View Poll Results: Should the DM office be split to it's former two offices?
Yay 17 58.62%
Nay 12 41.38%
Abstain/Don't Care 0 0%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Old December 11, 2002, 13:22   #31
joncnunn
Civilization III Democracy GameC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton UniversityC3CDG Team BabylonApolyton Storywriters' GuildCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumC4BtSDG Templars
Emperor

Local Time: 07:24
Local Date: November 1, 2010
If a DM wants to divide chores, he can appoint Duputies.
Old December 11, 2002, 14:38   #32
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Local Time: 06:24
Quote:
Originally posted by joncnunn
If a DM wants to divide chores, he can appoint Duputies.
That is the problem. No one wants to put in the time not knowing if their work and effort is going to be ignored. GodKing had competition for his deputy positions because he let their orders stand. ET on the other hand considered their orders suggestions.

By OFFICIALLY giving them elected districts they can put in the work feeling confident that it will be worthwhile. Leaving it in up in the air effectively discourages virtually all of them from wanting to have anything to do with the process.

You can bash and talk about how awful my idea is all day, but the fact is by not using it you YOU HAVE NO DOMESTIC MINISTER. If you use it you might get a few Regional Ministers and then at least some of the work will be done.

Anyway, this is the last I have to say on the Demo Game as it is obvious jdjdjd, E_T, and joncnunn have me on their Ignore lists and aren't reading my posts.

Last edited by GhengisFarb™; December 11, 2002 at 14:44.
Old December 11, 2002, 15:19   #33
joncnunn
Civilization III Democracy GameC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton UniversityC3CDG Team BabylonApolyton Storywriters' GuildCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumC4BtSDG Templars
Emperor

Can't speak for the others, but I haven't set up an Ignore list at all.

Public Works and City Managment though are closely tied together. During the industrial ages, cities building a factory should be high on the list to get worked hills+mined tiles RRed, while cities where the hospital is about done should have plains + irrigation tiles RRed.

I do agree that GodKing's style is more condusive to getting deputies.

Quote:
Originally posted by GhengisFarb

Anyway, this is the last I have to say on the Demo Game as it is obvious jdjdjd, E_T, and joncnunn have me on their Ignore lists and aren't reading my posts.
Old December 11, 2002, 17:40   #34
E_T
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3CDG Team BabylonC4DG SarantiumCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Local Time: 08:24
Quote:

FYI, I don't have anyone on my Ignore list.

I consider things that people have said and have tried to fit it in with the whole plan. Sometimes, Reality hits and somethings just can't be done, within a Reasonable timeframe AND/OR budget. I have to pick and choose what is more Important and if it can be accomplished in a reasonable period of time.

When Donegeal was RA for Pina Colda (sp) Provence, he was very outspoken on several issues, mostly in his provence. Some of the stuff I used, some I didn't. And I had explained to him the reasons for my decisions, It just wasn't that I had Ignored what he was saying, but taking in the Big Picture and working off of that. And because of the fact that I trusted him to "keep me staight" and being as outspoken as he was, I had asked him to be my deputy/vice, not once but twice.

If that's Wrong in some people's eyes, then so be it. I was the elected Official, not him. I had to answer to others, not him. If he screwed up and I didn't catch it, It would be my fault, not his. It's mostly a difference in style of management, not being the "Power Hungry" person that I was later made out to be.

E_T
Old December 11, 2002, 18:30   #35
Hot Mustard
PtWDG RoleplayCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Monty Python
King

Quote:
Regardless of whether this is true or not, GhengisFarb, those three members are not the only active participants in this game. I, for one, appreciate your input, and I'm sure many others do as well. At times your passion seems to put people on guard, but your opinion is always a valuable contribution.

I agree with GF's assessment of the DM and RA positions. E_T has done such an incredible job of Domestic Minister that no one wants to follow his lead - it's just too much work. Now that our position in the game is very solid, I don't think we're risking destabilization or anything by creating official RA positions. I would also run for an RA position if they existed.
Old December 11, 2002, 18:54   #36
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Dang it, you people keep making me post after I said I wasn't going to!

1) I never said you were power hungry, E_T. I simply said that RA's felt you didn't follow their orders (in their minds - suggestions in yours) and several of them told me they didn't have any desire to work on orders if they wer going to be ignored, which I can understand.

2) There, with districts and OFFICIALLY elected RA positions you already have two members stating they would do it. With the single DM you have NOBODY.

WHY OFFICIALLY ELECTED RA'S ARE BETTER:
1) They are elected and RESPONSIBLE for their orders. Appointed RAs aren't responsible for squat as E_T said.

2) Their orders are exactly that, orders. This makes it more likey for someone to want to put effort into the job.

3) It gives the Senate something Senatey to do. They get to draw up districts and I'm sure prospective RA's will try to carve up their own little projects to run for.

Besides in the PTW game I only have six units I have to give orders to, so that really doesn't take much time.

Last edited by GhengisFarb™; December 11, 2002 at 19:08.
Old December 11, 2002, 19:04   #37
E_T
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3CDG Team BabylonC4DG SarantiumCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Quote:
Sang it, you peopel keep making me post after I said I wasn't going to!
GF, we aren't holding a gun to your head....

Quote:
I never said you were power hungry, E_T.
And I had never stated that you had thought that way. I did say that some people had (thought that and/or spoken it).

E_T
Old December 11, 2002, 19:05   #38
Meshelic
PtWDG Gathering StormCivilization III Democracy GameNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 04:24
Quote:
Sang it, you peopel keep making me post after I said I wasn't going to!
The C3DG is calling you back Ghengis....you know it is.....just give in to the light.....do it for the babies.....the babies that the French ate.....do it for them.....

C'mon Ghengis it ain't the same without ya!
Old December 11, 2002, 21:35   #39
jdjdjd
PtWDG RoleplayCivilization III Democracy Game
Prince

I could have swore I posted.

GF I never ignored you, nor did I ever disagree with you on this issue, yet.

I like RAs over splitting, between CP and PW...I said I'd like to see what happens next term, especially if we don't have anyone run for DM.

Then I gave a plug for Arnelos as President.

I would suggest that instead of electing the RAs, maybe we mandate that the DM appoint 4 RAs, that way he picks people he can work with. That may make it that we do not have to pass an amendment only a law.

I think we can do it. Creating newly elected posts would require spelling out their duties, and people have already said that would need an amendment, but just mandating the DM have 4 RAs and a VM, falls under the Senate Powers. Thats my opinion.
Old December 12, 2002, 04:18   #40
nz_upy
Warlord

Local Time: 12:24
Dont You People Get It.
To be elected is far more fun and makes people responsible for what they do. It also means that new people arent intimidated by the huge roles of the ministers and so therefore they can get into government gain some experience and then maybe go on for higher honours.

Who wants to be appointed where we are not actually the guy who will face the music and dont have any real sense of power.
We want to be elected, Governor of our little piece of Apolytonia.
Old December 12, 2002, 04:28   #41
Meshelic
PtWDG Gathering StormCivilization III Democracy GameNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 04:24
Here here!
Old December 12, 2002, 05:27   #42
notyoueither
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by nz_upy
We want to be elected, Governor of our little piece of Apolytonia.
Fine. Have the senate elect you dog catcher of Duddaville. Go nuts.
Old December 12, 2002, 07:02   #43
Panag
MacCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusC4BtSDG Rabbits of Caerbannog
Emperor

Local Time: 14:24
hi ,

, lets hope that this does not make it more complicated , .....

then again it should get more people involved , ....

have a nice day
Old December 13, 2002, 00:30   #44
nz_upy
Warlord

Local Time: 12:24
I find your comment spiteful NYE and not in good taste either. Are you implying that just because I dont/cant want to take on one of the bigger roles I am a lesser person? I find your humor insulting.

Just Kidding
Can i really be a dogcatcher in Duddaville?? Do we have a Duddaville? El Duderino would be better.

What is wrong with having a small Administration?
Why did you mock me?