Old December 9, 2002, 17:58   #31
CivGeneral
Never Ending StoriesTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG The Human HivePtWDG2 Monty PythonApolyton University
Warlord

Local Time: 07:12
Local Date: November 1, 2010
I would like to nominate and accept myself for Supreme Military Commander .

BTW, I would also like to join the United Front Coalition Party .
"All your base are belong to us" -Cats | "You don't leave an enemy at your back. Not if you like living." - Mara Jade | "You know the first rule in combat? ...shoot them before they shoot you." - Faye Valentine

Last edited by CivGeneral; December 9, 2002 at 18:13.
Old December 9, 2002, 18:18   #32
E_T
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3CDG Team BabylonC4DG SarantiumCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Local Time: 08:12
I have been seriously been concidering running for the Position of SMC. I still have to look at my homelife requirements, but I suspect that This Job shouldn't be that hard to do.

What is the View points of the Senate on this?

E_T
Old December 9, 2002, 18:59   #33
Kloreep
C3CDG Team BabylonPtWDG LegolandInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityCivilization IV PBEMC4DG The Mercenary Team
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by E_T
I have been seriously been concidering running for the Position of SMC. I still have to look at my homelife requirements, but I suspect that This Job shouldn't be that hard to do.

What is the View points of the Senate on this?

E_T
With this many units, I look at it as hard. Then again, I'm talking to the man who's kept the Domestic Ministry afloat single-handedly, so I shouldn't judge the job by my standards.

I would definitely consider voting for you, though with Meshelic running, that's all I'll promise. If you think it'll be fun and want to do it, go for it; it's not like anything bad will happen if you lose, and you have a shot at VP if you do.
Old December 9, 2002, 19:06   #34
GodKing
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC3CDG The Lost BoysCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Emperor

come on people.........

only definative person here running is MSS. more people, please.

(I am a judge and cannot run..... nor would I have the time until January at the earliest anyways.....).

As long as I could figure a way to hump myself, I would be OK with that
--Con
Old December 9, 2002, 19:07   #35
ManicStarSeed
C4DG Gathering StormCivilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityBtS Tri-League
Prince

Local Time: 04:12
E_T:
Dang... you have been hard at work pumping out those units, you might as well play with them.

Nominate yourself and I would second it in a heart beat. Yeah, I have nominated Meshelic, but as of now, I do not know who I will actually vote for.

[RP]
"From the painstaking toils of the public works, comes a strong, dedicated leader. This one is recognized by all, through upgrading the military out of its obsolesence, increasing the military numbers, the military looks to him as one of their own. A fierce cry rings out in support.... It is time to put this force to the test. They are hungry for German blood"...
[/RP]

...Something like that

Mss
Old December 9, 2002, 19:51   #36
Apocalypse
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMMacInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II MultiplayerCivilization IV: MultiplayerCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

I'm planning on running for president, though I am not sure. I won't be able to play many turns until after Christmas, but the VP I have in mind would be able to cover until then.
"In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd
Old December 9, 2002, 19:58   #37
ManicStarSeed
C4DG Gathering StormCivilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityBtS Tri-League
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by Apocalypse
I'm planning on running for president, though I am not sure. I won't be able to play many turns until after Christmas, but the VP I have in mind would be able to cover until then.
You should work it out with your VP and anounce it. Run as a pair, let the people decide.

The VP (from what I understand) is an appointed position that is approved by the senate.

Run as a ticket (with the VP) and, if you win (we will be voting ONLY for the Prez), appoint the VP and let the senate approve it.

My 2 cents
Old December 9, 2002, 20:16   #38
Meshelic
PtWDG Gathering StormCivilization III Democracy GameNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Quote:
Originally posted by GodKing
come on people.........

only definative person here running is MSS. more people, please.

(I am a judge and cannot run..... nor would I have the time until January at the earliest anyways.....).
Thanks to several nominations I have received, I have announced my official candidacy for SMC. Check the "new political party" thread for more details.

Thanks!
Meshelic
Old December 9, 2002, 21:09   #39
Kuciwalker
Deity

I'm inactive too!

Actually, my inactivity had to do with high school starting, not the other stuff, but...

Anyway, I'll be back soon. It's good to see some (a lot of!) new faces around here.
Old December 9, 2002, 21:10   #40
Kuciwalker
Deity

Oh, and I second Apocolypse.
Old December 9, 2002, 21:23   #41
Arnelos
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG SarantiumCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

I am hereby running to succeed myself as FAM.

Though it seems that some people want me to run for President and I'd be willing to consider that if the field remains as empty as it currently is (my experience as Vice President certainly gives me confidence for that job), I think I'd like to stay on as FAM.
Old December 9, 2002, 21:26   #42
Apocalypse
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMMacInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II MultiplayerCivilization IV: MultiplayerCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by ManicStarSeed
You should work it out with your VP and anounce it. Run as a pair, let the people decide.

The VP (from what I understand) is an appointed position that is approved by the senate.

Run as a ticket (with the VP) and, if you win (we will be voting ONLY for the Prez), appoint the VP and let the senate approve it.

My 2 cents
I helped write the new constitution and played a major part in the whole idea of appointing. I know exactly what I am doing and I know how the whole process works.
"In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd
Old December 9, 2002, 21:29   #43
Apocalypse
Emperor

Note: I would like to say that there is still a very good chance I will not run so I don't want anyone to not run for president based on what I've posted.
Old December 9, 2002, 21:40   #44
Aro
lifer
PtWDG Glory of WarC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering StormCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Local Time: 09:12
Quote:
Originally posted by skywalker
I'm inactive too!

Actually, my inactivity had to do with high school starting, not the other stuff, but...

Anyway, I'll be back soon. It's good to see some (a lot of!) new faces around here.
Skywalker! Welcome back! Glad to see you posting again.
Old December 9, 2002, 21:47   #45
Kuciwalker
Deity

Thanks! Glad to be back.
Old December 9, 2002, 21:55   #46
Aro
lifer
PtWDG Glory of WarC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering StormCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

We need to organize this. Who is running for what?

Prez: Apocalypse (?), Arnelos(?)
FAM: ManicStarSeed, Arnelos (?), adaMada (?)
SMC: Meshelic, CivFan01, E_T (?)
DM: (empty)

…And adaMada, edited to be in the right place…
...edited again, 'cause Arnelos is being pressured...
...edited, Unortho isn't running.

Is this? Still correcting me, please.

Last edited by Aro; December 10, 2002 at 10:12.
Old December 9, 2002, 22:46   #47
adaMada
Civilization III Democracy GameTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersPtWDG RoleplayRise of Nations MultiplayerInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Goooodddd...

I threaten to run, and look what happens? They come out of the woodworks .

Seriously, I'll at least be volunteering for some sort of governmental role this term. I'll probably be seeking appointment, but it's possible I'll be running for something, though I'm not quite sure what yet. If I run, it'll probably be for FAM, since I don't have the skill to handle any other job -- and yet the FAM office seems to be well in hand with canidates, so perhaps it's time to return to appointment or deputyship? Food for thought...

Let me say this, however. I do promise that I will either run or see how I can help the elected officials. I was disapointed this term that there was little help for our elected officials (including from myself), and (as such) I plan to do what I can to ensure that someone gets the meger help I can provide. I know it's not much, considering that the half of the term that I am in school will be very busy, but I will do my best -- and I'd hope that some of the people who loose their election (which it seems there will be several) stick around and stay in some sort of role. Having spent three terms as Vice-FAM, I can say that it really is the best of all deals -- power, respect, and when it hits the fan, it's not your fault .

-- adaMada
Old December 9, 2002, 22:55   #48
Arnelos
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG SarantiumCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Aro
We need to organize this. Who is running for what?

Prez: Apocalypse (?), Unorthodox (?)
FAM: ManicStarSeed, Arnelos
SMC: Meshelic, CivFan01, E_T (?)

…And adaMada, I don’t know for what yet…

Is this? Correct me if I'm wrong, please.
I'm being pressured by some people to run for President and I'm at least considering it... that said, I'm rather happy with FAM and I'd rather stick with it (which is why I've announced for FAM). If it really looks like we need a presidential candidate, though, I'll run for it (I had a very enjoyable time as VP running turnchats).

As for commentary at this point, it looks like we really need people to run for Domestic Minister...
Old December 9, 2002, 23:11   #49
adaMada
Civilization III Democracy GameTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersPtWDG RoleplayRise of Nations MultiplayerInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Agreed (with the need for DM comment ).

Furthermore, before anyone asks, I will not run for DM . I just hate dealing with the workers and production -- I normally auto the workers and don't plan my production strategy at all. I just had to throw it out there before anyone suggests it .

-- adaMada
Old December 9, 2002, 23:13   #50
Aro
lifer
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Arnelos

I'm being pressured by some people to run for President...
" ...being pressured..."
Arnelos, you're looking like a politician!
Old December 10, 2002, 01:03   #51
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Local Time: 06:12
Re: Term 7 Nomination Thread
Quote:
Originally posted by UnOrthOdOx
With the elections starting in 6 days, figured it was about time to get one of these up. Ill update this with the candidates.

Candidates

President:

Supreme Military Commander:

Foreign Affairs Minister:

Domestic Minister:
It's sad that this thread is 3 pages long and we still have absolutely no one running for anything.

Last edited by GhengisFarb™; December 10, 2002 at 14:24.
Old December 10, 2002, 01:08   #52
Arnelos
Emperor

Re: Re: Term 7 Nomination Thread
Quote:
Originally posted by GhengisFarb

It's said that this thread is 3 pages long and we still have absolutely no one running for anything.
Actually, we have quite a number of people running for stuff... Unothodox has just not been online (or too lazy? ) to post that they have
Old December 10, 2002, 01:42   #53
ManicStarSeed
Prince

I think he mentioned (elswhere) that he has some RL stuff come up.
Old December 10, 2002, 10:11   #54
Aro
lifer
Emperor

Unortho isn't running.
Old December 10, 2002, 10:56   #55
GodKing
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC3CDG The Lost BoysCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Emperor

Just so that it is out there - I will be posting the elections on this comming thursday - late in the PM EST (this is Dec 12, 2002). Elections will last for 3 days (end on Dec 15th). I will go through this thread and list everybody for the positions they said they will run for. If you change your mind between now adn then, post here and if possible PM me.

As long as I could figure a way to hump myself, I would be OK with that
--Con
Old December 10, 2002, 14:25   #56
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Who's (dumb enough to be) running for DM?
Old December 10, 2002, 15:46   #57
jdjdjd
PtWDG RoleplayCivilization III Democracy Game
Prince

We were hoping you would GF. Will you?
Old December 10, 2002, 16:25   #58
E_T
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3CDG Team BabylonC4DG SarantiumCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

If it's not to late, I'm announcing my candidacy for SMC.

I will try to make our Wars, smart. glorious ones.

E_T
Old December 10, 2002, 16:58   #59
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by jdjdjd
We were hoping you would GF. Will you?
Did you not catch the "dumb enough to be" part? That's the most impossible job to have under the NewCon. I might have considered it if I wasn't already holding an office in the PTW game.
Old December 10, 2002, 17:08   #60
Arnelos
Emperor

At this point, I am HEAVILY considering switching my candidacy to President. I'd honestly rather be FAM (has much more impact on the game), but it seems I'm rather lonely as someone with Prez/VP experience, willing to do the job, and free for the entire length of the term to hold turnchats.

If no-one runs for Domestic Minister, I'm also able to FILL IN for at least the first chat of that job as well, though I'd REALLY REALLY HOPE to appoint a TEAM of people to split up that job (CP-equivalent, MoPW-equivalent, and perhaps a regional breakdown).

I'm waiting on responses to a few more PMs, but especially with Unortho no longer able to fill this void, I feel obligated to fill it unless something ground shattering takes place in the next 1-2 hours or so.