Old December 12, 2002, 01:31   #1
Swampthing
Settler

Local Time: 12:28
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Hello Again!
Finally finished Uni and passed with good marks, so back to my scenario.

I need suggestions of Wonders in Europe, North Africa and the Middle East circa 1090 AD

Here are the ones I have decided on so far.

Pyramids- Cairo - No real suprise there.

Colossus - Hagia Sophia in Constantinople - The Byzantine Empire was always wealthy, and in the twelfth century became a key focal point for trade due to increased Italian influence, I wanted to reflect this fact.

Great wall of China - Round City of Baghdad - Baghdad. Islam was still a significant power militarily in the eleventh and twelfth centuries, but on a gameplay front the Islamic civilization of the middle-east shall be one of the main opponents. The Great Wall of China will make them a tougher foe.

Michelangelos Chapel - Holy Sepulchre, Jerusalem. In medieval European maps Jerusalem was always considered the centre of the Universe (I believe), and the Holy Sepulchre was of prime importance ideologically. I wanted to give a concrete advantage to possessing the city, and provide an incentive for the player to capture t.

any other ideas?
Old December 12, 2002, 09:37   #2
Máximo Décimo
PtWDG2 Latin LoversSpanish Civers
King

Local Time: 13:28
What about this?:

Oracle -> Saint James' Way: Jay Bee's scenario "Spanish Pride" has this wonder, but I don't know its effects. The city of Santiago (in honor to Saint James) was the most important center of pilgrimage in Occ. Europe, as Jerusalem was in Middle East. Along the Way walked by the pilgrims, lots of Romanic temples were built in those years. And to fix better in your scen, I've known that a royal privilege in the same year 1090 promoted the construction of lots of temples during the XII centuy.

Hope you like it
Old December 12, 2002, 12:15   #3
jim panse
Scenario League / Civ2-Creation
King

Local Time: 14:28
hello swampthing, what is your scenario exactly about? i ithink it would be interesting ....

by the way if the German Empire is integrated in your scenario i think you should create something representing the investiture "war" between the Pope and the German Emperor (finally solved in Worms 1122)?!
Old December 15, 2002, 02:38   #4
Swampthing
Settler

Local Time: 12:28
The basic Idea right now is the player takes on the role of a mercenary and essentially embarks on a massive war of conquest in medieval Europe and the middle-east to forge a new state.

I'm planning on incorporating the following.

The option to lead a crusade.

The option to 'convert' to Islam and lead a Jihad.

conquer each of the major monarchies and assume their crown.

Some elements are mutually exlcusive. Eg. I would have two 'event' units in Clermont and one Islamic city.

By killing the unit in Clermont, a Crusade would be launched and you would recieve an army to lead to the holy land, but this would change the terrain around the Islamic city, destroying it.

Likewise, by killing the unit in the Islamic city, you would convert and receive new units (Marmelukes) as well as a new form of gov (Communism- called Sultanate), but that would destroy the unit in Clermont.

University set back my progress a bit, but I am catching up.