Old December 17, 2002, 06:01   #91
Meshelic
PtWDG Gathering StormCivilization III Democracy GameNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 04:25
Local Date: November 1, 2010
I'm pretty impressed with our lineup here. Not only do we have members from just about every team from the PTW games, but we also have

1. a cartographer (Aro)
2. a politician (Meshelic)
3. an intelligence officer (Shiber)
4. a clerk (Kloreep)
5. a security agent (Panzer32)
6. a translator (BetaHound who speaks dog talk)

Very nice. So basically, we have an Intelligence Officer (Shiber) who delivers information to a Clerk (Kloreep) who has the Cartographer (Aro) draw up a map that a politician (Meshelic) bases his speeches on, a Translator (BetaHound) who makes sure all the dogs understand the Politician while a Security Agent (Panzer32) stands by, ready to bonk heads.

Old December 17, 2002, 09:32   #92
Beta
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 MonkeyC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversCivilization IV PBEMCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamBtS Tri-LeaguePolyCast TeamDiploGamesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG TemplarsC3CDG Team Babylon
Deity

Local Time: 08:25
So, I guess what you are saying is that we are UNSTOPPABLE !!!!

Labor rules! (but recruiting continues....)

woof

(Hey! How come there are no dog smileys?? This is just another form of repession against the working class "dogs" of Apolytanian society!)

Old December 17, 2002, 09:44   #93
Shiber
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 Cake or Death?InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 14:25
We're gonna change that, brother.
- Phantom of the Opera
Old December 17, 2002, 10:04   #94
Meshelic
PtWDG Gathering StormCivilization III Democracy GameNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Aro and I have a new idea. I'll PM you guys the details when I'm less tired (it's 6:05 in the morning for me right now, and I'm about ready to go to sleep.)

Chairman Meshelic
Old December 17, 2002, 11:01   #95
Beta
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 MonkeyC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversCivilization IV PBEMCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamBtS Tri-LeaguePolyCast TeamDiploGamesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG TemplarsC3CDG Team Babylon
Deity

Shiber - solidarity, man!

(and I am only 260 posts away from getting my own dog avatar. Did you notice there are no dog avatars available for we the sub-500-post crowd either. What is the world coming to?)
Old December 17, 2002, 11:29   #96
Shiber
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 Cake or Death?InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Were there no dog units in Civ 2 whose graphics MarkG can put in the avatars directory for <500-posts people to use?
- Phantom of the Opera
Old December 17, 2002, 12:10   #97
Beta
lifer
Deity

Not sure. I started with Civ3 (which is good as it is now an obsession, so I didn't lose those years of my life when Civ1 and 2 were out. )

I was thinking of picking Civ2 up just for interest's sake. Many folks on Apolyton refer to it.
Old December 17, 2002, 14:07   #98
Aro
lifer
PtWDG Glory of WarC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering StormCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Local Time: 09:25
I did the same... But Civ3 is better.
Some folks here will burn me, as a heretic...
Old December 17, 2002, 15:32   #99
Meshelic
King

Overall I'd say I liked Civ2 much better than Civ3 at least initially. Civ3 is obviously the dominant game, but when Civ2 came out, it just had a sort of "feel" to it that I feel is very different in Civ3. The 2nd civ game provided me with hundreds of hundreds of hours spent, and although it was not perfect, it had some great MODS, great MAPS, and a lot of classy gameplay options that I wish were still around.

Civ3 of course has better graphics, deeper diplomacy options, etc. It's better of course, but there will always be a warm place in my heart for Civ2.

Unfortunately, my copy of the game is so badly scratched up that it won't install the game anymore. So I gotta find a $9 version of it somewhere.
Old December 17, 2002, 15:38   #100
Beta
lifer
Deity

Aro - but if they did burn you as a heretic, it could be to our advantage. We could make you the first great martyr of the labor movement. Your funeral pyre would be splashed across the front pages of all the papers! Just think of your flame - er fame. And how you would ignite (er - bad choice of words there) the passions of the left-wing activists all across Apolytonia.

Then again - we would be back down to five members....
Old December 17, 2002, 15:46   #101
Panag
MacCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusC4BtSDG Rabbits of Caerbannog
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Meshelic
Overall I'd say I liked Civ2 much better than Civ3 at least initially. Civ3 is obviously the dominant game, but when Civ2 came out, it just had a sort of "feel" to it that I feel is very different in Civ3. The 2nd civ game provided me with hundreds of hundreds of hours spent, and although it was not perfect, it had some great MODS, great MAPS, and a lot of classy gameplay options that I wish were still around.

Civ3 of course has better graphics, deeper diplomacy options, etc. It's better of course, but there will always be a warm place in my heart for Civ2.

Unfortunately, my copy of the game is so badly scratched up that it won't install the game anymore. So I gotta find a $9 version of it somewhere.
hi ,

you would be surprised what you can find at yahoo and ebay sometimes , for bargain prices

( no pub for the likud shall be put here )

have a nice day
Old December 17, 2002, 16:02   #102
Kloreep
C3CDG Team BabylonPtWDG LegolandInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityCivilization IV PBEMC4DG The Mercenary Team
Emperor

Local Time: 07:25
We do indeed have an impressive lineup.

Don't forget both me and Meshelic are seeking RAships as well.
Old December 17, 2002, 16:27   #103
Aro
lifer
PtWDG Glory of WarC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering StormCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by BetaHound
Aro - but if they did burn you as a heretic, it could be to our advantage. We could make you the first great martyr of the labor movement. Your funeral pyre would be splashed across the front pages of all the papers! Just think of your flame - er fame. And how you would ignite (er - bad choice of words there) the passions of the left-wing activists all across Apolytonia.

Then again - we would be back down to five members....
Old December 17, 2002, 16:44   #104
Shiber
Emperor

Being leftists, aren't we supposed to object religion or something?
Will the banana be mad?
- Phantom of the Opera

Last edited by Shiber; December 17, 2002 at 16:50.
Old December 17, 2002, 16:49   #105
Kloreep
C3CDG Team BabylonPtWDG LegolandInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityCivilization IV PBEMC4DG The Mercenary Team
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Shiber
Being leftists, aren't we supposed to object religion or something?
Also, will the banana be mad?
He most certainly would be!

Besides, no one can take the Great Banana away from me! I am unworthy, but he is my diety anyway, and of all Apolytonia as well. (Finally found a use for that smilie. )
Old December 17, 2002, 16:59   #106
Shiber
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Kloreep
but he is my diety anyway,
Your diety?
Personally I prefer the regular.

Quote:
(Finally found a use for that smilie. )
I still haven't.
- Phantom of the Opera
Old December 17, 2002, 17:06   #107
Kloreep
Emperor

Quote:
Your diety?
Personally I prefer the regular.
Ack! I've got the misspelling ful!
Old December 17, 2002, 17:16   #108
Meshelic
King

Quote:
Originally posted by panag

hi ,

you would be surprised what you can find at yahoo and ebay sometimes , for bargain prices

( no pub for the likud shall be put here )

have a nice day
panag I warned you earlier.....

Or I'll have to sic Panzer32 on you...and you definetely don't want that!

A last warning from the
Chairman Meshelic
Old December 17, 2002, 17:27   #109
Meshelic
King

Question that just came up for me: are there any LABOR PARTY members out there that would like to see an official Labor Party flag drawn up? We could all submit one and then vote on the best one. After all, most parties do have a symbol/flag...

Thoughts?
Meshelic
Old December 17, 2002, 17:43   #110
Shiber
Emperor

Dunno about a flag in specific, but a symbol would be nice.
I think we'd be the first Apolytonian party with its own symbol then (I don't think the war flag with the shark-banana hybrid counts as the logo for the Hawk party).
- Phantom of the Opera
Old December 17, 2002, 17:49   #111
Meshelic
King

Quote:
Dunno about a flag in specific, but a symbol would be nice.
I think we'd be the first Apolytonian party with its own symbol then (I don't think the war flag with the shark-banana hybrid counts as the logo for the Hawk party).
Hmm interesting. I was a Hawk and I don't remember seeing the shark-banana hybrid.

Maybe some of us could work on a design or a logo, flag, coat-of-arms, whatever ideas any of you might have on our own time. Then we can just submit and vote away.... no rush on it though.

I DO plan on designing a provincial flag for my region when I become an RA....so perhaps by that time I can include the Labor Party symbol in the flag itself...?

Meshelic
Old December 17, 2002, 19:10   #112
Beta
lifer
Deity

There are lots of 'labor' symbols/flags out there.

How about the hammer and sickle.

Or a single hammer - something like a one-armed Legoland.

Or a tractor.

Or a clenched fist. (one of the PTWDemo teams was looking at something like that earlier.)

Or group of workers.

Or a dog... oops. Had to slip that one in.

Or Aro going up in flames ...

I agree - we need a symbol to rally behind.
Old December 17, 2002, 20:33   #113
Meshelic
King

The hammer and sickle, though a logo I personally think is really cool looking (and instills a bit of fear in democracies) is perhaps a little too much. I'd go for it though if we all voted for it...

I was looking through various other Labor Party webpages and couldn't seem to find the right symbol for us yet. Still working on it. Hopefully I can find more than just one....

Meshelic
Old December 17, 2002, 20:37   #114
Aro
lifer
Emperor

The symbol of my party here in Brazil (Partido dos Trabalhadores), the Labor Party, is a star. Just a red star.
Old December 17, 2002, 20:41   #115
Meshelic
King

Wow I was at your party's web page just a little while ago checking it out.

Well, Brazil's got a red star, the Soviets had a hammer and sickle....

still on the lookout...
Old December 17, 2002, 21:28   #116
Meshelic
King

how bout this
Found this one. I've got a flag that I designed too, and was thinking I could put this image in the foreground, but alas, I suck at Photoshop and am still trying to figure out how to do that....

What do you think?

Instead of a star or hammer&sickle, a worker swinging a hammer is a great symbol........

although I'm open to more ideas, especially if this one gets shot down..

Meshelic
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	worker.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	18.4 KB
ID:	31935  
Old December 17, 2002, 21:35   #117
Aro
lifer
Emperor

Beatiful. I like it!
Old December 17, 2002, 23:38   #118
Panzer32
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC4DG VoxInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 SunshinePtWDG2 Monty PythonPtWDG2 MonkeyPtWDG2 Latin LoversPtWDG2 Cake or Death?PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Glory of War
Emperor

shoot it down! Shoot it down!

just kidding, Its fine.
Proud Member of the ISDG Apolyton Team; Member #2 in the Apolyton Yact Club.
King of Trafalgar and Lord of all Isolationia in the Civ III PTW Glory of War team.
---------
May God Bless.
Old December 17, 2002, 23:39   #119
Beta
lifer
Deity

Gorgeous!!!

woof woof woof bark bark bark bow wow wow

(a happy dog )
Old December 18, 2002, 06:44   #120
Meshelic
King

Okay if you guys like the worker, then does this maybe look a little better?
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	laborpartyflag1 copy.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	18.8 KB
ID:	31965