Old July 16, 2000, 03:10   #1
ProvostB
Emperor

Local Time: 01:46
Local Date: October 31, 2010
i just went back to smac/x
i think the last time i played it was maybe december 1999.
still, in my first game back, as the university, i'm at 2184. conquered yang and santiago.
techs coming in every 2 turns.
going for orbital spaceflight
Old July 16, 2000, 10:07   #2
Googlie
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 GaiansACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNsACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha Centaurians
Emperor

Local Time: 18:46
Local Date: October 30, 2010
WB, ProvostB - - we missed your wit and wisdom.

Googlie
Old July 21, 2000, 20:31   #3
vee4473
King

Local Time: 20:46
I just thought I would stick my 2 cents in about coming back to a game.

It's a weird phenomenon....feling completely disinterested in a game, and then, after a while feeling such a strong resurgence of interest in that game that you have to play it constantly.

maybe that was only worth 1 cent....

Old July 22, 2000, 05:05   #4
Alinestra Covelia
ACDG The Human HiveRise of Nations Multiplayer
Queen

Local Time: 21:46
This preceding week, I have managed to get two friends of mine back into the swing of SMAC/X! One had played the game to death as the Provost and believed he had seen all there was to see, and the other had played the game to death as the Spartans.

I persuaded them both to revisit the game through the simple expedient of a Hotseat game.

Two more for the Cause...
Old July 22, 2000, 14:32   #5
Simpson II
Prince

Funnily enough, I just came back after 6 or 8 months without playing. I even lost my old Apolyton identity through laziness and change of e-mail address (Yes, I was Simpson ).

Less than a week later I'm in my first Internet MP game, have posted a new faction to the creation forums, and am playing every day. I'm even thinking of posting a game or two to the HoF.

Just like they say, once you're addicted to Smac you can never really give it up.
Old July 22, 2000, 18:44   #6
AI

I am in a patch where I couldn't care about playing at the moment. But that will probably reverse at some point over the next few months....

Old July 22, 2000, 19:42   #7
DaveVegas
Chieftain

Hey,
No Offense to Mark but I sent a faction about 8-9 months ago. It was full of errors I asked it to be deleted. Unfortunately it was not removed. Herer.zip is the file I have version two if anyone by chance wants it. I know it will be a LONG TIME before it is made available. hererv2.zip just e-mail me I will send it. The file that is up was my first attempt it REALLY sucks! Later!
Old July 24, 2000, 17:25   #8
Chowlett
Alpha Centauri PBEM
King

S II, has your faction gone up yet? I have one sent but not up, so yours is, I'll resend mine.
Old July 25, 2000, 00:00   #9
LoD
Prince

Local Time: 02:46
Thanks ProvostB for keeping the SMACer population at level.

I said that because I'm dropping my interest in SMAC (for various reasons). I'll be dropping some lines here from time to time, but no more new PBEMs for me.

LoD the Departed
Old July 28, 2000, 17:31   #10
DilithiumDad
Alpha Centauri PBEMCivilization III PBEM
Prince

Local Time: 20:46
LoD, sorry to hear that you're losing interest.

So, presumably the Gaian forces can waltz into Pope LoD's places of worship unimpeded in the Islanders game?!

------------------
Creator of the Ultimate Builder Map, based on the Huge Map of Planet
Old July 30, 2000, 08:39   #11
LoD
Prince

Local Time: 02:46
DD: No, it just means that I'll have to divide my attention between Diablo II and SMAC.

...And if a single one of your anemic, wegetarian, root-beer drinking, tree-hugging followers dares to cross my border, I will personally light up the fire at your stake .

Latest news: I may be returning to playing the game, since some people from our flat's LAN (yes, we have a very own network ) declared that they'll be willing to play SMAC. I'll see how it turns out...

LoD
Old July 30, 2000, 09:28   #12
Simpson II
Prince

Chowlett, no my faction hasn't even been sent to the files section. It is updated so rarely that for an experimental, beta version of a faction it isn't worth it.
I put a post in creation with a description and a link to a download page( Download The Unity Engineers here!! ) which I created just for the task. If you want yours hosting I'll put it up for you, you can e-mail me with it at james_moughan@hotmail.com .
[This message has been edited by Simpson II (edited July 30, 2000).]
Old August 2, 2000, 22:53   #13
Balleyhoo
Settler

After about 7 months I decided to crank up the ole SMACX. I had burned myself out on gaming in general but with just a few turns I was addicted again. Playing blind Ironman as Diedra and after 112 years I was the only human species left. This was a first for me. I started out on a rather small island sitting in between Caretakers and Usurpers whom were both in poseesion of huge continents. It has really been great to turn on the X weapons and see these aliens beg for mercy. There is really something about this game that keeps calling me back. What is it, here comes another late night
Old August 3, 2000, 20:55   #14
Adam_Smith
Prince

I think I slowed my SMACX playing down for a little less than a month after I bought Imperium Galactica II. That game is horrible though, and I've gone back to playing everyday that I can now. I usually play hotseat against myself though, because it's the best game that I can find. Shogun Total War is suppose to be good. I might try that or wait until CTPII comes out. For right now I still in for SMACX.
Old August 7, 2000, 10:24   #15
Alphaphreek101
Settler

I've had SMAC for about a week...hmmm...maybe a week and a half and I have been playing it every day since I bought it.

And even though ive only had it such a short time, I am already wipping cpu a$$ on talent mode. And despite the fact that this game is relatively (how shall we say this...) un-new. I beleive I'll be playing it for years to come.

Just thought I'd add a little input, and let all of u know the cause has claimed another happy little soul.

Alphaphreek