Old December 6, 2002, 13:19   #1
CiverDan
Civilization III MultiplayerPtWDG Lux InvictaInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Roleplay
Prince

Local Time: 07:12
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Another mega turn chat?
Do we plan on holding another turn chat like last weekend at some point in an attempt to play mulitple turns in one day during the weekend?
Old December 6, 2002, 13:31   #2
Borc
Civilization III PBEMPtWDG Neu Demogyptica
Warlord

Local Time: 13:12
i think we only need to play a little bit faster... we dont need a chat for this... at the moment we need about 36 hours for 1 turn...
Old December 6, 2002, 13:34   #3
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Local Time: 06:12
Yes, I think we are doing pretty well speed wise, and it would be hard to schedule a time when every team would be available (although this time period when I have just posted seems the best). I know I have commitments this weekend.
Old December 6, 2002, 13:38   #4
flash9286
Rise of Nations Multiplayer
King

Local Time: 08:12
i dont think were doing well speed wise, this is boring. I predict half the memeber will be non-active by mid jan
Old December 6, 2002, 13:40   #5
Jon Shafer
PtWDG RoleplayPtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG Neu DemogypticaInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG LegolandPtWDG Vox ControliPtWDG Glory of WarPtWDG2 SunshineApolyton UniversityC3CDG Desolation RowApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV CreatorsC4DG SarantiumApolyCon 06 ParticipantsPtWDG Lux Invicta
Firaxis Games Programmer/Designer

Did anyone (who is familiar with demo games and PBEM) expect this game to go any faster than it is? I thought it would be going a lot slower, personally.
Old December 6, 2002, 13:40   #6
Borc
Civilization III PBEMPtWDG Neu Demogyptica
Warlord

Quote:
Originally posted by flash9286
i dont think were doing well speed wise, this is boring. I predict half the memeber will be non-active by mid jan
would be bad for your small team...
but we will not have that problem here
Old December 6, 2002, 13:48   #7
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Quote:
The beginning is always slow and boring, even in sigle player games. It will liven up when we get more units and cities to play with.
Old December 6, 2002, 13:52   #8
flash9286
Rise of Nations Multiplayer
King

maybe ill drop out and come back in Feburary
Old December 6, 2002, 13:54   #9
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Deity

Quote:
maybe ill drop out and come back in Feburary
I think UberKrux decided to hibernate until we have a city for him to rule over.

Or is he still in his room...........
Old December 7, 2002, 05:47   #10
BigFurryMonster
PtWDG2 SunshineC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC3CDG Team BabylonInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by GhengisFarb
The beginning is always slow and boring, even in sigle player games. It will liven up when we get more units and cities to play with.
True, but in SP, you can skip through the boring part fast.

After 30 turns or so, we should be able to calculate an end date for this pretty accurately.
Old December 10, 2002, 01:26   #11
ZargonX
PtWDG LegolandInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG3 MorganC4DG SarantiumCiv4 SP Democracy GameApolyCon 06 ParticipantsBtS Tri-LeagueApolyton UniversityPtWDG2 TabemonoC4WDG Huygen's Union
Emperor

Hah! BFM: just noticed your sig! You better believe those are famous last words...
Old December 10, 2002, 01:47   #12
Wittlich
lifer
Call to Power II MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersCivilization III PBEMPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III Democracy GameCiv4 SP Democracy GameC3CDG EuphoricaIron CiversCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG United Dungeon DwellersDiploGamesC4BtSDG TemplarsPolyCast Team
Deity

Local Time: 05:12
The current speed of the game is exactly what I expected of a PBEM game, but not to worry Flash, the game will get more interesting as time goes by.

Note: I was going to use the winking smiley - but I like how the naughty smiley's hat moves with his eyebrows!
Old December 12, 2002, 15:30   #13
Jon Shafer
PtWDG RoleplayPtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG Neu DemogypticaInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG LegolandPtWDG Vox ControliPtWDG Glory of WarPtWDG2 SunshineApolyton UniversityC3CDG Desolation RowApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV CreatorsC4DG SarantiumApolyCon 06 ParticipantsPtWDG Lux Invicta

It would be nice to play another turnchat, to see if we can get things to go more slowly. Next weekend for most of the daytime I'll be online (studying) in case anyone decides it's a good idea.
Old December 12, 2002, 18:08   #14
Panzer32
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC4DG VoxInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 SunshinePtWDG2 Monty PythonPtWDG2 MonkeyPtWDG2 Latin LoversPtWDG2 Cake or Death?PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Glory of War
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Wittlich
Note: I was going to use the winking smiley - but I like how the naughty smiley's hat moves with his eyebrows!
The naughty's smile doesn't do that anymore!!! What happened???
Proud Member of the ISDG Apolyton Team; Member #2 in the Apolyton Yact Club.
King of Trafalgar and Lord of all Isolationia in the Civ III PTW Glory of War team.
---------
May God Bless.
Old December 12, 2002, 18:12   #15
Jon Shafer

Yeah, that was my favorite smiley.
Old December 12, 2002, 18:44   #16
mrmitchell
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayCall to Power Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamNationStatesPtWDG2 Tabemono
King

It was my favorite smiley too.

And I just noticed your avatar, Trip-LOL

As for a megachat, come right on in!
Old December 12, 2002, 20:32   #17
Jon Shafer

You just noticed my avatar?

So what do people think about another mega-chat?
Old December 12, 2002, 21:13   #18
Spiffor
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG LegolandApolytoners Hall of Fame

Local Time: 14:12
I agree, if it is carefully planned, and if teams have 1-2 whole days to prepare to it, in order to avoid unpreparation causing slowdowns during the chat.
We must also find a common schedule with at least two responsibles for each team (so that the game isn't blocked if somebody cannot make it dor any reason)
Old December 12, 2002, 22:32   #19
notyoueither
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

I think the idea of mega chats becomes less possible as the turns progress. So we get 40 or 50 people together for it, then two teams make contact, then 30 or 40 of us are waiting around for a significant period of time while negotiations are conducted and the teams make decisions as to trade or not to trade, war or not to war...

It just doesn't seem very practical to me at this point.
Old December 12, 2002, 23:43   #20
Jon Shafer

If the teams go to the chat prepared (i.e. with all members available and the team rep able to make decisions on the spot), then I don't see why it wouldn't work.
Old December 13, 2002, 00:34   #21
notyoueither
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Right. You just paused for 18 or 20 hours for a major decision. What would that do for the mega chat?
Old December 13, 2002, 00:54   #22
mrmitchell
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayCall to Power Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamNationStatesPtWDG2 Tabemono
King

NYE: It would kill it.

However, during the time, the teams could bond together...or maybe just see who can disinfo/psych out each other the most

Truthfully, that's where I see most megachats going in the future: disinfo-fests
Old December 13, 2002, 00:55   #23
Jon Shafer

We had a reason that would have been eliminated if it had been the situation that I'm talking about.
Old December 14, 2002, 23:40   #24
Admiral PJ
PtWDG Lux Invicta
Prince

Local Time: 12:12
yeah,mega turn chat would be great,
how about 15 turns in a mega chat as a warm up?
with a time limit or a member gets banned from their forum

I started a Moderated IRC channel, #PTWdemo
its useful for us irc demoers to meet up for communications, all +v's could be demoteam members.
Trip will probably be opped there most the time too.