Old December 6, 2002, 16:05   #1
UnOrthOdOx
PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG Glory of WarApolyton Storywriters' GuildIron CiversApolytoners Hall of FameC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GamePolyCast TeamC4DG The Mercenary TeamC4WDG The Goonies
Emperor

Local Time: 06:12
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Term 7 Nomination Thread
With the elections starting in 6 days, figured it was about time to get one of these up. Ill update this with the candidates.

Candidates

President:

Arnelos

Supreme Military Commander:

Civfan01
Meshelic
E_T

Foreign Affairs Minister:

Maniac Star Seed

Domestic Minister:

Spiffor

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Last edited by UnOrthOdOx; December 12, 2002 at 13:23.
Old December 6, 2002, 16:39   #2
GodKing
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC3CDG The Lost BoysCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Emperor

Local Time: 08:12
Thanks. I was going to do this this weekend.......

As long as I could figure a way to hump myself, I would be OK with that
--Con
Old December 6, 2002, 17:02   #3
UnOrthOdOx
PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG Glory of WarApolyton Storywriters' GuildIron CiversApolytoners Hall of FameC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GamePolyCast TeamC4DG The Mercenary TeamC4WDG The Goonies
Emperor

Is this a court job now? Or is it still kinda just whoever?

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old December 6, 2002, 19:18   #4
GodKing
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC3CDG The Lost BoysCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Emperor

The court is supposed to preside over elections, but IIRC it does not specify.

As long as I could figure a way to hump myself, I would be OK with that
--Con
Old December 6, 2002, 19:51   #5
Meshelic
PtWDG Gathering StormCivilization III Democracy GameNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 04:12
I considered briefly running for SMC or Foreign Minister, but geez, there's too many hurdles to have to jump through, not to mention that evil document called the NewCon, and all the beauracratic garbage it has heaped upon all of us.

2 terms ago I would have loved to be a part of the government, but the way things work in the Demo game now, it feels like all the fun has been completely sucked out of the game. There's no more room for mistakes, or roleplaying, or party politics. only room for laws, laws and more laws. Less is more, in my opinion.

Ok I'll stop complaining.
It's amazing though, to think of all that's happened. After having a huge population for such a long time, it only took ONE new constitution and ONE new holiday to completely destroy most people's interest in this Demo game. What a shame.
Old December 6, 2002, 20:26   #6
E_T
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3CDG Team BabylonC4DG SarantiumCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

And one new game....

E_T
Old December 6, 2002, 22:09   #7
nz_upy
Warlord

Local Time: 12:12
SMC - roadcage
FAM - Adamada
DM - UnOrthOdOx
Old December 6, 2002, 22:15   #8
E_T
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3CDG Team BabylonC4DG SarantiumCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Hmmm, maybe I should......Naw.....

E_T
Old December 6, 2002, 22:25   #9
roadcage
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Prince

Thanks for the compliment nz_upy, but if nominated, I will not run, and if elected I will not serve.

Ssgt roadcage (retired)
Old December 6, 2002, 23:35   #10
Togas
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 SunshineC3CDG The Lost BoysC4DG The Mercenary TeamPtWDG RoleplayC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Meshelic
It's amazing though, to think of all that's happened. After having a huge population for such a long time, it only took ONE new constitution and ONE new holiday to completely destroy most people's interest in this Demo game. What a shame.

[rant]
People's lack of interest has nothing to do with the NewCon. It's that so few are actively being involved. E_T tried and failed to get anyone to serve as a deputy minister, and Arnelos's deputy FAMs don't show for turnchats. Thud also couldn't get a deputy as no one seems to want to do it.

All the NewCon requires is that SOMEONE post a damned poll saying "Should we sign an embargo with India against the Zulu?" make it yes/no/abstain and then submit. There's nothing new about it, we've been doing polls like this for ages, except we had those silly "official/unofficial" triffles so the Con Con just made an easy way to avoid all that confusion.

Anyone could post it. No one did. Not even Unorthodox who seems to be angry that the elected officials aren't doing all the work for the rest of us.

Fact of the matter is, people, is that the NewCon was supposed to get EVERYONE involved in running this civ, not just a couple of guys. The Senate has real power which means individuals have real power. All of us, not just 4 elected people, should be running this civ together. [/rant]

--Togas
Heir to the lost throne of Spain of the Roleplay Team in the PTW Democracy Multiplayer Team Game.
Old December 7, 2002, 00:03   #11
E_T
Emperor

Here, Here!!!

E_T
Old December 7, 2002, 01:35   #12
Meshelic
PtWDG Gathering StormCivilization III Democracy GameNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Togas

[rant]
People's lack of interest has nothing to do with the NewCon. It's that so few are actively being involved. E_T tried and failed to get anyone to serve as a deputy minister, and Arnelos's deputy FAMs don't show for turnchats. Thud also couldn't get a deputy as no one seems to want to do it.

All the NewCon requires is that SOMEONE post a damned poll saying "Should we sign an embargo with India against the Zulu?" make it yes/no/abstain and then submit. There's nothing new about it, we've been doing polls like this for ages, except we had those silly "official/unofficial" triffles so the Con Con just made an easy way to avoid all that confusion.

Anyone could post it. No one did. Not even Unorthodox who seems to be angry that the elected officials aren't doing all the work for the rest of us.

Fact of the matter is, people, is that the NewCon was supposed to get EVERYONE involved in running this civ, not just a couple of guys. The Senate has real power which means individuals have real power. All of us, not just 4 elected people, should be running this civ together. [/rant]

--Togas

Come now, just because Thud, ET and Arnelos couldn't find deputies doesn't have much to do with anything I was trying to get at.

Seriously, I have a huge respect for the writers and creators of the NewCon, and I believe it is a very thorough document that does make things simpler. But after weeks of of watching people bicker over some very small details of that package I just got tired of it. The NewCon in it's entirety is not at fault, just the process it took to create it.

If a new player joins in and wants to make his own little impact somehow in the C3DG like I wanted to, then it should be easy for that person to grasp what's going on. But I find it hard to imagine that a new player could step right in and have the patience to read the NewCon just to be sure he doesn't get accused of breaking some law he didn't know about. Mr. Orange is a very grand example of that. He tried something, and he received undue backlash from that. And in the process we lost both him and Reddawg. Because of a really lame reason (I'm sure we can all agree to that).

I'm just trying to say no one should be surprised that there is such a smaller attendance here these days. There are less minister positions to run for if someone wants a role in government (and when they see who they run against it becomes obvious who will win anyway). Apolytonia is a HUGE world power, and probably can win the game either way they want.

Oh well, I give.
Old December 7, 2002, 05:49   #13
notyoueither
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Mr. Orange and the Reddawg case happened under the Old Con. Care to refine your aim?

In fact, the court made it clear that thrashing others without just cause was a no go. Why would anyone else be discouraged? We moved to protect everyone from unwarranted and persistent personal attacks, such as 'you cheated' without being able to back it up.

Now, PTW was released. Many people have joined teams there. It would be better to observe real, and not imagined causes for a decline in participation here.
Old December 7, 2002, 07:38   #14
Meshelic
King

Argh, I realize that you are right nye.

I am disapointed with the turnout at the C3DG, like many of you. I have put my blame on the NewCon and alot of the politics that surrounded the time period it happened to be completed in. By doing so, I realize some might see my reasoning as faulty and misjudged. I apologize for possibly wasting your t ime.
Old December 7, 2002, 15:14   #15
Zero
PtWDG Glory of WarInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG3 SpartansPtWDG2 Monkey
King

Local Time: 07:12
Quote:
Originally posted by notyoueither

Now, PTW was released. Many people have joined teams there. It would be better to observe real, and not imagined causes for a decline in participation here.
personally thats exactly it. I just forget to check up on c3dg sometimes after tiring myself scouring around ptwdemo threads for while and log off before i remember to update myself in c3dg....

Last edited by Zero; December 7, 2002 at 15:19.
Old December 7, 2002, 21:23   #16
jdjdjd
PtWDG RoleplayCivilization III Democracy Game
Prince

Quote:
Argh, I realize that you are right nye.

I am disapointed with the turnout at the C3DG, like many of you. I have put my blame on the NewCon and alot of the politics that surrounded the time period it happened to be completed in. By doing so, I realize some might see my reasoning as faulty and misjudged. I apologize for possibly wasting your t ime.
Actually Meshelic, there is much truth to what you say. I don't blame those who wrote the new con, because over 2/3 of the people asked them to. And it is not a bad document.

But in certain instances some have lost the fact that its a game, and its supposed to be fun, and all those in government are trying the best they can to balance a game and RL.

Thats why its a pleasure to have joined Togas's RP Team in PTW Demo Game. Viva España.
Old December 8, 2002, 01:18   #17
Aggie
Civilization III PBEMPtWDG Glory of WarCivilization III Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumPtWDG2 TabemonoInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Meshelic, you should run for SMC, it is the only position that is the same as it was and it is very fun(though time consuming if we are at war). It would be good to see new blood in our government. Personally I might stick around only if the German war isn't done yet. I've been in the government since August and after a while there is a desire for a break. but if the war is not done or there is no candidate for smc I might consider running again. But I see few scenarios(I almost never say never) in which I will remain in the government past the german war. Of course with the coming semester/christmas break I will have far more time to devote to gaming, so there is a chance I will run if I see overwhelming support or the job I set out to do with germany is undone. As things now stand we will start the war with germany next sunday and 10 turns will be done before I would leave office so I am still undecided is what this comes down to. However if a worthy candidate wants to take over this office I will be happy to leave it in their hands. Of course I will offer my service where this nation needs them. Perhaps the new SMC would designate me "Commanding General of the German Epic March"(CGIGEM), that way I could see this war to its conclusion without committing to a full term"
Aggie

Last edited by Aggie; December 8, 2002 at 01:44.
Old December 8, 2002, 02:06   #18
Jon Shafer
PtWDG RoleplayPtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG Neu DemogypticaInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG LegolandPtWDG Vox ControliPtWDG Glory of WarPtWDG2 SunshineApolyton UniversityC3CDG Desolation RowApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV CreatorsC4DG SarantiumApolyCon 06 ParticipantsPtWDG Lux Invicta
Firaxis Games Programmer/Designer

Yes, I think the PTW Demo Game really sucked the life out of this one. The only two people I could probably name that are more active here than at the PTW DG would be E_T and Aggie.
Old December 8, 2002, 02:21   #19
Apocalypse
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMMacInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II MultiplayerCivilization IV: MultiplayerCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

I can add Ninot. He still keeps up his pace of bitterness here, though even that has slowed.
"In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd
Old December 8, 2002, 03:20   #20
Jon Shafer
PtWDG RoleplayPtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG Neu DemogypticaInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG LegolandPtWDG Vox ControliPtWDG Glory of WarPtWDG2 SunshineApolyton UniversityC3CDG Desolation RowApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV CreatorsC4DG SarantiumApolyCon 06 ParticipantsPtWDG Lux Invicta
Firaxis Games Programmer/Designer

I would never have guessed...

Guess that lumps me into the CIV3DG inactive category.
Old December 8, 2002, 03:55   #21
Meshelic
King

Thank you Aggie for your vote of confidence, and encouraging me to run for SMC. At this point I still remain undecided on that, although I've debated running for a cabinet position for awhile now.

What's holding me back is time constraints, as well as my inexperience in running the show. I'm also very active in the PTWDemogame, and consider my team a priority for the time being...

Although.....it's very tempting.
Old December 8, 2002, 06:59   #22
Aro
lifer
PtWDG Glory of WarC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering StormCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Local Time: 09:12
Quote:
Thank you Aggie for your vote of confidence, and encouraging me to run for SMC. At this point I still remain undecided on that, although I've debated running for a cabinet position for awhile now.

What's holding me back is time constraints, as well as my inexperience in running the show. I'm also very active in the PTWDemogame, and consider my team a priority for the time being...

Although.....it's very tempting.
Go for it, Meshelic!
Old December 8, 2002, 14:05   #23
Apocalypse
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMMacInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II MultiplayerCivilization IV: MultiplayerCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Just do it, Mesh.
"In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd
Old December 8, 2002, 18:24   #24
Zero
PtWDG Glory of WarInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG3 SpartansPtWDG2 Monkey
King

uh oh, peer pressure is kicking in...
Old December 9, 2002, 03:37   #25
WhiteBandit
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG RoleplayPtWDG2 SunshineC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Prince

Yeah dude!
Meshelic, do it for the "as-yet-to-be-created-HORN-party"!

It's about time a new power comes to town in our nation. Hehe

(04/29/2004) [Trip] we will see who is best in the next round ; [Trip] that is why I left this team ; [Trip] I don't need the rest of you to win |
The solution to 1984 is 1776! | Here's to hoping that GoW's military isn't being run by MasterZen: Hehe! | DaveRocks! or something. ;)
Old December 9, 2002, 05:01   #26
Meshelic
King

Woah WhiteBandit long time no see! Glad to see you're still around!
Old December 9, 2002, 14:32   #27
adaMada
Civilization III Democracy GameTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersPtWDG RoleplayRise of Nations MultiplayerInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

No one's running?

Come on, I'm trying to avoid making my decision until I've got power at home, but you guys are gonna force my hand at this rate ...

-- adaMada
Old December 9, 2002, 15:17   #28
Aro
lifer
PtWDG Glory of WarC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering StormCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Local Time: 09:12
I'm supporting adaMada for... well, wherever he wants!
Old December 9, 2002, 15:59   #29
ManicStarSeed
C4DG Gathering StormCivilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityBtS Tri-League
Prince

I am nominating Meshelic for SMC.

Seconds?

Acceptance?

Mss
Old December 9, 2002, 16:08   #30
ManicStarSeed
C4DG Gathering StormCivilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityBtS Tri-League
Prince

Oh and what the heck....

I'll nominate myself for FAM. I should be able to meet the responsibilities, and I love the intrigue of the diplomatic game...

My only reservation is that I might not make many a chat as I am GMT-8. Chats often occur when I am t work.

Mss