Old December 10, 2002, 00:53   #1
Arnelos
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG SarantiumCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 07:22
Local Date: November 1, 2010
I need a Senator to post my bill
Given that the NewCon establishes that ministers are not senators and that only senators may post a legal senate bill, I need a senator to post the bill I've written for the alliances.

PLEASE PM me if you are a Senator (not a minister, President, VP, or Justice) are online, and willing to post the Senate Bill.

Thanks.
Old December 10, 2002, 01:14   #2
Arnelos
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG SarantiumCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

C'mon people... I'm still waiting around to see if anyone will PM me...
Old December 10, 2002, 04:42   #3
Togas
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 SunshineC3CDG The Lost BoysC4DG The Mercenary TeamPtWDG RoleplayC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 04:22
Arnelos ...

I've been in the same boat. As VP I'm also not a senator. Can't post bills either.

I think next term I'll join the ranks of the people and start making more laws.

--Togas
Heir to the lost throne of Spain of the Roleplay Team in the PTW Democracy Multiplayer Team Game.
Old December 10, 2002, 06:06   #4
Harovan
staff
PtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Monty PythonC4DG Gathering Storm
Civ4: Colonization Content Editor

Local Time: 13:22
What, pray tell, is a senator in this game? Did I miss something?
Old December 10, 2002, 07:57   #5
Aro
lifer
PtWDG Glory of WarC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering StormCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Local Time: 09:22
Ahem... I'm a senator, I suppose...
What do you need, guys?
Old December 10, 2002, 08:06   #6
Aro
lifer
PtWDG Glory of WarC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering StormCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Local Time: 09:22
You just find a senator... MSS. The problem is solved.
Old December 10, 2002, 09:30   #7
Meshelic
PtWDG Gathering StormCivilization III Democracy GameNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Sir Ralph
What, pray tell, is a senator in this game? Did I miss something?
A senator is a member of the population who is not a Minister, and not a member of the Court. So basically everyone and anyone who doesn't run for an office or get appointed to an office gets to post a Senate Bill.

Old December 10, 2002, 16:43   #8
Arnelos
Emperor

From the NewCon:

Quote:
Article II. The Senate
1 All citizens who are not currently a Minister, President, Vice- President or Judge are Senators
2 Any Senator may propose a law.
I hope that answers the question.
Old December 10, 2002, 18:39   #9
Meshelic
PtWDG Gathering StormCivilization III Democracy GameNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Arnelos

(pretty OT but worth mentioning in my opinion) Just finished watching the first two episodes of Star Wars and man, I gotta say that I always get this feeling that you are somehow conspiring to take everything over. Your avatar just weirds me out that way. Palpatine is two-faced, and with all this Senate talk all the time it just ....seems to FIT, sometimes!

And then I realize that I'm probably daft, and move on.
Old December 10, 2002, 18:43   #10
Arnelos
Emperor

I'm not quite suicidal enough to want to take everything over here...

and speaking of the avatar, I'm probably switching back to William Gladstone for at least a while.
Old December 10, 2002, 21:07   #11
pikesfan
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Prince

Local Time: 06:22
If you can find an avatar of William Gladstone I will give you a Gladstone bag I’d love a Dr. Johnson avatar myself
Old December 11, 2002, 15:45   #12
Arnelos
Emperor

pikesfan,

I used to USE a William Gladstone avatar So yes, I already have one.
Old December 11, 2002, 19:34   #13
Meshelic
King

I've been thinking about changing my avatar (I like to keep things fresh sometimes) but have no idea what to change to.

Any suggestions?
Old December 11, 2002, 22:42   #14
pikesfan
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Prince

Local Time: 06:22
You could always choose Benjamin Disraeli to go with Gladstone. But if you want to be clever you should choose someone obscure so that people ask “Who’s that?”

Which reminds me, Who’s that? He looks vaguely like Peter the Great, but is probably someone I would slap my head over not recognizing. Or is it Rembrandt? He looks 17th century, and probably Dutch.

Please, no animé references, and make sure your avatar has two eyes, two nostrils and a mouth Oh, no Simpson references too. They’ve been done quite thoroughly.

Oh, by the way, while we’re on the subject, is Trip’s avatar supposed to be a caricature of Trip?
Old December 11, 2002, 22:49   #15
Meshelic
King

Arnelos has the vile (yet so far revered) Senator Palpatine avatar and I'm rocking the Peter the Great avatar (taken from the famous painting of him and his son, shortly before he sentenced his son to death for treason).

So no he isn't Dutch, although Peter Naryshkin (peter the great) admired the Dutch very much, especially for their trade and shipbuilding techniques. Interesting you should mention the Dutch....

I'm debating about switching to Charles XIII, Peter the Great's arch-nemisis, who was King of Sweden at the time of Peter's rule. The two nations of Russia and Sweden fought a long, LONG war that lasted both their entire reigns.

But I probably won't do that. Wouldn't want to be flogged for treason....jk.

Or maybe I'll find a Jonathan Neyanyahu picture (former Israeli Prime Minister Ben Netanyahu's deceased brother) who was an Israeli war hero. Hmm we'll see. Lots to choose from. Maybe I should make a bunch of choices and post a poll!

Last edited by Meshelic; December 11, 2002 at 22:55.
Old December 24, 2002, 00:35   #16
Jon Shafer
PtWDG RoleplayPtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG Neu DemogypticaInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG LegolandPtWDG Vox ControliPtWDG Glory of WarPtWDG2 SunshineApolyton UniversityC3CDG Desolation RowApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV CreatorsC4DG SarantiumApolyCon 06 ParticipantsPtWDG Lux Invicta
Firaxis Games Programmer/Designer

Local Time: 08:22
Quote:
Originally posted by pikesfan
Oh, by the way, while we’re on the subject, is Trip’s avatar supposed to be a caricature of Trip?
Somewhat.

The whole story is that long long ago I was designing a game that was going to create about 3 years ago about heroes and slaying evil creatures and powerful magic and all that hoopla, based somewhat upon the epic game Chrono Trigger. The two main characters' names were "Trip" and "Tram", the former of which looked quite a lot like the character Crono from CT (which is who my avatar is). The game never materialized, but I decided to make it part of my legacy, and promptly took the name of the hero that never was.

That is the short, but tearful story of how I got my name and avatar.
Old December 24, 2002, 05:48   #17
Shiber
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 Cake or Death?InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 14:22
Quote:
Originally posted by Trip
Chrono Trigger

This was the best RPG game ever, only matched by Secret of Mana 2 (aka Seiken Densetsu 3).
- Phantom of the Opera