without causing additional drones
3) loosing less energy due to inefficiency when your bases are far apart from the HQ.

1) is completely eliminated when eff is +4. The other values are very good with +4, but if they are higher than +4, it's even better(especially for big factions with lots of bases, obviously).

As far as I can tell, the interrogation is just a flavor for saying that the faction is eliminated by you and has not restarted. Hearing the scream of your enemy is just a nice reward for long hours of leading a war.
In ACX with the patches, it also means that you keep him safe and that another faction can free him with probe teams.

Another term that's not explained in the manual, but is incredibly important is population boom (+6 growth): It means that, if a base has at least 2 extra nutrients, it will grow by one size in that turn, regardless if its food tanks are filled up or not.
-joer.