Old December 7, 2002, 01:15   #1
Zkribbler
Deity

Local Time: 05:14
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Thief 1 & Thief 2 are back!
Eidos is selling the Thief PC Platinum Collection, which contains both Thief 1 and Thief 2.

I spotted two today in the same computer store where, last year, I bought their last beat-up copy of Thief 2. And I just checked out the Eidos website, and the Thief PC Platinum Collection is for sale there as well. It's priced at USD 19.99.
Old December 7, 2002, 03:36   #2
Skanky Burns
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans

Local Time: 23:14
Bastards, they only included TDP and Thief 2, not Thief Gold.
Thief Gold is an elusive bugger.

Still, Thief Platinum is excellent value for those who haven't had the pleasure of being a thief.
Old December 7, 2002, 08:19   #3
The Mad Monk
Emperor

Local Time: 07:14
If you liked Theif, be sure to try System Shock 2.
"We have tried spending money. We are spending more than we have ever spent before and it does not work...After eight years of this Administration, we have just as much unemployment as when we started... And an enormous debt to boot!" — Henry Morgenthau, Franklin Delano Roosevelt's Treasury secretary, 1941.
Old December 7, 2002, 17:39   #4
Traianvs
BtS Tri-League
King

Local Time: 14:14
stupid, why don't they include thief gold...i've completed thief1 already...!!
Old December 7, 2002, 21:36   #5
Skanky Burns
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans

I'll agree with The Mad Monk on SS2 as well. Very good game. Completing the collection is Deus Ex, which can be played stealthily or with guns blazing.

I still haven't been able to find Thief Gold anywhere, and want to. Its exactly the same as TDP (Thief 1), but has more missions.
Old December 8, 2002, 01:01   #6
Sarxis
Rise of Nations MultiplayerAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMCTP2 Source Code ProjectCall to Power II MultiplayerCall to Power MultiplayerCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsGalCiv Apolyton Empire
Emperor

Local Time: 08:14
They really didn't include Thief Gold in the platinum version??

Dumb.
Old December 15, 2002, 03:01   #7
Alinestra Covelia
ACDG The Human HiveRise of Nations Multiplayer
Queen

The extra missions in Thief Gold weren't that great. I found they really interrupted the entire flow of the game.
Old December 15, 2002, 03:10   #8
Skanky Burns

Interesting.
Old December 15, 2002, 04:49   #9
Sarxis
Rise of Nations MultiplayerAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMCTP2 Source Code ProjectCall to Power II MultiplayerCall to Power MultiplayerCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsGalCiv Apolyton Empire
Emperor

Well, the enhanced (lol) graphics in the gold version were quaint, but I didn't find the extra missions to be interupting. In fact, weren't a couple of the extra missions having to deal with those missing stones for the cathedral? Something that gets passed over in TDP?
Old December 18, 2002, 23:48   #10
loinburger
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

IIRC there were four "collect the stones" missions in Gold, and only two in TDP -- each TDP stone-collecting mission had you getting two stones.

I thought that the new missions in Gold were great -- more humans to blackjack (and ain't that what being a thief is all about?). Zombies and Hammer Haunts are fine, but that damned "Get the eye from the cathedral" mission wasn't a job for a thief, it was a job for a friggin army. Stealing != Laying Waste.
Old December 19, 2002, 02:45   #11
Skanky Burns

It would be nice in that mission if you could decently prepare for it. I mean, how hard would it be to get a couple of dozen more water arrows?
Old December 19, 2002, 17:28   #12
loinburger
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

No kidding. I had to just leave most of the zombies where they fell, and then try not to wake them up again. Not the most effective method, especially with that idiot Hammerite ghost making me backtrack over and over again...
Old December 19, 2002, 18:11   #13
Skanky Burns

At least you can destroy Hammerites, without expending any items no less. A backstab when they are unaware of your presence is (I think) enough to do them in.

* Realises he means that ghost guy, and not the enemy Hammerites.

...erm, which helps you clear the area of enemies before you need to keep backtracking.
Old December 19, 2002, 19:41   #14
CapitanGarlic
NationStates
Prince

Local Time: 05:14
A flash bomb will kill most Hammerite ghosts in a single shot...two at most.