Old December 15, 2002, 01:52   #61
Meshelic
PtWDG Gathering StormCivilization III Democracy GameNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 04:25
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Divisions in the Senate
/EDIT This information will be updated for greater accuracy. At the moment the stats are all off, due to the unknown amount of active members....

Last edited by Meshelic; December 15, 2002 at 07:34.
Old December 15, 2002, 02:00   #62
Arnelos
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG SarantiumCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 07:25
Meshelic,

We ought to just repeat either the poll that Duddha ran or the poll that I ran.

Personally, I'd think (for accuracy) we'd want to wait until the Labor Party's initial surge in membership levels off (so we get a better picture of how much support the Labor Party will gather).

That said, the assessment that the VAST MAJORITY of all voters are Independent has always been true.
Old December 15, 2002, 02:07   #63
Arnelos
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG SarantiumCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Oh, and as to the color scheme... shouldn't the Labor Party be in red?
Old December 15, 2002, 02:20   #64
Meshelic
PtWDG Gathering StormCivilization III Democracy GameNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Arnelos
Oh, and as to the color scheme... shouldn't the Labor Party be in red?
haha you noticed. I was wondering if anyone would notice that....

I'll go red or brown next time (appropriately so), what color would you prefer the D.I.A. to be represented by?

The independents will absolutely remain yellow. It only makes perfect sense.
Old December 15, 2002, 02:22   #65
Meshelic
King

Arnelos, can you include a link to either of those polls for me? please?

Last edited by Meshelic; December 15, 2002 at 02:41.
Old December 15, 2002, 02:23   #66
Arnelos
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Meshelic
what color would you prefer the D.I.A. to be represented by?
Hmm.. good question. We'll have to bring this subject up among the party members and see what the official party color should be
Old December 15, 2002, 02:24   #67
Arnelos
Emperor

A link? Oh boy.... that means I gotta go FIND THEM first

Ok
Old December 15, 2002, 02:43   #68
Arnelos
Emperor

Meshelic,

Found 'em!

Duddha's political poll can be found here

My political poll can be found here

Duddha's poll listed several different political organizations and let people pick more than one (so the numbers are pretty inflated, but it does gives a nice picture of what sentiment for each organization was back then).

My poll only let people make one choice and attempted to create a number of "leaning" options to vary out where people fell so we could look at those heavily committed to a party line -vs- those who are not. Of course, mine also made the affiliation specific to ELECTIONS rather than party platforms, so the results are probbly affected by that somewhat.

As for what to do for the next poll. However it's done, it should still include the Hawks. There are a number of people out there (UnOrthOdOx, UberKruX, etc.) who are still very loyal to the Hawk platform, despite the fact that the Hawks aren't terribly organized anymore.
Old December 15, 2002, 02:46   #69
Arnelos
Emperor

Oh, and if you were to use Duddha's poll method (probably preferred for simplicity), make it so that people can only vote for one choice (and only include actual political parties, not roleplay movements).
Old December 15, 2002, 02:50   #70
Meshelic
King

Thanks Arnelos, okay new poll getting started....

oh and Arnelos, I think that because you've gummed up the Labor Party Home thread with 7 posts in 1 page (I know, partially my fault), I get to go spam a bit in your D.I.A. thread, just to be fair. ok? good.
Old December 15, 2002, 13:18   #71
Panag
MacCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusC4BtSDG Rabbits of Caerbannog
Emperor

Local Time: 14:25
hi ,

pssssst , arnelos , vote likud and get free bananas , .....

héhéh

have a nice day
Old December 15, 2002, 21:48   #72
Meshelic
King

RP

The DIA, in their quest for total dominance of the political scope, have stooped to a new low by spamming the threads of their opposition! Blatantly they burst in through the doors while the Labor Party tries to discuss their policies, interrupting the peace and the rightful democratic assemblage of peoples.

Despite their vows to uphold the democracy, the DIA acts more like a totalitarian regime, choking off the last vestiges of free speech and the rights of Apolyton's citizens!

Consider this a "Cease and Desist" order, on behalf of the Labor Party and it's members. Further UN-INVITED spamming will most SURELY result in a court case aimed at the DIA.

I ask that all Labor Party members resist the urge to spam the DIA threads. Thank you

end Roleplay

Seriously, could the DIA stay out please?

Thanks
Meshelic

Arnelos, don't worry this isn't aimed at you personally. We should have had our conversation in PM.....
Old December 15, 2002, 22:11   #73
Panzer32
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC4DG VoxInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 SunshinePtWDG2 Monty PythonPtWDG2 MonkeyPtWDG2 Latin LoversPtWDG2 Cake or Death?PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Glory of War
Emperor

Local Time: 08:25
you want the DIA out, boss? I'll get them out...

rp

Hey you industry lovers!! Take a load of my main gun!! Yes, this here!! Watch out its loaded!! Oops my hand is close to the fire button!! <<|BOOM|>> That was a warning shot fired above your heads!! Now SCRAM ALL OF YOU!!!!!!

*DIA members flee for their life...

end RP

Hows that, boss?
Proud Member of the ISDG Apolyton Team; Member #2 in the Apolyton Yact Club.
King of Trafalgar and Lord of all Isolationia in the Civ III PTW Glory of War team.
---------
May God Bless.
Old December 15, 2002, 22:16   #74
Aro
lifer
PtWDG Glory of WarC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering StormCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Local Time: 09:25
Old December 15, 2002, 23:30   #75
Beta
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 MonkeyC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversCivilization IV PBEMCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamBtS Tri-LeaguePolyCast TeamDiploGamesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG TemplarsC3CDG Team Babylon
Deity

P32 - wonderful!!

Enough of that wussy 'whiff of grapeshot' nonsense.

AP round to the head. Gotta love it.

Labor rules! One way or the other.
Old December 16, 2002, 04:58   #76
Meshelic
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Panzer32
you want the DIA out, boss? I'll get them out...

rp

Hey you industry lovers!! Take a load of my main gun!! Yes, this here!! Watch out its loaded!! Oops my hand is close to the fire button!! <<|BOOM|>> That was a warning shot fired above your heads!! Now SCRAM ALL OF YOU!!!!!!

*DIA members flee for their life...

end RP

Hows that, boss?
Very effective, Panzer32! Perhaps you may wish to accept the position of Labor Party Chief of Security?
Old December 16, 2002, 06:38   #77
Meshelic
King

Now, Labor Party members, we have been asked a question that has not been acknowledged in our Charter. Do we support slavery? That is the discussion.

I ask for all of you to state your own opinions before I post my own personal opinion on the matter. What do you think? Do we support slavery or oppose it? Thoughts?
Old December 16, 2002, 09:01   #78
Aro
lifer
PtWDG Glory of WarC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering StormCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Local Time: 09:25
I don't support slavery. Even in a game...
Old December 16, 2002, 09:40   #79
Meshelic
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Aro
I don't support slavery. Even in a game...
Those are my feelings as well. Provided we don't encounter opposition by the rest of our members, this shall be added as an amendment to our Charter, that the Labor Party does not support slavery.....
Old December 16, 2002, 10:41   #80
Beta
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 MonkeyC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversCivilization IV PBEMCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamBtS Tri-LeaguePolyCast TeamDiploGamesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG TemplarsC3CDG Team Babylon
Deity

I agree - free our enslaved brothers and sisters!!!!
Old December 16, 2002, 19:46   #81
Meshelic
King

We have a 3-0-2 vote on the issue of slavery. No response from Panzer32 or Shiber (who will be listed as abstain), but majority has spoken regardless. I shall add the amendment of anti-slavery to our Charter.
Old December 16, 2002, 20:07   #82
Panag
MacCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusC4BtSDG Rabbits of Caerbannog
Emperor

Local Time: 14:25
Quote:
We have a 3-0-2 vote on the issue of slavery. No response from Panzer32 or Shiber (who will be listed as abstain), but majority has spoken regardless. I shall add the amendment of anti-slavery to our Charter.
hi ,

, if you guys keep it up like this you shall get more people faster then you can print membership cards , well done

p.s. will you guys have a weekly newsletter
it would seem intresting to read after the democratic progress you have made so fast

have a nice day & happy holidays
Old December 16, 2002, 20:13   #83
Meshelic
King

I am considering a weekly newsletter for the Labor Party thread, but panag could you ask your questions in PM rather than on the Party threads? Thanks for your encouragement, but Labor Party threads are not for DIA members unless we invite you....

Thanks.
Meshelic
Old December 16, 2002, 20:32   #84
Panzer32
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC4DG VoxInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 SunshinePtWDG2 Monty PythonPtWDG2 MonkeyPtWDG2 Latin LoversPtWDG2 Cake or Death?PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Glory of War
Emperor

Panzer32 does not like slavery
King of Trafalgar and Lord of all Isolationia in the Civ III PTW Glory of War team.
---------
May God Bless.
Old December 16, 2002, 20:38   #85
Meshelic
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Panzer32
Panzer32 does not like slavery
Slavery poll adds Panzer32's vote.

4 votes AGAINST slavery (Aro, BetaHound, Meshelic, Panzer32)
0 votes FOR slavery
1 vote to abstain (Shiber may change his vote when he responds, until then he will have an abstain vote)

Our first official Party decision has been made. From this point on, and it shall be added into an amendment to the charter that the Labor Party denounces slavery in all its forms, and pledges to fight for the freedom of all slaves worldwide.

Old December 16, 2002, 21:04   #86
Kloreep
C3CDG Team BabylonPtWDG LegolandInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityCivilization IV PBEMC4DG The Mercenary Team
Emperor

What the heck, I'll join. First time I've joined a party in the many months of the demogame...

Oh, and it's a little late, but I say down with slavery.
Old December 16, 2002, 21:22   #87
Meshelic
King

Welcome Kloreep! Thanks for joining! You're doing your country a huge service.....

I'll add your vote as well to the anti-slavery establishment....

(by the way, you voted independent in the political poll, I assume?)
Old December 16, 2002, 21:37   #88
Kloreep
C3CDG Team BabylonPtWDG LegolandInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityCivilization IV PBEMC4DG The Mercenary Team
Emperor

Thanks for the welcome.

Quote:
(by the way, you voted independent in the political poll, I assume?)
Yes, I did, so take one from Inds and add it to Labor.
Old December 16, 2002, 21:54   #89
Panzer32
Emperor

Free the slaves

add them to our cities, assimilate them, and then make a worker that works twice as hard as those slaves!!
---------
May God Bless.
Old December 16, 2002, 23:09   #90
Beta
lifer
Deity

Kloreep - welcome to the light.

(one smiley for every member)