Old December 7, 2002, 19:40   #1
realpolitic
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Prince

Local Time: 04:16
Local Date: November 1, 2010
The last 2 threats
It seems that there are only 2 plausible ways we can lose the game -- Germany and not getting Hoover Our plan to beat up Germany seems to be just fine. If there is anything that can be done to speed Hoover, including eliminating rush building (except the improvements for ToE & Hoover), I suggest we do it.
Old December 7, 2002, 20:11   #2
E_T
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3CDG Team BabylonC4DG SarantiumCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Local Time: 08:16
We have 3 major Rushes that are already planned or Possible Budgeting:

Aquaduct in Helopolis - pre-build to IW - about 240L on turn 3 (1200AB).

Courthouse in Port of Where It's At - needed to bring up to Waste standards - at most 232L (I'm going to change the WF to induce WLKD to help with the Waste before hand) on turn 4 (1210AB).

Marketplace in Heliopolis - last pre-build for IW - in about 1250AB (would be 8 turns from now) for hopefully less than 240L, we'll see.

We will look at further rushes, either during this Gameplay or after.

E_T
Old December 7, 2002, 20:46   #3
roadcage
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Prince

Local Time: 06:16
Not getting Hoover's would be a setback, but not game threatening. On the otherhand, if we slip up and let someone build the UN.......
Old December 8, 2002, 02:15   #4
Zero
PtWDG Glory of WarInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG3 SpartansPtWDG2 Monkey
King

Local Time: 07:16
We need hoover. Its too good of a wonder to pass it up
Old December 10, 2002, 00:18   #5
roadcage
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Prince

Local Time: 06:16
I never said that Hoover's wasn't a teriffic bargain, and therefore well worth the effort. However, you can always build a power plant in every city and accomplish the same thing.

But since we have been somewhat warlike, and aggressive about renegotiating peace treaties (legal extortion) if we fail to get the UN we will

...............LOOSE THE GAME.............
Old December 10, 2002, 08:17   #6
Aro
lifer
PtWDG Glory of WarC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering StormCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Local Time: 09:16
I agree with roadcage. UN must be ours, the AI hates us.
Old December 11, 2002, 18:16   #7
realpolitic
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Prince

Local Time: 04:16
Of course we need the UN. It's so far off on the horizon, and if we get Hoover & destroy or defang Germany, it should be so easy to get, we shouldn't have any trouble getting it.
Old December 11, 2002, 19:10   #8
joncnunn
Civilization III Democracy GameC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton UniversityC3CDG Team BabylonApolyton Storywriters' GuildCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumC4BtSDG Templars
Emperor

Local Time: 07:16
If we build Hoover Dam, we'll have no trouble building the UN even without prebuilding so we can filibuster.

We're also going to need to decide how we intend to win the game in late January or early Feburary.

I see 3 options (from earliest to latest):

1. Domination via Tank rush with Mototrized Transport during very late industrial era extending into early modern era with the idea of competling the wipe out before any civ can get Mech Inf. (Bigest threats killed first.)

2. Domination via Modern Armor rush. (We build the tanks at a somewhat slower rate than #1, but as soon as the modern era starts, we rush to Syntheic Fibers, buying Rocketry from a Sci civ, and then massively upgrade them all, and conquer the main contienant. Bigest threats killed first to minimize chance of nuclear war.

3. Space Race. We build a limited number of Tanks & Bombers just to ensure the AI doesn't get uppity, but don't actually use them.