Old December 18, 2002, 08:25   #121
Beta
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 MonkeyC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversCivilization IV PBEMCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamBtS Tri-LeaguePolyCast TeamDiploGamesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG TemplarsC3CDG Team Babylon
Deity

Local Time: 08:25
Local Date: November 1, 2010
I like the combo! The only problem is that both the red and the brown look a bit too orange. (maybe its my eyes.)

(hey - aren't dogs color blind anyways...)
Old December 18, 2002, 08:30   #122
Beta
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 MonkeyC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversCivilization IV PBEMCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamBtS Tri-LeaguePolyCast TeamDiploGamesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG TemplarsC3CDG Team Babylon
Deity

Hey boss - you would have been proud of your party. Four of us were on the turn chat last evening - keeping those right-wing war-mongers in check.

And yes - there is now a world war. I'm sure the burden of this war will be carried on the backs of the working class...

Did I not catch a rumour of them reducing wages ... And cancelling factory projects in favor of the war effort.
Old December 18, 2002, 08:32   #123
Meshelic
PtWDG Gathering StormCivilization III Democracy GameNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 04:25
Quote:
Originally posted by BetaHound
I like the combo! The only problem is that both the red and the brown look a bit too orange. (maybe its my eyes.)

(hey - aren't dogs color blind anyways...)
The red is maxxed out so I know that couldn't be orange...it's probably the brown color, I need to make it a darker shade of brown....I thought about that when I posted it too.

Glad you like it so far, though. That makes me feel better about my sub-average graphic skills....
Meshelic
Old December 18, 2002, 09:22   #124
Meshelic
PtWDG Gathering StormCivilization III Democracy GameNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Quote:
Originally posted by BetaHound
Hey boss - you would have been proud of your party. Four of us were on the turn chat last evening - keeping those right-wing war-mongers in check.

And yes - there is now a world war. I'm sure the burden of this war will be carried on the backs of the working class...

Did I not catch a rumour of them reducing wages ... And cancelling factory projects in favor of the war effort.
From the desk of the Chairman,

I'm very proud indeed... Way to go guys! Wish I could have made it but real life prevented me from doing so.

In light of the World War and the reduced wages, I have turned down my nomination as Deputy of Public Works in favor of a different post. Although as Director of the Workers, it would seem that one of my personal goals for the Labor Party could have been accomplished, but should the cards fall right, I will hopefully be doing an even greater service to our country.

I am pleased with Panzer32 and Kloreep's progress in the Regional Administration. I would love to be updated as to the situation there. Soon we shall move our headquarters to one of the major cities under their governorship. Once they are in office, we shall hold a vote as to which city shall become our capito...eh, headquarters.

As for me, your Chairman may be activated in our armed services. I will keep you all informed.

Check out Aro's maps if you haven't already, he's done a wonderful job. I would like to applaud our Vice-Chairman for his continued contribution!

Chairman Meshelic
Old December 18, 2002, 11:16   #125
Aro
lifer
PtWDG Glory of WarC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering StormCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Local Time: 09:25
Thanks, Mr. Chairman. Congrats to Panzer32 and Kloreep, they will do a great service to our Nation and to our cause. BetaHound was in the last chat, permanently vigilant, not to mention our "think tank" of one man, Shiber. As you can see, our Party has a very important role here...
Old December 18, 2002, 11:30   #126
Shiber
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 Cake or Death?InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 14:25
IMHO instead of complaining about the war, we should try to find ways to exploit it to further our goals. I suggest that we take the following steps:
  • Put pressure on building additional factories, to aid the war efforts and to create new jobs.
  • Attempt to steer war-related negotiations in a way that would benefit our country's economy (e.g. by selling our natural resources or getting some foreign gpt in other ways), and then put this money into social welfare.
  • Convince factory owners to give their workers a special bonus every time we conquer a German or Roman city as a motivational boost.
- Phantom of the Opera
Old December 18, 2002, 11:33   #127
Shiber
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 Cake or Death?InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Aro
Thanks, Mr. Chairman. Congrats to Panzer32 and Kloreep, they will do a great service to our Nation and to our cause. BetaHound was in the last chat, permanently vigilant, not to mention our "think tank" of one man, Shiber. As you can see, our Party has a very important role here...
Sorry I couldn't make it to the chat. I was in school while it was taking place.
- Phantom of the Opera
Old December 18, 2002, 12:26   #128
Beta
lifer
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Shiber
IMHO instead of complaining about the war, we should try to find ways to exploit it to further our goals. I suggest that we take the following steps:
  • Put pressure on building additional factories, to aid the war efforts and to create new jobs.
  • Attempt to steer war-related negotiations in a way that would benefit our country's economy (e.g. by selling our natural resources or getting some foreign gpt in other ways), and then put this money into social welfare.
  • Convince factory owners to give their workers a special bonus every time we conquer a German or Roman city as a motivational boost.
Hmmm - Shiber raises some interesting questions for the party's brain trust to ponder over.

(all that smoke is the brain trust hard at work - not Aro going up in flames)
Old December 18, 2002, 13:27   #129
Aro
lifer
PtWDG Glory of WarC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering StormCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

BetaHound, I'm thinking about make of myself a human torch, in the center of our Capital. This will be a show! I'm just waiting for Refining, I'll need some oil to do that.
Old December 18, 2002, 13:36   #130
Aro
lifer
Emperor

Quote:

Sorry I couldn't make it to the chat. I was in school while it was taking place.
Shiber, you are more present in the game than most of our officers. And you contribute a lot with your ideas and plans. So... don't worry, there's always another chats...

Quote:
See? Great plan, great ideas...
Old December 18, 2002, 20:16   #131
Meshelic
King

Very good Shiber!

This will work well with our Labor Party newsletter....

Anyone see the modified worker image I posted behind the red/brown flag?

Meshelic
Old December 19, 2002, 19:37   #132
Meshelic
King

roleplay

In a letter addressed to all Senators,

The Shadow Service, now activated, will hereby no longer provide bodyguard protection for the President. Mistreatment of SS agents by the President and his political party, the Democratic Industrialists, are directly linked to this change in policy.

The Shadow Service shall no longer be held responsible for personal protection of political figures.

- Agent Neshelik, S.S.

end Roleplay [/i]
Old December 19, 2002, 19:42   #133
Panag
MacCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusC4BtSDG Rabbits of Caerbannog
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Meshelic
roleplay

In a letter addressed to all Senators,

The Shadow Service, now activated, will hereby no longer provide bodyguard protection for the President. Mistreatment of SS agents by the President and his political party, the Democratic Industrialists, are directly linked to this change in policy.

The Shadow Service shall no longer be held responsible for personal protection of political figures.

- Agent Neshelik, S.S.

end Roleplay [/i]
hi ,

those goons would never be able to do anything anyway , .....

at least we always kept our own guards , ......

, your Shadow Service came to the point of being declared an illegal organised crime syndicate anyway , ......

have a nice DIA day
Old December 19, 2002, 20:18   #134
Meshelic
King

Panag

Last edited by Meshelic; December 20, 2002 at 09:04.
Old December 19, 2002, 21:10   #135
Meshelic
King

The DIA-LABOR spamfest is over. Both sides have agreed to an anti-spam treaty.

Meshelic
Old December 19, 2002, 21:17   #136
Meshelic
King

We shall be releasing the first Labor Party Newspaper, which I would like to call "National Weekly Worker", or NWW for short, although the name is not finalized and may be prone to change before release....

I would like to ask for all officers/committee members of the Labor Party to submit to me in PM a paragraph or two describing your character history, why you joined the Labor Party, and an agenda you support or would like to see put forward. This shall be added to the NWW
"Members" section.

Also, article submissions are definetely welcome. If you have any more ideas, submit them to me via PM.

Thanks team!
Meshelic
Chairman, Labor Party
Old December 21, 2002, 04:02   #137
Meshelic
King

*bump*
Old December 21, 2002, 04:43   #138
Shiber
Emperor

Yo Mesh!
Submitted mine.
- Phantom of the Opera
Old December 21, 2002, 04:54   #139
Meshelic
King

Awesome, I got it. So far only Shiber and Panzer32 have submitted their character bio's for the Labor Party newspaper/newsletter....

That leaves Aro, Kloreep and BetaHound....
Old December 21, 2002, 05:06   #140
Shiber
Emperor

Damn! I thought I was first.
- Phantom of the Opera
Old December 21, 2002, 05:27   #141
Meshelic
King

Panzer32 was pretty quick on this one. Within the first couple of hours I think....

However you are 2nd and that ain't too shabby....

Better luck next time?

Chairman Meshelic
Old December 21, 2002, 08:53   #142
Aro
lifer
Emperor

Quote:

...That leaves Aro, Kloreep and BetaHound....
I'll do it, I'll do it!
Old December 21, 2002, 10:32   #143
Panzer32
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC4DG VoxInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 SunshinePtWDG2 Monty PythonPtWDG2 MonkeyPtWDG2 Latin LoversPtWDG2 Cake or Death?PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Glory of War
Emperor

Quote:
Panzer32 was pretty quick on this one. Within the first couple of hours I think....
Just shows you what loyalty can do!

and the of the Labour Party!
Proud Member of the ISDG Apolyton Team; Member #2 in the Apolyton Yact Club.
King of Trafalgar and Lord of all Isolationia in the Civ III PTW Glory of War team.
---------
May God Bless.
Old December 21, 2002, 19:45   #144
Meshelic
King

ALP ANNOUNCEMENT

Soon the "National Weekly Worker" shall be released in a newspaper stand near you! This newspaper, written by fictional characters, will question the issues, report the latest worker news, and will feature guest appearences by the Chairman and other Labor Party Committee Members. The opening issue shall feature articles written by (fictional RP characters) :

Werner Goether - Staff Editor
Jacques Le'fignon - Staff Columnist
Chairman Meshelic - special "guest" columnist
Hermanos DePaolo - Staff Columnist

Feature articles include : "Across the Nation" Editor's Corner, "Employment on Rise?", "The Rise of Syndicates", and many more!

Pre-order your copy today!!
Old December 22, 2002, 13:48   #145
Shiber
Emperor

The recent debates on the subject of religion have been causing me to ponder about several issues. Does the ALP, being the most left-wing party in the Apolytonian political spectrum, oppose religion? What is our stance towards religion anyway?
- Phantom of the Opera
Old December 22, 2002, 17:19   #146
Meshelic
King

We have not decided a stance on religion in any official capacity, I have just assumed a policy of "religious tolerance" would suit us fine.

My personal stance (in a roleplay atmosphere) is that a religious right could stir up alot of trouble for the nation.
Though never in my life have I opposed religion, only violent ones.
Old December 28, 2002, 03:10   #147
Meshelic
King

I will be absent from any computer for a week, courtesy of vacationing to the beach. I will return on or around January 5th. So I appoint Aro as temporary Chairman in light of my absence, until I have returned.

Workers unite!
Meshelic
Old December 28, 2002, 06:55   #148
Shiber
Emperor

Have a great time Meshelic!
- Phantom of the Opera
Old December 28, 2002, 19:06   #149
Beta
lifer
Deity

Happy trails, boss! Have a pina colada for me, will you!

(as I 'slave' away on the factory floor....)
Old December 28, 2002, 19:08   #150
Kuciwalker
Deity

Wow, this thread is HUGE!