Old December 11, 2002, 19:13   #31
Meshelic
PtWDG Gathering StormCivilization III Democracy GameNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 04:19
Local Date: November 1, 2010
After Jd2007 and Duddha left, I was the last one to hold the Chairmanship. And my what a lonely time that was! No one to talk to, only myself to defend one of the most outspoken parties against a massive D.I.A. ....it was hell on earth.

Duddha you are more than welcome to join the Labor Party if you wish, regardless of your warmonger past. The Labor Party promotes a strong, elite military rather than outright warmongering, so I'm sure you can fit in either as a left-wing or right-winger if you wanted to...

just a thought.
Old December 11, 2002, 19:17   #32
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Local Time: 06:19
So are there no more Hawks?
Old December 11, 2002, 19:21   #33
Meshelic
PtWDG Gathering StormCivilization III Democracy GameNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Hmmm....there are Hawks, but not in an organized form. More like "Independants" who express "Hawkish" sentiments....

Ghengis as a former Public Works Minister I'm sure you'd LOVE to join the Labor Party, huh?
Old December 12, 2002, 07:31   #34
Panag
MacCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusC4BtSDG Rabbits of Caerbannog
Emperor

Local Time: 14:19
hi ,

for the voters who dont like labour , there is always Likud , .......

have a nice day
Old December 12, 2002, 07:54   #35
Meshelic
King

Panag

I thought about a Likud Party, or even a Herut. But decided to not strategize my party philosophy around Israeli polical parties.

Meshelic
Old December 12, 2002, 07:59   #36
Panag
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Meshelic
Panag

I thought about a Likud Party, or even a Herut. But decided to not strategize my party philosophy around Israeli polical parties.

Meshelic
hi ,

ya gonna have to explain that over and over again , ....

have a nice day
Old December 12, 2002, 10:33   #37
Spiffor
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG LegolandApolytoners Hall of Fame

Will you support communism ?

Edit : [roleplay]
As a member of the DIA, I must say I am shocked by the uproar created by the so called "Labor Party". These vicious intellectuals, who pretend to represent our poor, are nothing but hatemongers against the very class that produces the riches of Apolytonia, the capitalists
Don't the workers realize they will only hurt themselves by following this dark ideology ? Who will pay them ? Who will provide them shelter and food ? Who will organize their work rationally ? The workers themselves ? Pah !
We all know the workers cannot and will not organize themselves in a meaningful way, and will just be a mob whose bloodthirst only equals stupidity. These bloodthirsty workers won't only kill our industrialists, but also the more gentle workers who want to take part in Apolytonia greatness !
Only the Industrial elite can do wonders to Apolytonia's economy, and we all know it, including the leaders of the "labor party" (I spit the name !). They just want to overthrow our reasonable leadership and controlled Democracy with mob rule !

Say no to these heinous collectivists, and join the party of reason, efficiency and wise economy. Join the DIA
[/roleplay]

(Aaaaah, I really wanted to make a speech of a 19th century capitalist )

Last edited by Spiffor; December 12, 2002 at 10:41.
Old December 12, 2002, 11:28   #38
Meshelic
King

RP

Ah Spiffor, such a valiant attempt. I'm glad you were able to get that 19th century capitalist propoganda out of your system. To answer a few of your so called facts about the Labor Party (which you seem to know so much about considering you aren't in it....)

1. To ask whether or not we support communism is not applicable at the moment. While my left-winged Trotsky-ite cohort Aro may fully endorse a governmental move to Communism (I do not know if he does or not), I myself on the right-winged side of the Labor Party prefer democracy, capitalism and freedom as opposed to enslavement. Besides, we have no idea what Communism is! Is it some perverted governmental system you D.I.A. cronies have been inventing behind closed doors? Besides, what's that avatar under your name? A man of the working class happily toiling away for no food, payment, or chance of promotion? I think not.

2. You may not want to isolate yourself from your own party, after all, there have been some among your own party lines who have not only encouraged the Labor Party in it's infancy, but in several ways directly affected our sudden growth. Perhaps the D.I.A. is not as strong and "together" as you would all have it seem?

3. To say that the Labor Party are hatemongers who prey on the sweat and toil of the working class is absolutely absurd, when in fact the Labor Party is providing substantial health care benefits, wage increases and greater representation in the Senate that the D.I.A. has so harshly refused them.

Where is this food, clothing, and shelter that you, the D.I.A., have been supposed to provide for them in the first place? If the D.I.A. had been doing their job's there would have been no reason for the Labor Party to exist!Just look over in the Labor Party stockpile, we are feeding the hungry, clothing the naked, and sheltering the homeless! We are in essence, taking care of the matters that the wealthy upper-class D.I.A. were supposed to be looking after in the first place! And NOW we know where all the money in your parties coffers came from! shame on you!

4. Indeed, in your own ignorance you spit forward nothing but shame and disgrace to your name and your party, for had you even read the Labor Party Charter, or my own personal comments regarding Arnelos's accusations of a red/brown coalition, which I know you haven't read, you would have realized that in it's very creation, the Labor Party stands for the beautiful people of this nation, who's rights have been trampled upon by an uncaring D.I.A. for too long!

Now Begone! I have some poor children to feed and workers to hire at my front door, for they know who they can REALLY rely on....the Apolyton Labor Party!

/RP

(I really wanted to make a speech too, Spiffor, thanks for letting me embarrass you)

(you know i'm just kidding...)

Last edited by Meshelic; December 12, 2002 at 11:36.
Old December 12, 2002, 12:21   #39
Arnelos
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG SarantiumCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 07:19
Meshelic,

1. Aro stated, rather specifically, that he is not a Trotskyite, but rather something more akin to Stalin's view of Trotskyism (that it's pointless, it being possible to be both a patriot and a communist at the same time).

2. The DIA has "wings" much like it seems your emerging Labor Party. It would seem that our "left" wing and your "left" wing perhaps even overlap. This might even make an alliance possible. Of course, that might create problems with each of our "right" wings, which are understandably "right" of their respective parties in very different respects (our "right" being rather 19th Century Liberal/Industrialist while still averse to warmongering, while yours is seemingly hawkish while still populist/laborite). That doesn't mean that these differences are irreconciliable, however

Perhaps we should discuss potential cooperation on one issue where it seems we are in agreement: industrial development
Old December 12, 2002, 12:32   #40
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Local Time: 06:19
First off the DIA has nothing to do with capitalists. Capitalists are ALWAYS hawkish and the DIA is extremely anti-war which makes them the enemy of Capitalists who make money when a nation is at war.
Old December 12, 2002, 13:11   #41
Meshelic
King

[roleplay]

Arnelos,

I began my Labor Party and greeted the D.I.A. in peace, and was answered by open, public hostility. Only jdjdjd returned my peaceful intentions, while the remaining members of the D.I.A. responded with nothing but criticism, malice, and disregard for my designs for the Party, which I might add are working wonderfully, just as I'd hoped.

The Democratic Industrialists have since sounded more and more threatened by the Labor Party's existence each day.

And now you speak of party alliances?

I have no intention of allying myself and my party to the D.I.A., especially in light of Spiffor's accusations.

Perhaps there will be some issues that the two parties shall mutually agree upon, though I reckon they shall be few and far between, and along completely different paths.

Having been greeted with hostilities, the Labor Party now denounces the Democratic Industrialists for refusing to uphold the rights of the workers and their right to organize, for denouncing the Labor Party as a mob whose "bloodthirst only equals their stupidity", and for shamelessly lying to the public regarding the agenda of the Laborers, when the agenda was in front of their eyes the whole time.

end roleplay

(don't forget i'm playing with you)
Old December 12, 2002, 13:23   #42
Aro
lifer
PtWDG Glory of WarC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering StormCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Local Time: 09:19
Quote:
Originally posted by Arnelos
Meshelic,

1. Aro stated, rather specifically, that he is not a Trotskyite, but rather something more akin to Stalin's view of Trotskyism ...
I was just kidding, Arnelos. In all my life, I never saw a Trotskyite becomes a Stalinist (I really used to be a Trotskyite)...
But we need some rp to make the game more fun, so I can play as a Stalinist. After all, Stalin was the boss in the USSR for a looooong time. He's well known (as a butcher, mostly ) by everybody.

About the cooperation... It's fine to me. In RL, parties have to cooperate many times, no matter how much they hate one each other… (just kidding,)

We are interested in organize people, bring our 'vet units' back to the game, and new ones too, if possible.

I'm sure that you think in the same way.

Edited after the Meshelic's post:
rp mode ON/
However, I'll deny every word I wrote if this is the will of our Chairman...
rp mode OFF/

Last edited by Aro; December 12, 2002 at 13:30.
Old December 12, 2002, 13:24   #43
Arnelos
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG SarantiumCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 07:19
(chuckling at Meshelic's post, here )

Because of the very odd nature of the electoral system here in Apolytonia, whether or not our parties will be part of the same government (and thus forced to cooperate) will not be an issue decided by us. Rather, it is entirely possible that Spiffor and myself will be elected alongside yourself!

Should that take place, no doubt we will work together to the extent that be a possibility. If not, I would expect nothing less of you Meshelic, than to be a bold opposition leader

A broader alliance, I agree, would not be a possiblity. I meant only that we might seek tactical alliances as they suit each of our platforms case-by-case. That, at least, remains a hopeful possibility

[rp]

As for the stance of the DIA regarding industrialization and labor, we are strongly supportive of industrializing the land and in the empowerment and betterment of the common man. It is at the heart of the liberal values which are the very foundation of the Democratic Industrialist movement!

Most importantly, we happen to believe that his betterment is in fact best aided by the expansion of industry and commerce! The point here is that any who stand against the competitive and progressive nature of natural commerce obviously do not truly hold the betterment of the common man at heart!

Old December 12, 2002, 13:32   #44
Meshelic
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Aro

About the cooperation... It's fine to me. In RL, parties have to cooperate many times, no matter how much they hate one each other… (just kidding,)

{RP} Oh OH OH!!! Sleeping with the enemy eh?

*casts the "you will pay dearly for this, you...you...you left-wing traitor!" look at Aro*

{RP}

(chuckles w/Aro)
Old December 12, 2002, 13:53   #45
Meshelic
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Arnelos

Because of the very odd nature of the electoral system here in Apolytonia, whether or not our parties will be part of the same government (and thus forced to cooperate) will not be an issue decided by us. Rather, it is entirely possible that Spiffor and myself will be elected alongside yourself!
Well that's certainly quite a possibility, although I'm not sure of my own chances against E_T....probably slim to none. However, I do agree with you Arnelos, if in the case that I am elected, we will have to cooperate (which I don't foresee in reality as being a problem at all). I'm still an Apolytonian, even if I am the opposition!

You can definitely expect several great"party" roleplaying threads however!

Quote:
If not, I would expect nothing less of you Meshelic, than to be a bold opposition leader
Why thank you Arnelos! I believe that's the first compliment I've ever gotten from you, ever! Just kidding.

Quote:
[rp]

As for the stance of the DIA regarding industrialization and labor, we are strongly supportive of industrializing the land and in the empowerment and betterment of the common man. It is at the heart of the liberal values which are the very foundation of the Democratic Industrialist movement!

Most importantly, we happen to believe that his betterment is in fact best aided by the expansion of industry and commerce! The point here is that any who stand against the competitive and progressive nature of natural commerce obviously do not truly hold the betterment of the common man at heart!

[responding Roleplay]
Competition and progressiveness I agree with. However, I do not agree with the Democractic Industrialists turning our beautiful cities into dirty industrial slums, full of under-paid, under-fed workers who give their all to a nation that they love; a nation that does not return that love.

It is greed that drives the D.I.A. to no end, turning Apolyton's own citizens into slaves who toil for the recognition they deserve but will never recieve. For the food they shall never eat, for the...well, you get the point! Not many have heard our worker's stories, then again, not many have opened their ears to listen!

A great thriving industry Apolyton does need and rightfully deserve, but at what cost? Let us use the excess lytons from our sub-par military units and get these workers some food and clothing!

And to whose betterment are you planning your industrial designs? The working class, or your own personal bank accounts? Hmm...?
[end of Responsive Roleplay]
Old December 14, 2002, 16:28   #46
Panag
Emperor

Quote:

Well that's certainly quite a possibility, although I'm not sure of my own chances against E_T....probably slim to none. However, I do agree with you Arnelos, if in the case that I am elected, we will have to cooperate (which I don't foresee in reality as being a problem at all). I'm still an Apolytonian, even if I am the opposition!

You can definitely expect several great"party" roleplaying threads however!

Why thank you Arnelos! I believe that's the first compliment I've ever gotten from you, ever! Just kidding.

[responding Roleplay]
Competition and progressiveness I agree with. However, I do not agree with the Democractic Industrialists turning our beautiful cities into dirty industrial slums, full of under-paid, under-fed workers who give their all to a nation that they love; a nation that does not return that love.

It is greed that drives the D.I.A. to no end, turning Apolyton's own citizens into slaves who toil for the recognition they deserve but will never recieve. For the food they shall never eat, for the...well, you get the point! Not many have heard our worker's stories, then again, not many have opened their ears to listen!

A great thriving industry Apolyton does need and rightfully deserve, but at what cost? Let us use the excess lytons from our sub-par military units and get these workers some food and clothing!

And to whose betterment are you planning your industrial designs? The working class, or your own personal bank accounts? Hmm...?
[end of Responsive Roleplay]
hi ,

, , ; the DIA starts to build factories to sell clothes to the workers

the DIA ask the government when the hydroplants are going to be build , ......

have a nice economical day
Old December 14, 2002, 17:50   #47
Beta
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 MonkeyC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversCivilization IV PBEMCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamBtS Tri-LeaguePolyCast TeamDiploGamesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG TemplarsC3CDG Team Babylon
Deity

Local Time: 08:19
Meshelic - as a poor, once homeless and underfed dog - I respectfully request to join the Labour (proper English spelling) Party.

I have a fair paw with the pen, and am adept at defacing city sidewalks and fire hydrants.

I also voted for you as SMC, if that counts for anything regarding my membership... or maybe another can of Alpo. (But hey - I don't want to get you into trouble over election fraud.)

woof woof
Old December 14, 2002, 20:04   #48
Meshelic
King

Betahound, you will be pleased to know I have added you to the Labor Party membership list. Welcome to the team!

panag - I was hoping Arnelos would answer my question, although you bring up an interesting point. Perhaps the D.I.A. HAS made clothes for our workers in their factories, but who worked in the factories in the first place? Certainly not any member of the D.I.A., no, they like to keep their hands soft and clean, untouched by hard labor.

And those clothes they made have a tendency to make ones body itch (we have recieved several reports of such side-effects to wearing D.I.A. manufactured clothes).
Old December 14, 2002, 20:12   #49
Panag
Emperor

Quote:
Betahound, you will be pleased to know I have added you to the Labor Party membership list. Welcome to the team!

panag - I was hoping Arnelos would answer my question, although you bring up an interesting point. Perhaps the D.I.A. HAS made clothes for our workers in their factories, but who worked in the factories in the first place? Certainly not any member of the D.I.A., no, they like to keep their hands soft and clean, untouched by hard labor.

And those clothes they made have a tendency to make ones body itch (we have recieved several reports of such side-effects to wearing D.I.A. manufactured clothes).
hi ,

, ......... , of course there are members of the DIA working inside the factories , .....

by the way , you better start with some PR , or you might loose the SMC election , .......

you see members of the government are free from prosecution , .......

have a nice day

panag > checks new electric torture tools in the palace basement , ...... just in case Meshelic gets not elected , ....

Old December 14, 2002, 20:20   #50
Meshelic
King

[QUOTE] Originally posted by panag

Quote:
, ......... , of course there are members of the DIA working inside the factories , .....
Um, no, no there are not.

Quote:
by the way , you better start with some PR , or you might loose the SMC election , .......
I have already spoken on what my plans would be for SMC, it is time for the Senate to decide. I'm not worried either way about winning or losing.

Quote:
you see members of the government are free from prosecution , .......
and every citizen and Senator can support their own opinions with free speech. Besides, Arnelos hasn't quite taken the Presidential office yet.

Quote:
panag > checks new electric torture tools in the palace basement , ...... just in case Meshelic gets not elected , ....
The Shadow Service will have something to say about that, it only takes .10 Lytons to call my agents back into active duty....and they are quite a scary bunch. I would know, because I trained them.
Old December 14, 2002, 20:22   #51
Meshelic
King

I hope this thread can continue free of spamming by D.I.A. cronies.

Last edited by Meshelic; December 15, 2002 at 00:36.
Old December 14, 2002, 20:29   #52
Panag
Emperor

hi ,

hey ; party leader , clean out your mailbox , .......

have a nice night
Old December 14, 2002, 20:33   #53
Meshelic
King

panag - mailbox empty now, you can send whatever it is you wanted to send...
Old December 15, 2002, 13:50   #54
Panag
Emperor

Quote:
panag - mailbox empty now, you can send whatever it is you wanted to send...
hi ,

well its on its way

now , as the leader of the party you should really consider of going back in the SMC race , .....

have a nice day
Old December 15, 2002, 15:36   #55
Aro
lifer
PtWDG Glory of WarC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering StormCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Local Time: 09:19
Meshelic, your mailbox is full again!
Old December 15, 2002, 17:11   #56
Panag
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Aro
Meshelic, your mailbox is full again!
hi ,

Meshelic , you can copy those PM's , ...... so please keep at least no more then 100 pm's , so that the people can reach you , .......please , .....

have a nice day
Old December 15, 2002, 19:32   #57
Meshelic
King

Strange, I emptied quite a bit out.

Blast, I'll have to go back again.
Old December 15, 2002, 19:35   #58
Panag
Emperor

Quote:
Strange, I emptied quite a bit out.

Blast, I'll have to go back again.
hi ,

the max is 150 , but you can copy them , ......

have a nice day
Old December 15, 2002, 19:47   #59
Meshelic
King

Ok, my PM box is totally empty. I shouldn't run out of space for about oh....5 months from now.
Old December 15, 2002, 19:51   #60
Panag
Emperor

Quote:
Ok, my PM box is totally empty. I shouldn't run out of space for about oh....5 months from now.
hi ,

good , cause if its full again before X-mass you shall be fed to the bananas , .......

have a nice day