Old December 29, 2002, 11:48   #151
Beta
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 MonkeyC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversCivilization IV PBEMCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamBtS Tri-LeaguePolyCast TeamDiploGamesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG TemplarsC3CDG Team Babylon
Deity

Local Time: 08:25
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Thank-you. We are proud of it.

We may be a small part, but we are noisy.

Wanna join?
Old December 29, 2002, 11:51   #152
Kuciwalker
Deity

ummmm... no

I'm a member of ARMS and FEAR already. You know, I'm the fanatic whose been ranting on about the great Prophet Aggie?
Old December 29, 2002, 12:28   #153
Beta
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 MonkeyC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversCivilization IV PBEMCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamBtS Tri-LeaguePolyCast TeamDiploGamesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG TemplarsC3CDG Team Babylon
Deity

Yes - I understand - but it is never too late to see the error of your ways ..... never ....
Old December 29, 2002, 13:09   #154
Kuciwalker
Deity

ERROR?!?!?!

YOU DARE CALL THE WORDS OF THE PROPHET AGGIE ERROR?!?!?!?!

LET THE GREAT BANANA STRIKE YOU DOWN!

see, it's FUN
Old January 5, 2003, 19:13   #155
Meshelic
PtWDG Gathering StormCivilization III Democracy GameNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 04:25
I'd like to announce a new addition to our roster, aleion! Glory to the Laborers! On this day I declare that we throw a party in his honor, and for the honor of the ALP!

Aro - I want you to make the Turkey.

Kloreep - You can help eat the Turkey.

Shiber - I expect a damn good roast from you as well.

Panzer32 - You'll provide Security, but you can still eat too.

BetaHound - As long as you don't beg at the table, we'll let you sit with the big boys. Just kidding.

and I myself will coordinate dining arrangements, as well as call the band, and invite some lovely ladies.

Old January 5, 2003, 20:12   #156
aleion
NationStatesCivilization III Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCall to Power II Democracy Game
Chieftain

Local Time: 07:25
Re: Labor Party Charter & Home
Quote:
Originally posted by Meshelic
LABOR PARTY CHARTER

Preface: Founded in 1220 AD, the people of Apolytonia, who are constitutionally guaranteed their unalienable rights and freedoms as citizens, do hereby organize themselves into the functional and active political party to be known as the Apolyton Labor Party. We acknowledge the legitimacy of the Apolyton democratic governing body, and vow to abide by its laws represented in the New Constitution. In doing so, the Labor Party shall stand behind it’s nations workers, the common citizens, and those who desire to see the greatness of Apolyton achieved.

Mandate

Section 1 - Labor Party Body

Chairman - To be elected every three months, the Chairman of the Labor Party will be responsible for directing party activeness and involvement in Senate motions, encouraging members to run for office, and acting as moderator for in-party discussions.
Vice-Chairman - Appointed by the Chairman, the Vice-Chairman is responsible for the duties of the Chairman in his absence.
Committee – Made up of all the members of the Labor Party, they shall be the true power behind party policies. The Committee shall vote in elections, participate in inter-party discussions, and decide upon additional Party policies.

Section 2 - Policy

1. The primary goal of the Labor Party is to encourage nationalism among the citizens of Apolyton by promoting greater involvement in Senate debates and polls, regardless of whether they disagree with Labor Party agenda. To rally the nation in it’s participation in government decisions, general discussion, and to spur renewed involvement in the designs of their nation, Apolytonia. All other goals fall behind this first, most important one.
2. To promote economic stability nationwide, through foreign trade and internal revenue- generating improvements.
3. To promote a military consisting of only the most elite and technologically advanced units available, with great care taken in assuring that no money is wasted on maintaining less-advanced and less-experienced armed forces who only drain the revenue created by our cities.
4. To introduce “syndicates” into Apolyton. To protect the interests of the workers who mine the hills, build our roads, chop our forests or irrigate our river valleys.

Section 3 - Elections
1. Party members are strongly encouraged to run for government office in the hopes that we may strengthen our position as a political party, as well as present our reforms to the public in a respectable and acceptable way.

This document is subject to change at any time at the behest of the Committee.

1st Amendment to Charter concerning Slavery
That the Labor Party opposes slavery in all it's forms and will fight for the freedoms of the repressed slaves in our own nation, and in foreign nations.
My name is aleion not laeion

Ambassador to Legoland on the Lux Invicta Team
Member of: Team Lux Invicta (PTW Demo Game)
Old January 5, 2003, 21:00   #157
Meshelic
PtWDG Gathering StormCivilization III Democracy GameNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Re: Re: Labor Party Charter & Home
Quote:
Originally posted by aleion

My name is aleion not laeion
Thanks for reposting the Charter near the bottom, that makes things quite a bit easier.

And yes sorry about the name spelling; accidentally switched letters....oops.
Old January 5, 2003, 21:38   #158
Kloreep
C3CDG Team BabylonPtWDG LegolandInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityCivilization IV PBEMC4DG The Mercenary Team
Emperor

Welcome, aleion.

Quote:
Kloreep is a Regional Administrator as well, and is a political behemoth!
I'm a political behemoth? Wow. Guess that's what happens when you propose a few bills.
Old January 5, 2003, 21:58   #159
Meshelic
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Kloreep
Welcome, aleion.

I'm a political behemoth? Wow. Guess that's what happens when you propose a few bills.
Indeed Kloreep, indeed.
Old January 6, 2003, 02:18   #160
Zero
PtWDG Glory of WarInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG3 SpartansPtWDG2 Monkey
King

Is the labor party for slavery or against?

Does the interests of blue collared workers extend to foreign nationals?
Old January 6, 2003, 06:03   #161
Meshelic
King

Look on the 4th post above your own, near the bottom, and you should find your answer Calc II.

By the way, nice to hear from you Calc II, haven't seen much of you in the Demo game lately....

Meshelic
Chairman
Old January 6, 2003, 12:42   #162
Nimitz
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG LegolandNever Ending StoriesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMC3CDG Blood Oath HordeC4DG The HordeCiv4 SP Democracy GameNationStates
King

Glad to see you back the DIA is looking for canidates to run.
Old January 6, 2003, 16:40   #163
Panzer32
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC4DG VoxInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 SunshinePtWDG2 Monty PythonPtWDG2 MonkeyPtWDG2 Latin LoversPtWDG2 Cake or Death?PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Glory of War
Emperor

don't hijack our thread Nimitz!
Proud Member of the ISDG Apolyton Team; Member #2 in the Apolyton Yact Club.
King of Trafalgar and Lord of all Isolationia in the Civ III PTW Glory of War team.
---------
May God Bless.
Old January 6, 2003, 17:00   #164
Nimitz
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG LegolandNever Ending StoriesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMC3CDG Blood Oath HordeC4DG The HordeCiv4 SP Democracy GameNationStates
King

its not hijacking its seeing someone and coming to talk to them.
Old January 6, 2003, 18:37   #165
Mr Mayor
Civilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamNationStates
Warlord

Local Time: 12:25
(Mr Mayor walks in sees whos inside and walks quicky out)
Old January 6, 2003, 18:58   #166
aleion
NationStatesCivilization III Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCall to Power II Democracy Game
Chieftain

there should be passwords on some threads.....

Old January 6, 2003, 19:09   #167
Meshelic
King

Well we've run into this before, at the beginning of this last term - When DIA members would post in ALP threads that SPECIFICALLY asked for no outside posting unless it's a question or they were invited or etc. The same thing happened on the other end; too, so we're all guilty to some extent.

Although I consider Calc II one of my friends here, and I don't mind him showing up and saying hi. It's the same with Nimitz, I respect both of them quite a bit. So if they pop up and say hi that's no problem.

But when it comes down to where DIA members, or Hawks are having conversations in the LABOR PARTY thread, then that is a problem and is disrespectful.

So I'll ask again, could non-ALP members take their conversations elsewhere? unless they have a question for me or any other ALP member they should not be posting here. Thanks.

Meshelic
Chairman, Labor Party
Old January 6, 2003, 19:20   #168
aleion
Chieftain

PLEASE STOP POSTING HERE UNLESS YOU HAVE QUESTION OR ARE PART OF LABOR PARTY!!!!!!!

Old January 6, 2003, 19:21   #169
Meshelic
King

Perhaps I should appoint aleion as the "public relations enforcer" for the ALP....
Old January 6, 2003, 19:24   #170
naervod
PtWDG RoleplayDiplomacyNever Ending StoriesSpanish Civers
Chieftain

This part sounds interesting, I would like to join.
Old January 6, 2003, 19:47   #171
Meshelic
King

Welcome to the Labor Party naervod!

Man, with all these new people joining we've been throwing "welcoming banquets" all over the place!

Check out the Charter on page 1 of this thread (or page 8, thanks to aleion!) if you have any questions about what the ALP is all about.

Don't worry, we don't have any "initiation rituals" or anything....

Meshelic
Chairman, Apolyton Labor Party
Old January 7, 2003, 00:48   #172
Zero
PtWDG Glory of WarInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG3 SpartansPtWDG2 Monkey
King

Quote:
Look on the 4th post above your own, near the bottom, and you should find your answer Calc II.

By the way, nice to hear from you Calc II, haven't seen much of you in the Demo game lately....

Meshelic
Chairman

oops i read the policy but not the amendments. That answers it. BTW, I havent seen much of you in PTW demo either.
Old January 7, 2003, 01:03   #173
Meshelic
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Calc II

oops i read the policy but not the amendments. That answers it. BTW, I havent seen much of you in PTW demo either.
No problem, and yes I've been absent for a week or so, I was on vacation during Christmas and New Years, but I'm back and in the swing of things again. Thanks, it's good to hear you're around, too.

Now get outta my thread!
Old January 7, 2003, 18:43   #174
Meshelic
King

I am encouraged and delighted to announce that we have two Labor Party members running for office Term 8! Shiber has announced his candidacy for Foreign Affairs Minister, while I (Meshelic of course!) will be running for Supreme Military Commander. I hope that we can count on the support of our Labor Party comrades!

Who else from the Labor Party plans on partaking in the Term 8 Government? Domestic Minister and President still remain with no one nominated, not to mention that Deputies and Regional Administrators are needed as well!

Meshelic
Chairman, ALP
Old January 7, 2003, 20:15   #175
Panzer32
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC4DG VoxInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 SunshinePtWDG2 Monty PythonPtWDG2 MonkeyPtWDG2 Latin LoversPtWDG2 Cake or Death?PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Glory of War
Emperor

I will be an RA... maybe next term the Dm - too busy this month.
Proud Member of the ISDG Apolyton Team; Member #2 in the Apolyton Yact Club.
King of Trafalgar and Lord of all Isolationia in the Civ III PTW Glory of War team.
---------
May God Bless.
Old January 7, 2003, 21:07   #176
Meshelic
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Panzer32
I will be an RA... maybe next term the Dm - too busy this month.
Awesome.

What about Kloreep? Are you planning on running for an RA position again?
Old January 7, 2003, 22:07   #177
Aro
lifer
PtWDG Glory of WarC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering StormCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Local Time: 09:25
I don't have the skills for any office... Cartographer, maybe... But I'm strongly support all my comrades! Go, Meshelic, Shiber and Panzer32!
Old January 7, 2003, 23:54   #178
Kloreep
C3CDG Team BabylonPtWDG LegolandInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityCivilization IV PBEMC4DG The Mercenary Team
Emperor

Quote:
What about Kloreep? Are you planning on running for an RA position again?
Yep. And I'll probably remain the DM (Heh, the Directory Manager gets the same abbreviation as the Domestic Minister ) and the Newzupdater as well, unless someone else wants 'em.

I suppose I might run for the DM (the other one ) if no one else does, but I'd be pretty horrible at it (not being able to attend most of the chats, etc.).
Old January 8, 2003, 00:23   #179
Meshelic
King

*rubbing hands together in anticipation*

What a great world it would be if every position was filled by an ALP member....
Old January 12, 2003, 21:05   #180
aleion
Chieftain

Is there a govenment post i could be in......such as deputy to something.....ect.