Old December 9, 2002, 00:44   #1
E_T
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3CDG Team BabylonC4DG SarantiumCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Local Time: 08:19
Local Date: November 1, 2010
DM Report: 1170AD City Status & War Prep
The number of Improvements that we have had in our cities from the time of my last report to now are too numerous to list. As this Office has been grossly understaffed, I just leave it to the Senate to figure out by providing THIS LINK to the last report that was made at the end of the last Term.

Here is the City Status chart for 1170AB:

We are working on pre-builds toward building Iron Works in Heliopolis. A factory in The Forbidden City, so that we can build Universal Suffrage Wonder there. And another Factory in Ghengistown, then we’ll start storing Shields, in anticipation of building The Theory of Evolution in that City.

We have Factories in several of the Queues, and they will be started on after they have finished whatever War Prep Builds that they are currently scheduled to complete.

WAR PREP

We currently (1170AB) have the following Military Forces:
Mounted:
Cavalry - 33 (3 which will be used to form an Army)
Knights - 2 (Elite units)

Standing:
Riflemen - 19
Musketmen - 30 (we are upgrading these at a rate of at least one per turn)

Longbowman - 1
Swordsmen - 5

Explorers - 5
Settlers - 1

We will have the following additional forces available by D-turn:

Cavalry - 12
Riflemen - 4
Cannon - 13
Explorers - 9
Settlers - 2

We might have just a couple more Items come up while the war progresses, but the Cities that are capable of producing Munitions will be working on their Factories. By D-Turn, we will have a fairly good Idea of when further Munitions will be coming off of the production lines.

E_T
Old December 9, 2002, 07:24   #2
Aro
lifer
PtWDG Glory of WarC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering StormCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Local Time: 09:19
Excellent work, E_T. Thanks.
Old December 9, 2002, 11:43   #3
roadcage
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Prince

Local Time: 06:19
I offer the following improvements:

The Forbidden City
Switch order of Coleseum and US.

Ghengistown
Insert Coleseum before Palace (ToE holder).

A coleseum cost 120 shields. The Forbidden City will do it in 2 turns, and G-town will take 3 turns. This small delay is reasonable insurance against catastropic war weariness and/or loss of luxs.

General coments on war prep
The D-Turn force structure looks about right. Still a little light on Cannons, but I have never met a RL General who didn't want more forces.

However, there is no resupply capability. Infact during the conflict, most of our cities will be building Factories. Now I like Factories, but we will need some resupply.

This war will be a lot like the US Civil war. It will be fought with Riflemen, Cavalry, and Cannon, just like that conflict. And as with that RL war, the , this campaign against Otto will include huge casualties on both sides. The reason the North won that war is they could resupply their losses, while the South had to dance with them that brung them.

Please re-work the plan so that we get about 10 more Cav spread over D-Turn + 1 and D-Turn + 10

Keep up the good work

Ssgt roadcage (retired)
Old December 9, 2002, 14:08   #4
joncnunn
Civilization III Democracy GameC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton UniversityC3CDG Team BabylonApolyton Storywriters' GuildCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumC4BtSDG Templars
Emperor

Local Time: 07:19
I'd also recomend building both Hospitals & Factories before any more Universitys.

Growing past size 12 will increase BOTH science & taxes.

And building a Factory before the University results in having both faster than the other way around.
Old December 9, 2002, 15:17   #5
E_T
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3CDG Team BabylonC4DG SarantiumCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Local Time: 08:19
Of the 3 Universities that are listed on the list above:
Tessagrad - has completed it's University
Arbela's - will be completed on a couple of turns - this will help fight the Cultural pressure form England and give us a needed boost for further research efforts.
Antioch - will also be completed in a couple of turns - more research capability.

There are no others that are being built before the Factories. As for after the factories are built, that will be up to my successor to implement as he (and the Senate) wishes.

E_T