Old March 21, 2003, 08:14   #121
Drogue
staff
Alpha Centauri PBEMNationStatesACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 SpartansACDG3 MorganACDG3 Data AngelsPolyCast TeamC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNsACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Apolyton Knight (Off-Topic Co-Moderator)

Local Time: 12:09
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by Cedayon
The Pholus Mutagen is earmarked for Akiria (specifically Aurora), though it needs to be officially polled.

Who polls? Governor or DIA. What if two Governors poll for the same one?

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker
Old March 21, 2003, 12:42   #122
Cedayon
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
King

Local Time: 07:09
I believe the bit in the constitution says the governor makes the poll... I made the poll for the CF because there were multiple regions involved (to avoid the "two governors posting a poll" situation)... if it's not contested, I give the go-ahead for the governor who made the request to post the poll... Whoever's acting as gov of Akiria (since Herc is apparently really on leave now) may feel free to poll the construction of the Pholus Mutagen in any Akirian base.
Old March 21, 2003, 15:15   #123
Maniac
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyPolyCast TeamACDG3 Spartans

Local Time: 14:09
Cedayon, could I please urge you to organize polls about a sea region and Hive region?
Old March 21, 2003, 18:31   #124
Cedayon
King

I've been asking for input on those for a bit now... poll whether or not they should be created, or what bases they should include (ie should the FWS bases be part of the sea region), or what to name the regions? Or all of that?
Old March 21, 2003, 19:30   #125
Cedayon
King

A recent -gram from TKG:
Quote:
now, we have 3 SPs to build: Living Refinery, Nano Factory, and Cloning Vats. i propose you make a BIG poll with these 3 projects in our 4 biggest mineral bases (DEM, Suez, Apolyton, UNPD). something like:

-DEM builds living refinery
-DEM builds Nano Factory
-DEM builds Cloning Vats
-DEM builds nothing
-New Apolyton builds living refinery
-...for rest of projects
-for rest of bases/projects

that way we can get all the projects done in 1 big poll. unless that has some flaw that i'm not seeing or archaic/GT and Voltaire don't want their bases building projects.

...and if not, i guess i can let ZG or Xan do it, but i don't think we'll have a problem
The Pholus Mutagen is also upcoming, but the gov (or the acting gov) of Akiria can deal with that since only Akiria has expressed interest in that SP.

What do you all think of posting a big poll as TKG suggests? Which bases should be considered?

(note: as you all have probably figured out, the promptness of my polling things is directly proportional to the amount of input I get in response to my asking these questions )
Old March 21, 2003, 20:10   #126
GeneralTacticus
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMPtWDG RoleplayNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 23:09
To TKG's proposed poll.
Old March 22, 2003, 09:41   #127
Maniac
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyPolyCast TeamACDG3 Spartans

Quote:
I've been asking for input on those for a bit now... poll whether or not they should be created, or what bases they should include (ie should the FWS bases be part of the sea region), or what to name the regions? Or all of that?
Well for the sea region a poll with the choice whether or whether not to create the region, and if the answer on the first question is to do it, ask what bases it should contain, with the options you wrote before. For a Hive region, just ask whether or not we should create a region with the first five (?) liberated land bases. As we don't yet know which bases those will be (unless MWIA is hiding some masterplan ), there's nothing more you can ask.
Old March 23, 2003, 01:17   #128
Cedayon
King

Well, I'm trying to get data on how much energy each square of the energy park produces, but whenever I try to see it (either by clicking the info box to bring up the nut/min/energy info or by moving a crawler over and pressing O to see how much can be crawled) SMAC crashes. This is rather odd, as I don't think I've had SMAC actually crash during all my involvement in this demo game. In any case, I'll be trying again later.

Quick (relatively) update on internal affairs:

-We had an energy crash (yes, another one... those responsible for our repeated energy crashes will be found and... turned over to TKG ), causing the loss of an enormous pile of cash. Our current reserves are 1767ecs and our current net income is 1253 ecs/turn.

-We've officially achieved the 2 turns per tech status we've so long aspired to, thanks in no small part to the construction of the ToE in Concordia.

-We put 17 (!) energy satts in orbit, and launched an additional 3 (I think) nut satts to make a total of 11. 1 more energy satt and 7 more nut satts will make for optimum orbital facilities, until we get min satts (or hab domes, and my oh my will interesting things happen to our income when we get those).

-The Cloning Vats, Living Refinery, and Nano Factory are all available for construction. Govs, feel free to sign up for these. JV can handle 1 of these with little trouble (or 2, if really necessary, and probably all 3 if the underworld were to have a cold spell and nobody else helped), but I think that the industry and crawlers exist to put them anywhere.

-The energy park, or rather all that I had plans for, was completed north of Solaris *cue thunderous applause for our environmental engineering corps and for the commissioner who had to move each and every one of our insane number of formers by hand*

I'm gonna go get to posting those new region polls so Maniac doesn't kill me
Old March 23, 2003, 08:58   #129
Maniac

Quote:
Well, I'm trying to get data on how much energy each square of the energy park produces, but whenever I try to see it (either by clicking the info box to bring up the nut/min/energy info or by moving a crawler over and pressing O to see how much can be crawled) SMAC crashes. This is rather odd, as I don't think I've had SMAC actually crash during all my involvement in this demo game. In any case, I'll be trying again later.
The first (and as a consequence also last) time I built an energy park in a SP game, my game always crashed too when I moved my cursor over a square of the energy park. This cannot be a coincidence. Does anyone know the reason for this??
Old March 23, 2003, 23:51   #130
Cedayon
King

Just checking: the only poll I'm aware I need to post is for the Secret Projects (the LR, the NF, and the Vats) and where they should be built... is there anything else I need to be polling for the next turnchat?
Old March 24, 2003, 04:09   #131
Maniac

The names for new regions is for a next DIA I suppose.(?)
Old March 24, 2003, 16:23   #132
Cedayon
King

If I get enough suggestions for the sea region name (and/or the hive region name), I'll start the name poll(s) as soon as the results get in on whether the regions in question should be formed.
Old March 28, 2003, 12:34   #133
Cedayon
King

btw, good news, while I was doing orders I tried crawling energy with one of Concordia's nut crawlers, and it worked without the game crashing
Old March 28, 2003, 12:59   #134
Cedayon
King

Also, here's the plan (so far) regarding secret projects, assuming the SP polls don't change significantly.

Cloning Vats: New Apolyton
The Nano Factory: DEM
The Living Refinery: DEM (or New Suez, depending on how democratic we want to be)

and the SPs we're likely to be able to build during the chat:
The Universal Translator: I volunteer Concordia, as it is appropriate for our main science base, but if someone else wants it that's fine with me (no base-specific bonuses involved).
The Pholus Mutagen: Aurora (Akiria in general, but I recall the request being for Aurora specifically)
The Dream Twister: UNPD (TKG wanted to build either the Translator or the Twister in UNPD)

Hmm, it also looks like we might be able to build the Network Backbone (for which I would recommend Concordia), but I forgot to poll it

Note that JV will be producing crawlers almost exclusively this turnchat, for the purpose of insta-building as many of these projects as possible.

Thoughts, anyone?

Last edited by Cedayon; March 28, 2003 at 13:45.
Old March 28, 2003, 21:18   #135
Drogue
staff
Alpha Centauri PBEMNationStatesACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 SpartansACDG3 MorganACDG3 Data AngelsPolyCast TeamC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNsACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Apolyton Knight (Off-Topic Co-Moderator)

Local Time: 12:09
Like it. Aurora is right for the Pholus Mutagen. I would go for both DEM SPs, just to be democratic (or at least poll if people want both built there or not). It's one thing not to poll, it's another to go against a conducted poll.

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker
Old March 29, 2003, 08:20   #136
Maniac

Quote:
btw, good news, while I was doing orders I tried crawling energy with one of Concordia's nut crawlers, and it worked without the game crashing
How do you mean? Did you crawl energy on or off the energy park? If it's off, the problem isn't solved at all.
Old March 29, 2003, 12:03   #137
Cedayon
King

I was crawling on the energy park.