Old December 7, 2002, 12:13   #1
Mellian
Apolyton Storywriters' Guild
Queen

Local Time: 07:14
Local Date: November 1, 2010
To those that Complain about Apolyton Empire
Apolyton Empire is a multi-author story... and as you can see, it is quite popular. Sooorrrry if the first thread became to full and sorrryy if we had to be the first story that reachs so large amount of posts.

If you don't like it, ignore it Apolyton Empire as the right to be here, as it is a Civilization 3 story... only difference it is a cooperative one... which isn't unknown of in Fiction forums. In cooperatives, it is important to keep organize, hence three threads for it.

Next time you have complaints, do so in the Discussion thread!!!!! or at the least put OOC in your posts. The story isn't an all in one and ask to respect that.

I'm sure some of you tried to get it moved, but it won't.. cause again, it is a CIV3 STORY, not some stupid diplomacy NES that doesn't relate with Civ3 other then the use of civilizations.

Sorry for creating this thread too, but i am getting annoyed with the disrespect of some people by simply posting in the story thread that as nothing to do with the story. also annoyed with the attempts to get rid of AE. well to bad, live with it I'm sure many others like the story...else AE wouldn't have such an high view count.

-Mellian

PS: Actually, best way to get rid of this story is by petitioning for a seperate forum for AE or Cooperative Stories.
Old December 7, 2002, 13:30   #2
Jack_www
Civilization III MultiplayerPtWDG LegolandNationStatesNever Ending StoriesRise of Nations MultiplayerC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 04:14
I know some re upset that we started anther thread for the story, BUT WE FILLED UP THE OLD ONE!!!
It is almost 700 posts in it, and in fact I think that their is a 500 post limit to all threads I believe. Again too like Mellian said this is not an NES story, this a multi athor story. And yes please the story is not the place to complain.
Old December 7, 2002, 14:20   #3
vovan
Apolyton UniversityCivilization IV CreatorsSporeApolyton Storywriters' GuildC3CDG Blood Oath HordeC4DG The Horde
Emperor

Local Time: 06:14
Well, technically, I think AE is a never-ending story. After all, none of you are planning to end it, are you? Though, you all claim that it is not a NES in a sense in which that phrase is used on these forums. Although I am glad that the NES's got moved out of these forums, I don't mind if there is one or two threads still left: it's better than the countless numbers of them that were here before.

But any way, that's not the point. What I wanted to see was the all-time leaders in views on the stories boards. These are the results:

Views:
  1. 6,000 Years in 432 Hours - Journal of a Civ3 Succession Game by Gaius Marius - 12 738 ( )
  2. French Succession Game Play/Read/Enjoy byJMarks - 5 932
  3. World at War...The Iroquios threat by Grundel - 5 545 ( One of only three true stories in top ten by views, and one of the all-time favourites.)
  4. SUccession Game by civman2000 - 4 929
  5. Succession Game starting on 11/29/2001, Join the game/follow the saga in this thread by Lurking - 4 717 (The first succession game I participated in... Ah, the memories. )
  6. The Legacy of the Babylonian Empire - A CivIII Succession Game by Random Entity - 4 559 (Yet another of the succession games I took part in. One of the best ones out there. Though it was one of the first ones too, so it was pretty rusty. )
  7. SNESA - SKILORDS Never Ending Stories Apolyton by SKILORD (duh! ) - 4 650 (well, this is the current number of views. Apparently, when the thread got moved, it had less...)
  8. For the Glory of Rome.... by Velocyrix - 4 141 (Note that it has only fifteen posts! An unfinished piece.)
  9. SNESA2: Ad Infinitum (No MOD's!) by SKILORD - 4 132 (SKILORD - the only thread author to make it into the top ten twice. In fact, nobody made it into top 20 twice, while SKILORD has four threads in that list!)
  10. The Chronicles Of Imhotep by HawaiiFive-O - 3 977 (IMHO, the best story on the boards. I haven't read anything so great since. )
(The AE occupies the 13th place. )

I also wanted to post a list of threads by posts (in which the AE is second after SKILORD's very first NES, which amassed 850+ posts), but that wouldn't be so interesting all of the threads there are succession games and a couple of NES's.
Spore page
Old December 7, 2002, 15:25   #4
ChrisiusMaximus
Civilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization III Democracy GameC3CDG Blood Oath HordeC4DG The HordeC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GameCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG éirich tuireann
Emperor

Local Time: 13:14
If you dont like the complaining then why dont you take this some place else? Mellian why do you keep starting pointless threads. If you wished to respond to my earlier complaint then you could have PM'd or emailed me directly. This insistance on your part to start threads is what I was complaining about.

Your insistance that AE is not an nes is a total joke, it reads exactly like all the other nes's probably due to the fact that most of your participents are regulars in the other nes's. I personally have no problem with you having this story but I see no reason why you should have so many threads cluttering up the stories forum.

I would say that if your story had to pigeon holed it is a cross between an nes and a democracy game. I followed the debate when you were originally faced with being moved to the other forum and saw that through persistent pressure you managed to convince dan to leave this here, if you dont want to see an upsurge of complaining from other users here then I would suggest that you desist from starting more of these pointless threads.

You say your sorry for starting this thread to but yet you still post it! and then you go on to condemn others for disrespect, you really have got some nerve I'll give you that. Before I saw this yet another useless thread I was only mildly irritated with your good self but I now feel very angry at your obvious lack of respect for every one else who wishes to express an opinion that differs from yours.
A proud member of the "Apolyton Story Writers Guild".There are many great stories at the Civ 3 stories forum, do yourself a favour and visit the forum. Lose yourself in one of many epic tales and be inspired to write yourself, as I was.
Old December 7, 2002, 17:14   #5
Mellian
Queen

Apolyton Empire will end when the writers decide to end it besides, many of the civ3 stories don't have endings too... which means, in the same meaning, that they will never end either.

anyway, basing on the civfanatic and apolyton defination of NES as a diplomacy game, which AE isn't.

As for a Democracy game, may have similiarities to the concept in which AE is base on, but not really a Democracy either.

As for pointless threads... explain to me how the Discussion and Great Library threads are pointless? they have their purpose...and keeps things organized. From experience, AE won't survive this long if it was an all in one thread cooperative story. Story Part 2 was created for a reason too.

Another reason for bringing this up publicly is for everyone to see, so they know not to make the same mistake as you and unscratchedfoot to post your silly complaints in the story thread, instead of me needing to repeat myself. I created this thread here cause i am targeting for the people coming to this forum, not in General Discussion or Off Topics where the majority don't even come to the Civ3 Stories forum.... and vice versa.

-Mellian

Last edited by Mellian; December 7, 2002 at 17:22.
Old December 7, 2002, 17:46   #6
ChrisiusMaximus
Civilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization III Democracy GameC3CDG Blood Oath HordeC4DG The HordeC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GameCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG éirich tuireann
Emperor

If as you suggest we should post our silly complaints in the discussion thread then could you please answer my question, why have you started yet another pointless stupid time wasting thread. Do your rules only apply to others and you can do as you wish?

Why do you feel it is a mistake for me and others to complain about your actions, is it because you feel you are superior to us in some way? has no one else a right to express themselves in your mind? just who do you think you are?

I see many of the talented writers who post stories also taking part in AE and in general its good that everyone can take part in what they enjoy doing. My point is that you do not need to keep starting so many threads and I am still waiting to see you come up with a reasoned and sensible argument that could persuade me that I am wrong.

Instead you resort to insulting my intelligence with your retarded responses, much in the same vain as most of the drivel you yourself continuously post in your many AE threads.
A proud member of the "Apolyton Story Writers Guild".There are many great stories at the Civ 3 stories forum, do yourself a favour and visit the forum. Lose yourself in one of many epic tales and be inspired to write yourself, as I was.
Old December 7, 2002, 17:53   #7
ChrisiusMaximus
Emperor

A further post in support of my good friend unscratchedfoot, Although he has a somewhat unorthodox approach to most things he is in fact one of the best writers here and you Mellian would need a total personality transplant before you would acheive being even half as good as him at story writing.
Old December 7, 2002, 17:55   #8
Mellian
Queen

Quote:
Originally posted by ChrisiusMaximus
If as you suggest we should post our silly complaints in the discussion thread then could you please answer my question, why have you started yet another pointless stupid time wasting thread. Do your rules only apply to others and you can do as you wish?
Apparently, you haven't thouroughly or simply didn't comprehend my last post as to my reasons for creating this peticular thread.

Quote:
Why do you feel it is a mistake for me and others to complain about your actions, is it because you feel you are superior to us in some way? has no one else a right to express themselves in your mind? just who do you think you are?
Can complain as much as you want, i am simply asking not to that in the Story thread, geezz

like i said to Easthaven in the story, stop making assumptions.

Quote:
I see many of the talented writers who post stories also taking part in AE and in general its good that everyone can take part in what they enjoy doing. My point is that you do not need to keep starting so many threads and I am still waiting to see you come up with a reasoned and sensible argument that could persuade me that I am wrong.
Why don't explain to me what is reasonable for you, as my last post didn't seem to answer your questions. Once i know, i may give you an answer that sastisfies you.

Quote:
Instead you resort to insulting my intelligence with your retarded responses, much in the same vain as most of the drivel you yourself continuously post in your many AE threads.
If i am insulting your intelligence, then it is not intentional. I think it is just you who take things the wrong way and reply using assumptions. Anyway, doesn't seem to stop you from being the better person by not insulting back (assuming of course that did intentionally tried to insult ya).

-Mellian
Old December 7, 2002, 17:58   #9
Mellian
Queen

Quote:
Originally posted by ChrisiusMaximus
A further post in support of my good friend unscratchedfoot, Although he has a somewhat unorthodox approach to most things he is in fact one of the best writers here and you Mellian would need a total personality transplant before you would acheive being even half as good as him at story writing.
funny that you can make that judgement without actually reading any of the stories i ever written. What I write in AE isn't ment to be masterpieces

as for personality transplants, i am not the one who needs it

-Mellian
Old December 7, 2002, 18:01   #10
Mellian
Queen

Only way i can claim to be superior to ya is that I am the Queen, and your a Prince. so bow down you!

-Mellian
Old December 7, 2002, 18:07   #11
ChrisiusMaximus
Emperor

As your last post shows you are nothing more than a fool. I was warned not to bother wasting my time arguing with the likes of you by a good friend so I will make this my last input.

Please you keep posting your crap and continue deluding yourself that I care.
Old December 7, 2002, 18:24   #12
Mellian
Queen

was just a joke

sorry if i don't take people who make assumptions or/and silly insults or/and have insecurities very seriously.... especially those who can't take a joke

actually, i don't take this board seriously, cause, i am here to have fun... Apolyton isn't my life, like it seems to be for some.

-Mellian

Last edited by Mellian; December 7, 2002 at 18:30.
Old December 7, 2002, 18:29   #13
ChrisiusMaximus
Emperor

Old December 7, 2002, 18:30   #14
mmtt
Warlord

Uh... Would like to interfere before it's going to a flame war. (maybe a minute too late I would say)

I understand ChrisiusMaximus you don't like those thingies called NES etc... They pollute your rightful place where you can venerate your super writers. Sorry to be ironic, but that's what you write.
But there is a slighty problem, those writers... well I don't see much stories from them. You can reply me this is because we make them flee. Well, why didn't they tell us about it?

Side note:Well, I read most of the stories you refer too(as you can I have been on Apolyton since Civ3 release even if I didn't post so much), I'm not an ignorant. They are some masterpieces.

But I think you should respect Mellian point of view. If somebody likes to do something, how can you have the rights to forbidden it? We are in democracy, freedom and equality. Please be tolerant.
If those posts disturb you too much, why can't you ignore them?

You want to forbidden things that IMHO doesn't have to. It isn't our fault if most of the good writers left. And, I don't see why you have more rights than us.
That's, sorry, a fascist view of things.
"This no good, BURN IT!"

--------------
About which forum AE belong well I dunno.
That's moderator job not mine. Yet, they need to take into account two parts: Diplomacy forum isn't really used and some people remembering the all good times (hell everybody does) wants to kick them out.
------------
Mellian, like always, you go right in the middle of the wound(uh some french expressions). well we already have discussed the matter on msn.
------
I'm sure we can end this in a CIVilized way.
Old December 7, 2002, 18:33   #15
Mellian
Queen

Yes we can

-Mellian
Old December 7, 2002, 18:43   #16
ChrisiusMaximus
Emperor

mmtt thanks for your response, I have no problem with you enjoying being part of AE and in essence I dont really mind your story being here. Its mainly the amount of threads I dislike seeing, IMHO a lot of what gets posted is unecessary nonsense and you seem to be arguing amongst yourselves quiet often. Why dont you go to the chat room to discuss some of it.

I merely complained earlier today that yet another AE thread had been started but Mellian decided to make an issue of things and start this thread so I responde. Wish I hadnt bothered now as there seems little or no posibility of getting any sesible dicussion out of Mellian who chooses to insult me and others then respond sarcastically when on the receiving end.

I know that Ive probably acheived nothing on this thread and wish you and the others who play AE continued enjoyment but could somebody please get that Mellian to shut the f**k up
Old December 7, 2002, 18:50   #17
vovan
Apolyton UniversityCivilization IV CreatorsSporeApolyton Storywriters' GuildC3CDG Blood Oath HordeC4DG The Horde
Emperor

* sits back to see who will be smart enough to stop first *

You know, I have a friend from Brasil, and when we argue about something, and the conversation goes out of control, like this thread, he likes to say: "Words are made of silver. Silence is made of gold."
Spore page
Old December 7, 2002, 18:56   #18
ChrisiusMaximus
Emperor

Yes vovan as ever you are indeed right, I should have listened earlier.

Mellian I apologise for any upset I may have caused yourself and would say that we are obviously not going to agree on this. I still stand by my complaint earlier that AE has got to many threads and would like to see you try to reorganise things if at all possible. As I said to mmtt perhaps you could arrange to meet in the chat room to discuss things sometimes.

EDIT This is a response to Mellians next post. I decided to add it as an edit here because its become obvious to me that Mellian needs to have the last word and hopefully now can zip it.

Sorry for assuming you might be upset but for a moment I thought you might have desired an opportunity to have a more civilised debate, but dont worry your responses and edits have left me in no doubt of your attitude. I took out my pop at you in the other thread as I relised I was lowering myself to your standards and returning the insults. Also dont want to turn it into another thread where you whine on as you do here.

Anyways by not posting below your last response I grant you the last word and I hope it does not choke you.

Last edited by ChrisiusMaximus; December 7, 2002 at 19:32.
Old December 7, 2002, 19:15   #19
Mellian
Queen

WHy would I be/been upset? I was more like amused and wondering why would someone take this seriously enough to be upset over it.... also wondered why people like making assumptions about me and others

I understand your complaints and views, but i rather keep things organized... and the three threads system i use is organized to me.

Having discussions within a story is annoying to me... and not everyone is on at the same time to go on chat. Discussion thread is created to discourage to many OOCs and discussion within the story thread. Great Library is an info thread, where anyone can easilly find info on the story without searching through the story thread. I see nothing wrong at being organized and i already stated my reasons for creating this thread.

can't fault me from keeping things organize and clean.

-Mellian
Old December 8, 2002, 00:08   #20
Easthaven I
Prince

Can't we all just get along? .....
Old December 8, 2002, 00:44   #21
ChaotikVisions
Civilization IV Creators
Prince

Meh, don't see why anyone should be complaining about AE, NESes, or regular storys. I'd prefer the NESes back here so they aren't forced off to another forum to die, but thats just me. Its not like there was ever more then 2 or 3 NESes at a time, hardly enough to warrant whatever complaints produced that drove them off the forum. Sure it wasn't truly Civ3, but it was based on the general principles of the thing. If we had a Civilization > Stories forum thats where it would have gone,figure Civilization 3 > Civ3-Stories is the next best thing. But mods have said they won't change their mind, so i'm just wasting these letters. :P
Old December 8, 2002, 05:19   #22
ChrisiusMaximus
Emperor

Best solution would be a sub page of civ3 stories like civfanatics have got but like Chaotik says the mods wont change their minds.
Old December 9, 2002, 02:32   #23
Mellian
Queen

internal bickering concerning the matter doesn't help either

-Mellian
Old December 9, 2002, 03:31   #24
ChrisiusMaximus
Emperor

Mellian you would do well to take your own advice!!

You decided to start all this not me, I merely stated an opinion, you OTOH started an argument heavily dosed with rude sarcasm. Ive been told that you most likely would like to make people react, and I can tell you that your obnoxious tone certainly does it for me, well at least it did before vovansim showed me the error of my ways and the futility of talking to you.

However if your last post was a cloaked attempt to apologise for your behaviour then I can accept it, but come out of the closet and say so if you want to.
Old December 9, 2002, 13:18   #25
Mellian
Queen

Quote:
Mellian you would do well to take your own advice!!

You decided to start all this not me, I merely stated an opinion, you OTOH started an argument heavily dosed with rude sarcasm. Ive been told that you most likely would like to make people react, and I can tell you that your obnoxious tone certainly does it for me, well at least it did before vovansim showed me the error of my ways and the futility of talking to you.
Like you, that person doesn't know me to well. I am also still trying to figure out how one can hear my "tone" by reading text.

If one could seriously hear my tone, you wouldn't so easilly taken offence.

Quote:
However if your last post was a cloaked attempt to apologise for your behaviour then I can accept it, but come out of the closet and say so if you want to.
which last post...one before this? I am not the one who started arguing, i just created this thread to ask people to STOP being annoying, to stop posting unrelated OOCs (especially without putting OOC and being complaints) in our story threads, and so on. That is not asking for an argument

then the idea that you keep making assumptions base on little...or thinking that i have a peticular 'tone' in my posts, is quite silly. Also the idea that i am specifically flaming or insulting anyone is just as silly. I rather resolve something then stupidly insult someone... and if i wanted to actually insult someone, you'll definatly know.

anyway, already said sorry

-Mellian
Old December 9, 2002, 13:54   #26
ChrisiusMaximus
Emperor

Grow up Mellian and just go back to your Empire story.

I definitely wont be bothering to respond to you in this thread again.
Old December 9, 2002, 20:46   #27
unscratchedfoot
Prince

Local Time: 21:14
Quote:
Originally posted by Mellian

which last post...one before this? I am not the one who started arguing, i just created this thread to ask people to STOP being annoying, to stop posting unrelated OOCs (especially without putting OOC and being complaints) in our story threads, and so on. That is not asking for an argument

-Mellian
Let's look at this in a logical way shall we? You, mellian, say that you started this thread to stop arguing. Your first post is complaining about us complaining about you starting so many redundant apolyton empire threads. You try to fix the problem of us being unhappy about your many threads by starting another thread!!!. Even you, in all your arrogance and self-righteousness, must admit that what you did was blatant flaming.

this is mellian flaming away, except the smile should be a grimace of course
Old December 10, 2002, 03:44   #28
ChrisiusMaximus
Emperor

YEEEE HAA go get em Dubya
Old December 10, 2002, 11:40   #29
G_Reaper
Settler

Local Time: 12:14
Chrisius, I agree with what you are saying, I mean Mellian why the hell do you have to start a thread at the most inapropriate times.

Its annoying,stupid,annoying,idiotic,annoying,a waste of time and annoying.
Old December 10, 2002, 12:01   #30
Ming
lifer
Civilization II MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerPolyCast TeamCivilization IV: MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of Fame
Retired

ANYBODY that brings this discussion up again is going to get restricted. If you don't like a particular story thread... IGNORE IT. sigh...